23.02.09 Worst Dressed

2009 Oscars – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed
I am so glad Jessica Biel made this so easy for me.

The white Prada duchesse satin gown, is so incredibly plain and boring – just like Biel.

That draped material didn’t work for me. In some pictures it ballooned out, and just looked ridiculous.

The complete the disaster, Jessica forgot to wash out the mounds of grease in her hair.

Most Predictable Award
No bling, but we get yet ANOTHER mermaid gown from Beyonce Knowles.

Yes it flatters her shape, but could she please play another record.

To be honest I liked this gown for about 10secs, before the camera panned gown. The hem is horrendous.

UPDATE:
You will/should not be surprised that his monstrosity is House of Dereon Couture. Only Tina Knowles could create this hot mess.

Wash Out Award
As much as I love this Elie Saab Spring 2009 Couture gown, the colour is so wrong for the beautifully pale Evan Rachel Wood.

The nude colour totally drains her, and washes her out. I would have loved to have seen her in a striking colour.

Her jewels are by Neil Lane.

Worst Red Award
I love Amy Adams, and I tried to love her Carolina Herrera red strapless gown, but I couldn’t.

Firstly I really dislike the black piping on the bodice, and I really dislike her green, blue and cherry red Fred Leighton necklace with the gown.

I’m 16, Going On 30 Award
Seriously this is TOO much dress for Miley Cyrus.

When will her stylist and her mother get a look right for this girl? Why do they insist on aging her so dramatically.

The Zuhair Murad Spring 2009 Couture gown itself is gorgeous. I love tiered scallop skirt, and embellished belt, but it’s a gown for a woman, not a child.

Most Boring Award
A lot of you said I was too kind to Kate Winslet by putting her on the Best Dressed List at the BAFTA Awards. Looking back I agree.

I did say I would put her on the Worst Dressed list if she opted for another dark colour, so here she is.

The dark colour is not the only problem, I really don’t like that embroidered mesh part on her grey YSL Atelier one-shouldered gown. It serves no purpose, in fact it ruins the dress for me.

Her look is completed with Chopard jewelry.

I Know You Like It, But I Hate It Award
I am sure a lot of you will hate me for adding Amanda Seyfried and her Valentino Spring 2009 Couture gown on the Worst Dressed list.

This gown was better strapless, as it was presented on the runway. The straps ruin the look for me.

Worst Hair & Make-up Award
I don’t even know the colour of Alicia Keys’ dress, because I am so horrified by the brown wig and shocking make-up.

Why, oh why?

Update: Armani Prive gown. Still so upset about the make-up and hair.

De Ju Vu Award
Don’t you feel like you have seen this Dolce & Gabbana mermaid gown a million times before?

We saw something similar on January Jones and Olga Kurylenko, that by now I am so over this look.

De Ju Vu Mark 2 Award
As much as I am a huge fan of Roland Mouret, this modified gown is not to dissimilar to the red Dior dress with the open neckline, which Heidi Klum wore to the Oscars last year.

What Black Again? Award
Not surprised at all that Angelina Jolie is wearing black. Can you believe this is by Elie Saab?

I am so used to seeing his dresses so colourful and embellished. I have never seen his designs look so plain.

She tried to punch it up a little with green Lorraine Schwartz earrings, but that’s not nearly enough.

CLICK here
for the Best Dressed.

Source

Runway To The 2009 Oscars - Vanessa Hudgens In Marchesa

Runway To The 2009 Oscars – Vanessa Hudgens In Marchesa

2009 Oscars - Best Dressed

2009 Oscars – Best Dressed

54 Responses to 2009 Oscars – Worst Dressed

1. Moody Crab February 23, 2009 at 03:01 #

I totally disagree with you on Kate Winslet. Yes it’s black but the dress is BEAUTIFUL!! The hair, the make up and everything else is on point.

She rocked that red carpet.

