23.02.09 Best Dressed

Who Was The Best Dressed At The Oscars Parties?

Runway To The 2009 Oscar Parties

Runway To The 2009 Oscar Parties

Michelle Obama In Peter Soronen

Michelle Obama In Peter Soronen

26 Responses to Who Was The Best Dressed At The Oscars Parties?

1. Flora February 23, 2009 at 22:08 #

FC, I feel your pain, I was up at stupid o’clock this morning to go into work to sort out Oscars pics, and am severely flaking now. Please tell me you at least had a siesta?

Now to the frocks…

Now THAT’S more like it! A really interesting selection of dresses, unlike the main awards. I know it’s hard to pull off a short dress at the Oscars, but it would have been nice to see someone try and be a bit more daring. Where’s Bjork where you need her?

Don’t like Jada’s dress at all. Not even sure why she gets invited to these things – does she even act anymore?

Don’t like Taraji’s “mullet” dress, either. Pick a length and stick to it!

Love Natalia – hard to pull off something this wacky, but she does it with aplomb.

Carrie – yawn.

Gwen – wish she’d pose on her own without Gavin’s arm surgically attached to her all the time. The dress is… ok.

Olivia Wilde’s dress is just Ok too. I feel like I’ve seen this before, though.

Clare Danes’ dress just looks like a mess to me. I kind of want to rip off the black lace doily and reveal the nude striped number underneath, which looks much more interesting.

Kate Bosworth – yes, yes, yes! The best look of the night, from ANY of the Oscar events. Just fantastic, elagant, interesting, beautiful shimmering effect, minimal accessories, perfect hair, just wonderful all round!

2. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 22:14 #

Aww at least I was not suffering alone LOL.

I got a nap between 8am and 3pm.

3. Ling February 23, 2009 at 22:22 #

Hard to choose between ZiYi and Kate, went for ZiYi though because she looks so cute! Olivia Wilde’s dress looks a lot like the one she wore to the SAG awards (I think?)

4. Kelly February 23, 2009 at 22:24 #

I am so torn between Kate Bosworth and Olivia Wilde! They both look so effortless…

P.S. Thank you so much for your extensive coverage! <3 Your hard work is very much so appreciated.

5. langley February 23, 2009 at 22:26 #

where is Posh? she looked lovely..

6. Hayley February 23, 2009 at 22:50 #

Kate Bosworth just looked stunning. She outdid all the others by far!

7. wi February 23, 2009 at 22:54 #

why isn’t victoria on the poll? hm you know she would have won the most votes, haha she looked D-I-V-I-N-E

8. Rebecca February 23, 2009 at 23:04 #

Thanks for your amazing work on this blog, FC.

Your Oscar coverage really went above and beyond.

I’ve learnt a lot about fashion from this blog.

I just thought you should know that 99% of your readers greatly appreciate your work.

9. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 23:09 #

wi, I am trying to please everyone. She won the vote on Sunday, which a lot of people hated, so it was better to leave her out on this occasion.

10. robbie February 23, 2009 at 23:48 #

this is slightly tricky but eva, natalia and gwen (sadly) dont have a chance due to the boring black.

i will give it to kate, the dress is nice and it sparkles.

the rest are either boring or just plain.

11. Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 01:10 #

Why didn’t you put V.Beckham on the list, she was so elagant and absolutely gorgeous..

12. Crystalchange February 24, 2009 at 01:14 #

13. Freida lover February 24, 2009 at 02:03 #

Kate is suprisingly stunning she totally deserves it..

14. Meg February 24, 2009 at 02:36 #

Kate Bosworth looked great.

15. Ace Azri February 24, 2009 at 06:56 #

i didnt vote this time =(
    i thought some others look better like georgina or vb. but i think for this choices kate looks the best.
    anyway to flora. i think jada is invited cos her husband is will smith?

16. Simge February 24, 2009 at 07:08 #

where is jennifer aniston? i think she is gorgeus.

17. The One February 24, 2009 at 08:27 #

what a wonderful blog – your hard work is inspiring – BUT where is the most elegant lady of all the Oscar parties? Victoria Beckham, she was what i call timeless & flawless!

Please include her on the poll, please please please.

Love the blog – keep up the good work

18. Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 09:02 #

Hi,
    first of all congratulations for your beautiful, fashion and always-updated blog!
    I’ve found these photos on an italian website and I thought they might interest you.
    Her’s the link:

clicking on AVANTI you can see all the red-carpet photos.

Have a good day,

Giulia

19. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 10:38 #

Simge, Jennifer Aniston is in the poll below.

This was for party dresses.

20. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 11:08 #

Simge…like I said before. She won the vote on Sunday, which a lot of people hated, so it was better to leave her out on this occasion.

I have come to terms with the fact that I can not please everyone, as much as I do try.

21. WendyB February 24, 2009 at 16:45 #

I’m voting for Gwen — she was total perfection and I was “thisclose”!

22. Leo February 24, 2009 at 18:28 #

I think Claire Daines looks so great, very in her style but also sexy and different at the same time.

I loved Madonna in that Dior dress also and DVF in her own design too (both not featured here), it would be a tie for me between this 3. Madonna’s choice of dress was not an easy one but she makes that look work and Diane is just so fresh and amazing and just shows that age is just a number because she always looks great.

23. Paris February 24, 2009 at 21:23 #

Eva Longoria for going outside the box.

24. Wander February 25, 2009 at 20:15 #

Carrie Underwood! Pretty Girl! (L)

25. Anonymous February 27, 2009 at 23:02 #

Hey, are this Oscar polls gonna stay without answer? I thought we’ll get readers/critics choices.

And one question – why Cate Blachett wasn’t there?

Dominika

26. whitestroke February 28, 2009 at 19:53 #

OMG How come Salma Hayek, Alicia Keys and Naomi Watts are not included in this poll? I mean, they were, like, the best dressed at the after parties. I don’t understand how could you do this. I’m absolutely outraged!

*wink* ;)