Runway To "The Glamour Project" – Diane Kruger In Alexander Wang

When I saw this Alexander Wang Spring 2009 strapless dress, on the runway, I immediately put it in the category of ‘to be worn by models only’, like most of the Preen Spring 2009 collection.

Diane Kruger, banished that thought when I saw this picture of her at The Glamour Project wearing the Alexander Wang stretch mesh combo dress.

She looked flawless wearing her dress with sheer black tights, and black pointy pumps.

Could you pull this dress off as flawlessly as Diane? Well you can purchase this dress from Saks.com for $796.

Thanks to alyss for the picture.

More Freida Pinto For Vogue India March 2009

More Freida Pinto For Vogue India March 2009

Leighton Meester For InStyle US March 2009

Leighton Meester For InStyle US March 2009

12 Responses to Runway To "The Glamour Project" – Diane Kruger In Alexander Wang

1. robbie February 26, 2009 at 17:21 #

stunning dress, except for the tights, tights ruin everything *angry face*

*adds dress to longggggggggg list*

2. Jude February 26, 2009 at 17:26 #

You’re not bothered by the tights – that’s so unlike you!

Love the dress, Diane always mixes it up, classic Chanel one week, amazing colour pop the next.

3. Candida February 26, 2009 at 17:38 #

Oh gosh! Carol Trentini (brazilian, just like me) is wonderful in the dress, beatiful! Now Diane Kruger…

4. jess February 26, 2009 at 17:38 #

oooh lindsay lohan has also worn the same alexander wang dress on a night out with lily allen but Diane will always win over lohan for me! x

5. Fashion Critic February 26, 2009 at 17:38 #

LOL Jude, You know me too well.

On this occasion, I will let it slide because she looks so fabulous.

I tend to make the odd exclusion.

6. drinkupthefashion February 26, 2009 at 19:50 #

she should have lost the tights. other than that, she looks great.

7. Freida fan February 26, 2009 at 20:13 #

it fits her better than the model in my opinion. the tights aint to bad because of the fierce shoes.

Nicole

8. Anonymous February 26, 2009 at 23:45 #

F-list celebs have almost made me hate every tight dress by permanently wearing Herve Leger, but Diane saves the silhouette.
    And since she started as a model (and, as you know, she’s still doing some stuff when Karl Lagerfeld asks her), I’d say your prediction about models wearing Wang’s collection was pretty exact.

9. Daphne February 27, 2009 at 00:25 #

2009 isn’t looking so great for Diane so far. I personally didn’t like her Zac Posen, her Nina Ricci, and now this…and it’s all because of the generic bob. It’s like hooker meets housewife.

10. Anonymous February 27, 2009 at 01:54 #

haha I agree with Daphne! for while i’ve been tryingto figure out what was wrong with her. What do you think FC?

11. Fashion Critic February 27, 2009 at 21:11 #

Anon 22:45, I always forget she was a model first.

12. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 18:55 #

Diane is the regular for being able to change my mind, but she doesn’t quite succeed this time. I can’t blame it on her, though. It looks the same way on Caroline, too. It has to do with the design of the dress itself. (Alexander Wang is crap. In MY opinion, of course.) I like color blocking, but this assymetrical line that goes across the waist area looks extremely unflattering on the body. It should be way below the waist to look any good.