Runway To The 2009 Oscars – Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture

OMG.

I have waited my whole blogging life to say something nice about Jennifer Aniston, and she has finally given me the chance.

I almost fell of my chair when I saw that :

a. She was not wearing black.
b. She looks AMAZING.

I always knew this was coming, and my bitching has finally paid off.

Jennifer looked amazing wearing a strapless Valentino Spring 2009 Couture gown. I actually got goosebumps looking at her.

OK the dress has been modified from the runway, as the chiffon details don’t appear on her dress, but I can’t hate her for that.

Maybe she stepped up her game because Brangelina was in the audience, or maybe she didn’t want to look like her boyfriend John Mayer, who wore a black tux.

Whatever the reason, I applaud it. LOUDLY.

As Etta James would sing….At Last.

Source & Source

Lily Collins In Roland Mouret - Flaunt Magazine and G-Star Raw Pre-Release of 'The Dye' Issue Celebration

Lily Collins In Roland Mouret – Flaunt Magazine and G-Star Raw Pre-Release of ‘The Dye’ Issue Celebration

On Stage At The 2009 Oscars

On Stage At The 2009 Oscars

22 Responses to Runway To The 2009 Oscars – Jennifer Aniston In Valentino Couture

1. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 06:21 #

so she gets your At Last… award :)
    I agree she was amazing it looked effortless and she looked like a total california gal!
    Its really funny how I was thinking this was Elie Saab and all the Elie Saab gowns on the red carpet this time were muted or something!no glam or pizzaz just simple!

2. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 06:23 #

totally :)

3. freida lover February 23, 2009 at 06:25 #

love both versions equally.
    dont like her but gotta give her props for a good choice.

Nicole

4. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 06:28 #

FC, what you think about the hair?
    Looks the same as always for me!

sorry my bad english!

5. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 06:33 #

I did not like the hair. It does always look the same, which is why I focused on the dress.

6. robbie February 23, 2009 at 06:48 #

finally she looks good for once. im glad she ditched the chiffon detail i hated that on the runway dress.

but the hair *yawn* she needs something new, is that still her “rachel” hair from friends? has she ever changed it at all or even dyed it.

7. robbie February 23, 2009 at 06:49 #

forgot to add i was shocked i was expecting angelina to look amazing, and jennifer to look terrible, nice to see it is the other way round.

8. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 07:45 #

She look way better than Jolie
    I love her

9. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 07:59 #

Love her <3 looks way better than AJ

10. Paige@Muller February 23, 2009 at 08:26 #

totally and completely meh. she looks the same as she always does: same hair, no jewelry. nothing special at all. and that heidi braid is SO over. would it have killed her to curl her hair or put it up or something? plus, overall i think the look is a bit too casual for the occasion. it kind of says golden globes to me.

11. ~brattygurl~ February 23, 2009 at 09:17 #

Be still, my heart.
    She looks great!

Okay. Okay. Minus the hair.

But all in all- KUDOS!

12. Emma February 23, 2009 at 09:21 #

Ah, I said last night I hoped she would wear something wow, and she actually did! I think she looks incredible, still her style but with some glamour! Definitely one of my best dressed last night!

Thanks for all the coverage FC- you’re so quick!

13. Ahot February 23, 2009 at 10:40 #

I am still shocked right now!! It is a step in the right direction. Let´s just hope white won´t become her new uniform. :)

14. Ahot February 23, 2009 at 10:45 #

i thing most of them kept it simple because of the f. crisis. good for Jen she was not wearing black like AJ. i would have loved to compare them though.

15. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 11:34 #

love Jennifer Aniston’s Look here,I also kind of liked the braid,it prevented her hair from obscuring her face (to some extent),
    and in reply to Ahot…
    financial crisis schmisis!!! (always wanted to say that…lol)
    what happened at the Golden Globes? they were all decked out
    the Academy Awards have just started to get a bit understated

16. Raquel February 23, 2009 at 14:54 #

I think she looked fantastic. She glowed. The whole golden California gilr look works with this shade and it showed on screen.

I understand what you say about the hair, but I think it was Jennifer being Jennifer, those are her treadmarks. It actually had some detail on top (sort of like a braid) and it was very flattering on stage.

17. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 15:53 #

Angie who..Jennifer looks beyond amazing

18. FelipeA February 23, 2009 at 16:57 #

I love Jennifer, but i really felt your pain with her “black red carpet tour”. This is my favorite dress from the collection, and actually the only dress i really loved from it. I think the dress with the chiffon wouldn’t have worked for her, but as it is, it really reminds me of a Chanel couture dress she wore to the Emmys while still with Brad. By the way, apparently Brad arranged a meeting between the 3 to make things less awkward last night. Good on him. Maybe now the media will get over their track record.

19. tjtaylor February 23, 2009 at 21:04 #

Yeah!! Being a huge Jennifer Anniston fan I was watching the Oscars waiting for the hyped moment. I was so pleased she looked so great. I know everyone gives her such a hard time for the black but in my opinion she embodies classic California style. She is not someone who wants to spend a lot of time making daring fashion choices for the sake of being current or trendy. Being a Cali girl myself I just love her. Obviously Angelina is beautiful but I have a hard time cheering for someone who is such a “Jolene” Go team Aniston!!

20. Sade February 24, 2009 at 05:27 #

40 looks good on you Jen, I love it!!! black or not, always love it.

21. Leo February 24, 2009 at 18:43 #

Ok, it’s not black, but it’s still plain and boring. And the hair is such a mess. She’ll never get it right in my opinion.

22. whitestroke February 28, 2009 at 17:36 #

Not black, but still very boring. I find even the runway dress boring, let alone the watered down version. That dress falls in the same category in my book as Anne’s Armani gown. I don’t find anything special about them. And her hair was awful, too. Especially the braid, that looked way too casual. The kind of hair you have when you’re going for an afternoon out on the town with your girl friends. If I had a chance to fix her look with only miner tweaks (that would be a challenge!) I’d put her in the original version of the dress, and make her retro waves, instead of that same hairstyle she’s got for the last 10 years. She’s got such a beutiful hair, she should do more with it.

In general, though, Oscars always seem to let me down fashion-wise. I think it’s because they take it WAY too seriously. Even people who have a very quirky, fashion forward style opt for more conservative gowns. That’s why the Golden Globes and lots of other awards are much better for fashion. Even Zac Efron who wears shirt and a tie on a daily basis looked so out of place in a suit with his hair slicked back. LOL Someone needs to shake things up a bit at the Oscars.