2. MatteaAM February 23, 2009 at 03:03 #

ugh…i really have to go to bed now, but between ur blog and show on tv, its sooo hard too…
    ill regret it in the morning…
    cant wait for the posts…
    am still bit disappointed bout angie’s balck…-.-”
    oh, btw, some ppl are really stupid!!
    dont worry…blog!!^^
    xD

3. Atelier February 23, 2009 at 03:04 #

omg alicia keys looks hideous,,,she and “boring biel” both share the worst hair for me.

4. Payal February 23, 2009 at 03:05 #

That wig! How could Alicia? How could anyone let her out when it looked so fake!

5. MatteaAM February 23, 2009 at 03:05 #

oh, and cant wait to see where are you gonna put miley!!
    xD

6. Paige@Muller February 23, 2009 at 03:10 #

Ha! I said the same thing! The dress is lovely but man, I could hardly focus on it with her tranny hair and makeup. Though to be fair, I guess, a tranny wouldn’t have left the house looking like this . . .

7. MatteaAM February 23, 2009 at 03:11 #

ill regret it in the morning…
    cant wait for the posts…
    am still bit disappointed bout angie’s balck…-.-”
    oh, btw, some ppl are really stupid!!
    dont worry…blog!!
    xD

8. Paige@Muller February 23, 2009 at 03:13 #

and did you see jessica’s shoes???!!!! black pumps!!!! there is no shoe that could have saved her look but those just totally and completely killed it. she used to be able to dress herself. what happened? she got JT and quit trying?! *weeps*

9. Crazy/Beautiful February 23, 2009 at 03:13 #

I actually quite liked the YSL gown on Kate.:) and Loved what she did with her hair.

Alicia Keys looks grossly hideous!
    Can’t decide which is a more ghastly sight… Alicia’s look here or Miley Cyrus’ mouth area????

10. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:14 #

Kate has talented, thats what matter!

11. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:16 #

Fashion critic I cant tell you how long Ive been waiting for this..you are an fashion oracle. Firstly may I thank you by giving me the longest laugh Ive had in quite some time by saying this “so incredibly plain and boring – just like Biel”. Oh gosh, I could not agree more. I agree with all you have to say here apart from Melissa George who I think looks quite stunning. Enjoy the biggest fashion evening of the year.

12. Shannae February 23, 2009 at 03:19 #

What was Alicia thinking!!!

She looked horrifying on the red carpet… It looked like she was wearing a helmet!

The most unfortunate thing about it was that her dress was actually very stunning…

• someone February 8, 2012 at 21:59 #

i love the dress too

13. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:19 #

Its almost as if Jessica Beil goes out of her way to make herself look like a disaster.

And you are right Miley is too young for that sought of dress. Look at her cleavage.

14. Atelier February 23, 2009 at 03:20 #

Helen Mirren would have looked amazing in miley`s Dress…

15. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:21 #

i kinda wish Penelope Cruz wore the dress Miley wore (although I did like what she did wear). I dont really have a problem with how age appropriate it is, I just wish someone more important wore it because its so dramatic.

16. Cecily February 23, 2009 at 03:23 #

that dress on jessica is so unflattering. Especially from the side…

17. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:32 #

I actually quite like Amy’s dress!

18. Moi February 23, 2009 at 03:32 #

You’re right, most of those dresses are so boring. Why is Miley Cirus at the Oscar?

19. Paulo February 23, 2009 at 03:34 #

What was Jessica Biel doing there to begin with?! But yes, I completely agree, she sucks the life out of everything.

Miley’s dress should be worn by an adult…totally! She completely ruined the appeal of the dress.

20. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:37 #

i disagree with what you said about miley, she looks young and fresh faced, her dress has such a princess feel to it that it suits such a young person. it is a gorgeous dress and it wouldn’t suit someone older.

21. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:38 #

Beyonce’s dress is so hidious, the gold leaves look really tacky.

22. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:41 #

Eeeeuuww, Cruz’s hair is disgusting. Did she do anything to it at all? *whispers that she can’t wait to see the best-dressed list*

Oh, and add Angie to this list. Her dress was black and incredibly boring.

23. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:42 #

I disagree with you on Kate my friend, the look is odd but is soooo Kate. I love how this woman can remain true to herself in whatever she is wearing.
    This is my first comment ever, but in terms on how much i visit your blog: you’ve created an addiction.
    Keep it coming!
    See u around.
    Vi

24. Haley. February 23, 2009 at 03:44 #

I’m noticing a fishtail gown trend tonight (:
    Vanessa’s being the greatest of course! Can’t wait to see your Best Dressed’s.

25. Crazy/Beautiful February 23, 2009 at 03:47 #

Jessica looks like she had just wrapped her satin bedsheet around her (as we do) after a raunchy night.
    But instead of heading towards the bathroom, which was her initial intention, she stumbled on the redcarpet @ the Oscars.

FC..I’m sorry but can’t alicia’s close-up photo be taken off? just the close-up one.It just ruins the entire beauty of this page unfortunately.

26. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:49 #

Beyonce’s dress is hideous!!! What happened! her choices have been so much better lately. The gold is awful.

27. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 03:54 #

LOL @ Crazy/Beautiful. You are killing me over here.

28. robbie February 23, 2009 at 04:01 #

okay where to begin.

miley she looks like a f*cked up glinda on drugs (if you have seen the musical wicked you will know what i mean) that pout, i want to smack that pout of her faces.

kate totally disagree with you, i thought she looked amazing.

alecia is scary, that close up looks look like of my friends in drag.

amy looks nice but nothing overly special.

beyonce srashy as always. butt ugly. wow we get it you have curves please wear something new for god sakes.

jessica wow what a major bore.

january boring, this is why im slowly disliking, that dress is just predictable dolce and gabbana *yawn*

angelina, wow she makes elie saab boring. and could her hair get any higher?

29. Danika February 23, 2009 at 04:01 #

I know it is black but still there is no denying that Angelina looks stunning!

30. Silvana* February 23, 2009 at 04:50 #

i cant believe alicia left the house with that horrorific wig on..its horrible!
    and its true, we have seen that D&G dress melissa george wore like a ZILLION times…im over it..
    and ANOTHER potatoe bag for angelina jolie..im over her too.
    I saw amy adams's gown on the telly a few minutes ago, and i thought it was OK, but now that i see it..the whole thing is just a hot mess, the upper side of the dress looks like ligerie and it CLEARLY doenst match the necklace..she should go back to her RM by rolan mouret phase.

31. Vogueite February 23, 2009 at 05:02 #

hahahha i’m really surprised that House of Dereon “Couture” gown didn’t split.

i was kinda waiting for Beyonce to pass out from asphyxiation from that super-tight dress. so typical of her, i REALLY wonder when she will ever learn.

32. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 05:30 #

I totally agree with you on Miley Cyrus. When I first saw that picture I just thought “ugh too much dress for a little girl and she’s way too short to rock something with that much skirt”

33. Raquel February 23, 2009 at 05:56 #

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE Amy’s necklace. It’s stunning. I agree it doesn’t go with the dress, but it’s one of the most pretty things on the red carpter tonight.

Love Angelina’s earrings. Those esmeralds were made for me!!

34. jessica February 23, 2009 at 06:43 #

miley cyrus looked absouletly horrid, why is she famous again?

35. Eli February 23, 2009 at 06:45 #

My best dressed would have to be Halle Berry in that stunning Marchesa dress. I’ve been waiting for someone to wear it ever since I first saw it. She was perfect in it! It’s a shame she didn’t walk the red carpet.

Jennifer Anniston – nice dress, bad hair style

Freida Pinto – Beautiful and unexpected. It was stunning!

Sarah Jessica Parker – She looked like a modern day cinderella….I kinda loved it!

Anne Hathaway – I knew someone would wear this gorgeous Armani Prive gown, and Anne wore it beautifully. The fit was impeccable.

Natalie Portman – Gorgeous! I completely agree with you about the color.

Marissa Tomei – LOVE IT! It is so structured and fashion forward. It’s truly beautiful, and she pulled it of wonderfully. I’m a huge fan of Versace Atelier.

Penelope – Still not up to par, but a really pretty, detailed dress. I’m going to compare it to Reese Witherspoon’s vintage Dior gown the year she won. It didn’t really seem like her style, but it’s definitely an elegant, timeless gown.

