Runway To The 2009 Oscars – Vanessa Hudgens In Marchesa

I will ignore the drama that comes with writing about Vanessa Hudgens, because she looks so beautiful tonight.

On the red carpet Vanessa told Ryan Seacrest that Georgina Chapman the designer of Marchesa – My new BFF ;) – had redesigned her dress from the runway.

You can see from the runway version, Georgina lengthen the dress to become a mermaid gown, lighten the rosette details, and removed the tulle detail on the shoulder.

Georgina is my Queen, and applaud her work here.

Outstanding.

Source

TV Presenters At The 2009 Oscars

TV Presenters At The 2009 Oscars

2009 Oscars - Worst Dressed

2009 Oscars – Worst Dressed

43 Responses to Runway To The 2009 Oscars – Vanessa Hudgens In Marchesa

1. Haleyyy. February 23, 2009 at 00:47 #

What drama?
    Either way, she looks amazinggg.

2. jazzy February 23, 2009 at 00:56 #

amazinq choice! ur blog is the best! i have 2 come check it every single day!

xoxo

3. freida lover February 23, 2009 at 01:03 #

haha ure new bff did great with this creation!!

lol @ “the drama”

Nicole

4. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 01:25 #

POST SOMETHING NEW! *EXCITED*

5. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 01:26 #

watching E. Will start soon

6. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 01:29 #

her dress is so gorgeous ! <3

7. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 01:30 #

Me= Excited for you to get started (:
    I’ve been checking every like, 5 seconds!!!

8. robbie February 23, 2009 at 01:45 #

im so glad you posted about baby v, she looks amazing. her dress is simply stunning.

im so glad you decided to post it.

9. freida lover February 23, 2009 at 01:45 #

wow soo much white. cant wait for ure posts..

10. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 01:49 #

i really dont like her version. this wasnt my favorite marchesa dress but vanessa’s modified version is way worse– really bad

11. Vogueite February 23, 2009 at 01:53 #

it’s rather unflattering to be honest, makes her torso look distorted.

12. Jill-Renay February 23, 2009 at 01:56 #

I’m glad you are blogging about her again. Despite the drama, Vanessa does have an emerging style that I love following

13. kaitlyn February 23, 2009 at 01:56 #

love it. glad you blogged about vanessa.

14. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 02:33 #

you don;t have the right to talk abou vanessa anymore. nigger

15. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 02:35 #

God you are so boring. Why don’t you try getting a life.

You have called me a nigger like 50 times already and it has accomplished nothing so just go away.

16. Michelle. February 23, 2009 at 02:55 #

Oh, I am so glad you blogged about her again.

And yes, I do agree, she looks stunning tonight.

17. Paige@Muller February 23, 2009 at 02:56 #

Not a fan of vanessa’s dress at all. maybe on someone taller or with more panache. she just seems too vanilla to carry off such a dramatic dress. plus, she’s drowning in all that fabric.

18. Lynn February 23, 2009 at 03:01 #

FC ignore the racist hater

19. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:24 #

Did you see her on the red carpet. She said herself that she was like a young Audrey Hepburn. IN YOUR DREAMS VANESSA.

20. JASMINE February 23, 2009 at 03:38 #

ok i gotta say dat vanessa hudgens is wearin one of the best modified dresses no matter how yall hate she is still beautiful and she looks like a young catherine zeta- jones

21. robbie February 23, 2009 at 04:23 #

actually the more i look at her the bore i get bored of it, it just looks really plain without all the detail on the front.

22. Ayesha February 23, 2009 at 05:24 #

LOL it’s so funny how these 11 year old girls have nothing better to do than harrass you Fashion Critic. How ridiculously pathetic. Btw..to the anonymous commenter..what century are you living in, in which it’s ok to spit out disgusting racial slurs? Go back to your Vanessa Hudgens fan site. The fashion content of this site is too advanced for you to comprehend. Fashion, like art is SUBJECTIVE. Do you know what that means? Get a life.

23. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 05:30 #

Thanks Ayesha. Would not believe how many times that idiot has written that to me.

All they are doing is increasing my traffic, so I am not hurt by it, just bored of it.

24. SUZY February 23, 2009 at 05:42 #

FC Ignore the immature haters. I actually think this person is not a true Fan of Vanessa’s but is using all the past Drama as an excuse to spew hate and drag Vanessa’s name down.
    Anyway Vanessa looks classy and gorgeous. I love the dress.

25. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 08:21 #

wow. Vanessa looks stunning! i love it!!!

26. Cry February 23, 2009 at 08:32 #

This is the dress worn by Miley Cyrus: http://myitthings.com/images/Posts/600/222200965440m(364×543).jpg

27. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 08:34 #

Cry I have all the pictures for the dresses, thank you.

28. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 09:49 #

i love vanessa,s dress she looks beautiful as allways

29. Lauren February 23, 2009 at 16:09 #

Im not sure whether or not I like this. I liked it at first but Im liking it less and less as time goes on. And I much prefer the original version, as I love the detailing on the front.

30. Reem February 23, 2009 at 18:10 #

I can’t believe that out of all the ladies attending the oscars, Vanessa is one of the best-dressed! (from my point of view, that is)
    I love her style, but I’m so dissappointed in the rest I guess :S

Luv, Luv, Luv this modified Marchesa ! WAAY better then the runway version!

31. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 19:10 #

Hey, question- why haven’t you put Vanessa on any of the best-dressed lists? I want to vote for her. ;)

32. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 19:14 #

The last time I did I was called a n*gger and a slave. I was told I was going to be lynched by a Vanessa fan who did not like the result.

I said then that I would not write about her again. I only did on this occasion because of the dress and because it was the Oscars.

I will not write about her again, because that same fan called me a n*gger 40 times when I was working on my site last night.

So that is the reason why.

33. Ben February 23, 2009 at 20:07 #

Fashion Critic, I nearly always love your choices, but on this I have to disagree. I must admit to being unsure on mermaid hems in general, but Vanessa’s is one of the least captivating examples I’ve seen, discounting Beyonce’s hot mess. Waist up it’s nice, but that bottom section…It just feels sort of unsatisfying, unnecessary, even a bit half-assed, maybe, if you’ll pardon the expression? Not one of Vanessa’s, or Marchesa’s finest, in my humble opinion – don’t get me started on the hem on the runway version..
    Fantastic coverage FC of the event, thank you!

34. Dana February 23, 2009 at 21:34 #

FC, my heart goes out to you. You do not deserve any of this. As a loyal reader and fan, I support you! Though my opinions mya differ from yours sometimes on fashion, I have the utmost respect for you and your blog. Continue to ignore those ridiculous people.

xo!
    Dana

35. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 23:20 #

FC – hang in there, girl! I can't believe some hater jerk would come here to post racist slurs — what is wrong with people?!? They need to take their racist bullshit and LEAVE the planet!!!!!!

Just keep on being the fabulous & beautiful person you are, FC!!

36. jasmine February 24, 2009 at 03:36 #

omg i cant believe some1 called u dat..she probably has no life..doesnt no what shes sayin..its rlly pointless..cuz ur blog is absoloutely AMAZING..

i’d say 2 jus ignore all da haters cuz u r rlly magnificant
    u deserve da best
    xoxo

p.s. vanessa looks rlly nice.

37. Sade February 24, 2009 at 07:41 #

OK!! FC, did Anon just show you their level of education?
    OMG…am not even seething coz it’s so stupid.

Anyhow It is your blog afterall, you are free to write about anyone, why should you censure your opinion for anyone?

I always love to see fashion thru your eyes no matter if I agree. or not…thats why I check often. Forget them…sticks and stones… Love ya gurl!!!

38. Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 07:59 #

vanessa looks gorgeous and the man beside her is like “careful with your dress, don’t want to hurt anyone”

39. Naomi February 25, 2009 at 10:59 #

vanessa’s dress was absolutely flawless with perfect hair and makeup.
    she definately has the best style sense in young hollywood…
    nd FC, i really dont think that beyond rude person making all those comments really is vanessa TRUE fan. i mean a true fan of vanessa’s would not say something like that, esp with Vanessa being from all different races…
    i think u are an amazing style critic, and i hope u do reconsider nt posting Vanessa’s appearances anymore, because i think she has amazing style that shld be recognized…
    and to the heartless person posting rude comments….shame on you..SERIOUSLY

40. Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 11:51 #

she really looks stunning..
    she’s really great..

41. jose February 26, 2009 at 10:56 #

honestly, i dunno y ppl hate her so much. and FC, this is ur blog, and you can post whatever you want.
    you don’t need to hesitate posting vanessa because of some losers posting hateful comments anonymously. You have a lot more supporters than haters who enjoy coming to your blog!

42. whitestroke February 28, 2009 at 12:53 #

I don’t like it. At all. I don’t even know what people like her, Miley Cyrus and the like are even doing at the Oscars.

I’ll take as much liberty to tell you that I don’t like that you featured her all over again after what you’ve been through. I’ve seen you more than once being hurt because of her and I just don’t like the prospect of getting yourself into it one more time, purely out of the goodness of your heart. Because her psycho fans are clearly not going to stop acting the way they do any time soon. Your peace of mind is way more important that what Vanessa wears. She’s not the only celeb out there anyway. (Which is something her crazy fans should also consider.)

43. Fashion Critic February 28, 2009 at 15:44 #

Thanks Whitestroke, and you are so right. For about 4 day after I received so much racial abuse from that crazy Vanessa fan that my mind even more made up that I will never feature again. Not even if she wins a friggin Oscar which she won’t.

Like you said she just aint worth it.