Debra Messing Hosts The 11th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards

Debra Messing was the host of the 11th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards in LA last week.

The ceremony paid tribute to the unsung heroes of Hollywood – the costume designers.

The actress made an impressive 4 costume changes including Dolce & Gabbana and Giambattista Valli and two couture gowns by Elie Saab and Zuhair Murad.

I personally love her in the Dolce & Gabbbana gown.

Source & Source
Ports 1961 Fall 2009

Ports 1961 Fall 2009

Tadashi Shoji Fall 2009

Tadashi Shoji Fall 2009

19 Responses to Debra Messing Hosts The 11th Annual Costume Designers Guild Awards

1. robbie February 24, 2009 at 14:42 #

S-T-U-N-N-I-N-G!

at long last she is back to being fabulous.

im in love with that necklace she wore with the dolce and gabbana gown. i love the 50s feel from the giambattista valli dress, very chic, not totally sure about the orange glows though. i am droolivng over my kayboard just look at the elie saab dress, it is absolute pefection. the zuhair murad dress is nice, its great to see alot more of his designs on the red carpet, i love the tiara very nice touch.

2. Ace Azri February 24, 2009 at 14:57 #

i really2 like her in the giambattista valli dress. it looks cute on her and the gloves works too.

3. Minna February 24, 2009 at 15:31 #

Finally, Debra looks good. She’s spent several weeks of the award season looking beyond busted. Either she’s re-hired Rachel Zoe or she’s found a stylist that can actually see.

4. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 15:35 #

Tanya Gill is her stylist

5. Hoardmeister February 24, 2009 at 15:42 #

If you ask me, dahling, Tanya Gill is an ENORMOUS improvement over Rachel Zoe! I love all of them except for the orange dress (I’m having Sophia Loren flashbacks!).

You CAN’T be one person writing this, can you? When do you sleep??

6. Raquel February 24, 2009 at 15:49 #

Didn't Lily Allne wear the same D&G dress a couple of months ago?

Debra looks good, my favotire is the Elie Saab one.

7. Ahot February 24, 2009 at 16:18 #

isn´t that Dg dress Lilly Allen wore last year? i just can´t remenber at which event she did

8. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 16:22 #

Hoardmeister, it’s just me. :)

I am a fashion obsessive, so this blog is very easy and therapeutic to me.

I could write all day, but I limit myself to 5/6 posts a day.

9. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 16:23 #

Oh yes Lily Allen wore it to the GQ awards.

10. Minna February 24, 2009 at 18:18 #

But FC, did she hire Tanya Gill right after she fired Rachel Zoe? Because this is a massive improvement to just last week and before. Maybe Tanya had to warm up to her or something, cuz this is just so different. Or maybe Rachel was making her look like crap all this time and Debra finally had enough.

11. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 18:25 #

I am not sure, I just read that Tanya is representing her currently.

So far so good imo. I hope they continue to work together, because like you said, Rachel was making her look bad.

12. amy b.s. February 24, 2009 at 18:28 #

i too love the necklace she wore with the dolce & gabbana dress, but i am loving the elie saab dress the most. just stunning.

13. Leo February 24, 2009 at 18:30 #

When she does right, she does right. I loved all her looks. I simply adored the Giambattista Valli one, my fave.

She has fun with fashion and it shows, it’s just a delight to watch.

14. Minna February 24, 2009 at 18:47 #

Yeah. I wonder who will be on season 2 of the Rachel Zoe show if her clients are dropping her.

I hope Tanya continues to do a good job with Debra, cuz I don’t want to see her looking like a hot mess anytime soon.

15. Elle Woods February 24, 2009 at 19:10 #

Lovely dresses but she is looking quite skeletal isn’t she?

16. Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 00:15 #

It is me or those dresses she wore makes some of the looks at the Oscars seem boring! Loved the Zuhar Murad and the D&G beautiful

17. Fashion Critic February 25, 2009 at 15:32 #

Minna I don’t know when she was hired

18. Anonymous February 26, 2009 at 22:43 #

I’d love to see a “Who wore it better” with Lily Allen. Lily wore it at GQ’s Men of the Year Award and I saved the picture when I saw the dress.

19. whitestroke March 1, 2009 at 18:14 #

What a change! I love her in D&G and Giambattista Valli. Especially the latter. I'm suggesting a lot of other Rachel Zoe clients to look for another stylist, because she's clearly going downhill these days.