Michelle Obama In Peter Soronen

If like me you are feeling very let down by the Oscars, this should put a smile on your face.

The First Lady Michelle Obama joined her husband, President Barack Obama for their first black-tie dinner at the White House on Sunday in Washington.

The dinner was hosted for the National Governors Association.

Michelle looked outstanding wearing as crystal embellished charcoal strapless Peter Soronen Fall 2008 gown, with a multiple strand pearl necklace.

Peter Soronen is also a favourite of Jennifer Hudson.

Source

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando - 'Legends Of Oz: Dorothy's Return' LA Premiere

Lea Michele In Juan Carlos Obando – ‘Legends Of Oz: Dorothy’s Return’ LA Premiere

Who Wore Maison Martin Margiela Better? Kerry Washington or Kim Kardashian

Who Wore Maison Martin Margiela Better? Kerry Washington or Kim Kardashian

27 Responses to Michelle Obama In Peter Soronen

1. robbie February 23, 2009 at 23:42 #

stunning. postively stunning. the colour looks amazing on her.

im in love with michelle right now.

2. Terry February 23, 2009 at 23:42 #

Sarah Jessica Parker ofter wore Peter Soronen’s dresses some years ago.

3. Sabina February 23, 2009 at 23:53 #

Wow, she looks gorgeous! Love the dress, the hairstyle, and the curves! :)

4. Ladybrille.com February 24, 2009 at 00:13 #

I agree she looked fab. Dissapointed with Taraji’s choice for the Oscars.

Uduak

5. Susana February 24, 2009 at 00:18 #

FC, can you please stop giving the annoymous commenters power. It’s starting to make you look classless and if not just as bad as them, for exposing it all to all of us. Your being a bit clueless to the fact that your falling for their games.

Michelle looks amazing by the way.

6. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 00:20 #

Susanna, you’re right and it stops now.

7. Hoardmeister February 24, 2009 at 00:56 #

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I’m busy compiling my personal list of Worst Dressed for the Oscars–it tends to go along different standards than most people’s.

8. Nikki February 24, 2009 at 01:12 #

I LOVE IT!
    she finally did something different to her hair (which has always bothered me). gorgeous!!!

9. Nicole February 24, 2009 at 01:59 #

Wow wow stunning…

10. The Duchess February 24, 2009 at 02:13 #

Absolutely stunning!!!!!

11. Elle Woods February 24, 2009 at 02:23 #

This is divine!! Her make up is flawless and the dress fits right.

12. drinkupthefashion February 24, 2009 at 04:17 #

michelle looks so perfect. she HAS to be in the running for best dressed of the week. her skin looks so perfect here. like milk chocolate. and the pearls are the perfect touch. that dress is slinky, sexy, yet still sophisticated. and her hair looks so pretty too. <333333333 can you have a girl crush on the first lady? hahaha

13. freida lover February 24, 2009 at 05:49 #

ps:FC i know u must be all burnt out from the oscars but i just saw this pic of Freida at an afterparty for the movie.

Can u id it? love the bodice and the colour on her.

Nicole

14. Danika February 24, 2009 at 05:53 #

Beautiful dress! btw thanks FC for all your hard work over the past few weeks with fashion and award show posting we all appreciate it :)

15. StylistGuru February 24, 2009 at 06:04 #

WOW. Stunning. The multi pearl strands were the right touches for that dress. It fit her very well.

16. Ahot February 24, 2009 at 10:42 #

truly amazing. here she comes, a modern sexy first lady. love it. and this necklace!

17. Shubby Doo February 24, 2009 at 13:33 #

she looks amazing…love the hair, the pearls and the dress…what makes it perfect is the way barack is looking at her…just fab

18. fashionist February 24, 2009 at 13:40 #

I think she looks nice but strapless dresses always make her look too hippy. She needs a little more fabric up top to balance her out.

19. Hoardmeister February 24, 2009 at 15:38 #

I must respectfully disagree, fashionist. A beautiful woman should show her curves, not “compensate” for them, unless she truly is bottom heavy. One certainly cannot say that about the beauteous Ms. Obama!

20. Liquorice Clothing February 24, 2009 at 17:36 #

I agree that women should celebrate their curves and show them off but this dress makes her look like she has no bust and so makes her hips look big.

21. DM February 24, 2009 at 17:36 #

Once again – not impressed. Very bland. Why is everyone fawning over this look (and most all of her looks in general) when it’s actually quite boring. The accessories are way too much and are overpowering the dress – no necklace and a large bracelet would have worked better. Also, the dress is not a good fit as you can clearly see the upper portion is to constricting.

22. Fashion Critic February 24, 2009 at 17:48 #

DM, I disagree, the necklace makes the dress imo.

23. Leo February 24, 2009 at 18:25 #

She looks great on it, I love the necklace but her hips look huge with this dress.

24. Anonymous February 24, 2009 at 18:40 #

I am not crazy about her or her politics, and her husband was not my first pick for president, however, I have to say, vavavavavVOOM. She looks fantastic! I mean WOW! And hubby looks pleased as punch and proud as well he should be. Love the necklace with this, too.

25. Paris February 24, 2009 at 21:19 #

i love love love love love love love love your blog. I cannot emphasize that enough. Keep up the good work.

God bless

26. Paris February 24, 2009 at 21:21 #

By the way Michelle looks breathtaking. I think this is the best i’ve ever seen her look. Those pearls do nothing but justice to that dress. A+++++++++

27. Rock*Star February 24, 2009 at 22:07 #

I think she looks **STUNNING**

I ♥♥♥♥ the necklace. I think it looks GREAT.

Am so in love with Michelle Obama right now ! :)