Runway To The 2009 Oscar Parties

Rachel Weisz in Narciso Rodriguez Fall 2009

Diane von Furstenberg in Diane von Furstenberg Spring 2009

Carolina Herrera in Carolina Herrera Spring 2009

Source & Source

19 thoughts on “Runway To The 2009 Oscar Parties

1. Flora

You’re absolutely spot on about Madonna – every time she goes to a red carpet event she seems to feel the need to wear something so sheer it shows practically everything. Yes, Madge, we all know you have great pins for a 50-year old, but you don’t have to get them out every time, you know. And stop showing off your abs as well! That pose with both hands on her hips that she does just makes her look like one of those scary female bodybuilders.

2. Flora

Sorry, me again: Is Jessica Alba’s Roland Mouret dress the same one Rachel Weisz wore a few months ago? I think Jess has done something slightly different with the origami neckline but apart from that it looks the same.

3. Flora

Whoops, don’t know what happened there, my post got eaten, so sorry if this posts twice.

Basically, to sum up my previous attempt: Is Jessica Alba’s Mouret dress the same one Rachel Weisz wore to a premiere a few months back? I think Jessica has folded the neckline slightly differently but apart from that it looks the same.

4. Moi

I really like the way Gorgina Chapman modified the dress. Most of the time though, I feel the celebrity doesn’t really dojustice to the dress. Especially in the case of Gwen Stefani/Zhang Ziyi. It doesn’t even look couture on Gwen :( .

5. Lana

Victoria Beckham is rapidly reminding me of Georgina Chapman, no one (not even the models) wear her designs as well as her. It shows how much like Victoria said in a recent interview, that her client is her. She just suits all of her designs beautifully, and does the gown more justice than the model xo

6. Ladybrille.com

I agree on the Victoria Beckham comment Lana but felt she played too safe although great gown. I’d love to have seen some colors on her.

Debra Messing I am feeling.

Cheers,
    Uduak

7. Lisa

Wow i love Jessica Biel’s fuschia dress with the gold belt! I so wish she had worn it to the Oscar ceremony! I also wish that more star power had attended and walked the Oscar red carpet: Kate Beckinsale, Madonna, Rachel Weisz, etc.

8. robbie

georgina is perfection, there has only been on time i havent liked what she has worn.

marion really looks amazing, such a pretty dress and gorgeous shoes.

i really wish madonna would dress her age, we get it she has a great for a 50 year old woman, but showing it off just makes her look cheap and trashy.

talknig about cheap and trashy, sharon stone just looks a mess, the dress is stunning on the model but on her it is ugly.

like georgina, diane and carolina look amazing in their designs alot better than the models.

9. gmmcmanus

I think Jessica Biel looks like a big Quality Street chocolate. I was very dissapointed with most of these dresses but loved cat Deeley, Sharon Stone, Kate Bosworth and VB.
    What was Rachel Weisz thinking! She cut herself into 3 sections with the top, skirt and those clumpy looking shoes. I usually love those shoes with the right outfit but they were awful as an ensemble.

10. redframe

Why is the beautiful Kate Beckinsale playing it soooo safe lately? Fit & flare, fite & flare, hair up & smokey eyes blah blah blah. Jessica Biehl is just blah beginning to end. What a waste, she has such a lovely face & body. Love Deb Messing's dress, VB looks surprisingly fantastic & Kate Bosworth's dress is perfection!

11. Anonymous

I love the shoes Elizabeth Banks chose to compliment her Roberto Cavalli gown. Really perfect.

And,one more thing don’t laugh, but I thought Rachel Weiss was Scarlet Johansson!

12. Paris

is Sharon Stone aware that her cha chas are smiling at us??
    That is a HUGE fashion blunder on her part. Especially taking into consideration the event she’s at.

Nonetheless, Fab look overall with the exception of a few

13. carrie @ bloomacious.com

in regards to Claire Danes – I was at that Zac Posen show where that photo was taken and that model was *thin* so if Claire is making the model look voluptuous, it may be time to eat a cookie!