Queen Latifah – I liked the red carpet gown… but I loved her performance dress. It was stunning on her. She’s never looked better.

Meryl Streep – Classic and Elegant

Kate Winslet – I have to disagree with you on this one FC. She looked really beautiful and elegant. The back of the dress was very pretty.

Angelina Jolie – She is the most beautiful woman in hollywood. I think she looked gorgeous! I know the dress was extremely simple, but there’s no denying her beauty. Stunning hair and make-up.

Miley – Gorgeous dress, but not for you. This gown is extremely difficult to pull off especially for a 16 year old!

Jessica Biel – By far the worst dressed, you are right on. Really Awful dress. Honestly, I don’t think Prada is a good designer to choose for a red carpet of this caliber. Her hair looked oily and messy. She was just an overall disaster.

Most Improved Award: Tina Fey

36. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 07:04 #

i loved Angelina Jolie. She is just so stunning but what kills me is that she always wear black. The only time she really impressed me was that yellow dress she wore to Cannes.

37. Lydia February 23, 2009 at 07:04 #

Just in general I didn’t even like the dress Miley wore. I thought it looked WAY to much like it had been modeled after a fish once I saw the full picture.

38. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 11:05 #

I agree and disagree with you about Miley Cyrus. The dress was a bit too sparkly too “hey, look at me!” but it was dramatic, different and beautiful. Her make-up and airstyle were youthful and fresh. If she were a bit taller it would have looked better. It has nothing to do with age. She’s not a 10 year-old. She’ll be 17 this year and any 17 year-old girl looks like a woman. So if she was 1 year older it would have looked better?
    And Kate Winslet looked beautiful.

39. Ahot February 23, 2009 at 11:06 #

you take marion cotillard ´s dress of last year, you blow it up, and TADA!! you have Miley!
    and Bey.incredibly ugly. it´s a crime to leave your house looking like… that.
    happy you featured vanessa coz she was amazing. thanks

40. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 13:19 #

WHAT?? Kate Winslet worst dressed??! Are you….???!! And, what, in the end, Queen Latifah looked better then Amy Adams?! And, oh, you liked Leslie Mann’s bling-bling wonder??
    Oh, please…
    Girl, you need some sleep.

41. Lauren February 23, 2009 at 16:16 #

Im shocked Kate Winslet is on the worst dressed list! I think she looks absolutly stunning, and shes gorgeous in it!

And I also disagree with Miley’s dress! She looks so beautfiful, and rather fairy-tale like, though if she was a little taller it would have worked even better.

Amy looks really bad. Alicia… what was she thinking? Actually I dont think she was thinking at all. That hair! That make-up! Shame, cause I really like the dress.

Im upset Angelina decided yet again to wear black. But you gotta admit, the girl looks amazing.

42. Carmen February 23, 2009 at 16:35 #

Angelina Jolie in Elie Saab? Seriously? I heard on TV it was Armani. It couldn’t be Elie Saab, i mean, seriously…

43. Sitting Pretty February 23, 2009 at 17:27 #

I totally agree with you on Miley Cyrus.
    She looks like a artichoke.
    The top of it was alright I suppose but the bottom part, no way.

44. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 18:22 #

WHY is Whoopi not on your worst dressed list? OMG! I thought that leopard thing was the worst thing I’ve ever seen! Well…except for maybe at home for a nightgown. No…I change my mind…it’s so ugly I wouldn’t even SLEEP in it! LOL!

45. Reem February 23, 2009 at 18:25 #

I agree with you on Evan Rachel Wood's dress washing her out!
    I'm so dissappointed no one wore any beautiful dresses from Elie Saab's collection!

Jessica Beil, I agree, as boring as always!

I am sooo very shocked you disliked Amy Adams dress!
    I think she should be the best dressed!! In fact, she was ! She looked the best out of the rest! She's looks amazing! I love the color, the dress, the hair, the makeup, the jewelery, EVERYTHING! She looks very original ! I just love it!

This is the first thing that Miley Cyrus wears that i don't COMPLETELY hate :/
    Her hair and makeup are better then usual!

I think Kate's hair ages her!

Yes LOOL, I do like Amanda's Valentino dress, and i WAS expecting someone to wear it!
    I agree about the straps, but I still like it though :)

I guess the Dolce & Gabbana mermaid gown is a safe choice! It's good on everybody! I particulary loved it on Olga!

I don't like this hairstyle on Heidi Klum! At all! or her dress!
    Love the jewels though!

I can't believe Angie !

46. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 21:11 #

Please Beyonce change stylist!!
    I know Tina is your mother but please…..
    It’s very ugly!!!!!!!!!!
    SHame on you TINA shame on you Bee

47. Dana February 23, 2009 at 21:31 #

What saddens and amazes me is that these stars make millions of dollars. They have stylists, hairstylists, makeup artists, designers at their feet, and this is the best they can do? Not all of the women on this list were terrible, but many were. It breaks my heart that people are given so much and create so little.

What I would love to dream up if I had the opportunities they did!

Does anyone agree with me? :)

48. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 21:45 #

I agree. overall it was a disappointing night

49. Dana February 23, 2009 at 21:47 #

Most definitely.

But thanks for providing all the coverage! You deserve a day of rest for that one! ;]

50. Lesia February 24, 2009 at 02:01 #

you got it wrong on Kate Winslet. She looked regal. The dress was beautiful, the earring perfect. Kate got it on the mark!!

…on the other hand, Nicole Kidman disappointed me. She was washed out. Too, too pale and her hair! It looked like she a bad perm gone wrong and she couldn’t do anything with it. She is hiding her beauty somewhere.

51. Anonymous February 25, 2009 at 11:02 #

I totally disagree with you FC..,
    I know it’s black..,
    but Angelina Jolie looked gorgeous..

The back of the dress is very beautiful and elegant especially when she walks..
    She looks effortlessly beautiful with her facial features and her earrings looked perfect for the dress..

and Miley’s dress wasn’t that bad either..,
    I mean..,
    if you were 16 going to oscars, what would you wear..??
    I mean last year she looked a little too old.., but I think this year she looked fresh..
    I mean she’s 16 and to be honest don’t really like her but I just think she looked better.

I just want to give u some of my ideas., why dont you post something like..,
    what dress that you think miley should have worn for the oscars.., like “WHAT SHOULD SHE HAD WORN?” kinda stuff..
    I’m so curious with your choice..,
    and I have to say you got great style FC..

Thank for your amazing blog..

♥Ratna♥

52. whitestroke February 28, 2009 at 13:13 #

It was such a disappointing night. No one wowed me. Absolutely no one.

Jessica Biel – Up for the Worst Dressed of the Year. Did you see the part where she was up on the stage presenting? She couldn’t even WALK in that dress. It was so tragic.
    Beyonce – I’m so uncomfortable just looking at her. Eeek.
    Evan Rachel Wood – Palette of that entire collection is SO wrong for her.
    Amy Adams – Looks even worse on still pictures. Hate that necklace with it, too. The dress was obviously really uncomfortable to sit in. She spent the whole evening leaning on the side in her seat, to get some air.
    Miley Cyrus – Well, if her mother thinks it’s okay for a 16-year-old to get breast implants (those are SO fake!) then I can see where she’s coming from by letting her wear dresses like those.
    Kate Winslet – This awards season proved us (and not the first time either!) that Kate’s got no style and/or fashion sense AT ALL. Thank God she is a beautiful, talented woman, though. I guess better that than being a talent-less fashionista. Sometimes you can’t get both.
    Amanda Seyfried – What’s to like about THAT? Horrible dress, made even worse with those straps… And look the way she poses in it. WTF?!
    Completely agreed about Alicia, Melissa and Heidi.
    Angelina Jolie – BORING. I have to say, though, that in spite of the boring her green earrings and ring were lovely and she looked beautiful. (Which is more than I can say for Anne Hathaway.)

53. Pichi May 25, 2009 at 10:10 #

If anything, this proves that Beyonce is a good daughter. I mean, the only SANE reason I can think of for her to wear this dress out in public is if she were doing it to show support for her mom’s clothing line.