23.02.09

17th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party

Claire Danes is gorgeous wearing a Zac Posen Spring 2009 nude dress, with cap sleeves and a black lace overlay with an asymmetrical hem.

Natalia Vodianova arrived with her husband wearing a holey wool Calvin Klein Fall 2009 one-sleeved dress which looked like lace, with two tone peep-toes.

I adore this silk blue Ralph Lauren gown that Olivia Wilde is wearing.

She completes her look with a Daniel Swarovski clutch.

Victoria Beckham arrived looking outstanding wearing a black jersey dress, with sequined shoulders from her own Fall 2009 recently presented collection.

What is up with Eva Longoria and dark colours lately? Bring back the bubblegum pinks, and baby blues immediately.

Having said that, I LOVE this suit on her. She looks fantastic, and this is the best her hair has looked in a long while.

OMG…this is exactly the dress I picked from the Georges Chakra Spring 2009 Couture collection for Carrie Underwood. I knew she would love this, as it’s just her style.

The silver one shoulder dress has strands of Swarovski crystal and pearls which is just exquisite.

She completes her look with a matching Mary Norton clutch.

Sharon Stone wore a black Christian Dior Pre-Fall 2009 lace gown.

It would be hard to wear a bra or nipple covers with this dress, but Sharon could have at least modified the dress with an extra layer, so we were not exposed to her nipples.

Garcelle Beauvais-Nilon wore a stunning gown by up and coming designer Rafael Cennamo. The beautiful black asymmetrical one shoulder gown, had silver pailettes along the bust and strap.

Outstanding, as always.

Rashida Jones wore a sequined taupe sleeveless 3.1 Phillip Lim Ruffle cocoon dress, with pewter strappy sandals.

Eva La Rue’s strapless figure-hugging dress, is incredibly sexy. I love the nude underlay against her caramel skin.

Gina Gershon is wearing the same body-hugging Roberto Cavalli black gown with jeweled detail on the bust, which she wore Tony Awards back in June last year.

Eve’s wore an azure blue halter gown.

Rachel Griffiths wore a 60s vintage Geoffrey Beene gown from Decades Inc. with Roger Vivier shoes, a Lambertson Truex clutch and Neil Lane jewels.

A great look for the mother-to-be.

What happened to Dita von Teese?

This is two in a row that I dislike. The colour and the right side of the Christian Lacroix Fall 2008 Couture dress I really dislike.

Source

Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta - ACM Awards 2014

Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta – ACM Awards 2014

2009 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

2009 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

19 Responses to 17th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party

1. nicole February 23, 2009 at 06:24 #

STUNNNING.
    haha katie price with that trashy black dress has nothing on Posh

Nicole

2. robbie February 23, 2009 at 06:25 #

wow victoria looks boring! im so sick of seeing black everywhere, god it is nearly summer in a few months time and everyone looks like someone has died.

3. Fashion Critic February 23, 2009 at 06:29 #

Nicole that woman will never appear on my blog.

I know what you mean though :)

4. robbie February 23, 2009 at 06:46 #

i agree with you about dita, this is not looking good.

but the dress she wore before this was nice.

5. freida fan February 23, 2009 at 06:49 #

haha good call. she and fashion just do not go together..

dita in that color looks awful! and the pink shoes do not work imo.

Nicole

6. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 06:49 #

Dita: always 50s hairstyle, red lips and pale skin.
    ¬¬³

7. Eli February 23, 2009 at 06:58 #

I completely agree with you about Dita. She rarely misses the mark, but your right this dress does nothing for her.

Carrie Underwood: Awsome dress! I have no idea why she’s at this event, but thank you for giving us something to talk about. I LOVE this look!

8. Dorothy February 23, 2009 at 07:12 #

The Chakra dress is a work of art. Pearls and crystals done so well.

Posh looks good, as she is wearing the dress well but I think its a not a very flattering choice

Dita… oh my. I dont mind the color combo. Its interesting but the cut of the dress falls terribly on her and makes her look square. Its not accentuating her best assets.

9. robbie February 23, 2009 at 07:53 #

wow this wqhole event is a complete mess.

10. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 08:00 #

Credit where credit is due.. i am one of the Victoria critics where I think she is being overly praised for wearing the same thing and especially for winning the last best dress.. but she does look good in that black dress… I have seen better dresses this week.. BUT i do have to admit she makes what could’ve looked very morticia adams look very classy!

11. Paige@Muller February 23, 2009 at 08:28 #

maybe dita’s dress would be better if the fabric wasn’t so shiny? i like the *idea* of it but something about it needs to change . . .

12. Ace Azri February 23, 2009 at 13:36 #

i got to agree with anonymous 7:00 victoria made the dress work to her lean figure. else anyone else may look like the adams family. du du du du *snaps finger*

13. Raquel February 23, 2009 at 14:47 #

This Ralph Lauren gown is so Carolyn Basset-Kennedy circa 1994. Meh.

I’m not fond on suits on the red carpet, but Eva looks sexy. The other Eva looks stunning and I bet she made a lot of necks turn.

Love Rashida’s dress. Fun and funky, fresh and young. I would love to have this one.

14. Moi February 23, 2009 at 16:44 #

I really like the blue on Eve.

15. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 19:07 #

Carrie Underwood looks awesome!!

LoVe Eva La Rue’s dress, sooo hot!!

Love Eve look also, very lady like. Impressive!

Sharon Stone, what can I say?? She’s one of a kind!!

I love Victoria’s dress. It looks fabulous on her!!

So glad Victoria and Eva are growing their hair out!

Caligirl

16. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 19:14 #

Carrie Underwood looks AMAZING!!!!
    And she has a HUGE heart she donated 5,ooo to the Hiv/Aids foundation.
    Carrie is simply the best

17. Nadia February 23, 2009 at 21:08 #

That LaCroix fall 08 RTW number Dita is wearing looked awful on the runway model .. a rarity in itself. Its too bulky for her.

Carries dress is just divine and perfect for this event.

Sharon can do no wrong usually, but I agree too much showing for her age.

18. Leo February 24, 2009 at 18:40 #

If you take out Claire Danes and Rachel Griffiths this could be call the ‘fugly party’. Sharon Stone’s boobs scare me by the way.

19. whitestroke February 28, 2009 at 18:26 #

Claire Danes – Love it. It means a lot to take a dress from one of the worst collections in recent history and manage to work it so beautifully.
    Natalia Vodianova – Quite a cool, yet elegant look.
    Victoria Beckham – Oh my! In my opinion that looks better than anyone at the actual awards. And she’s wearing BLACK. Go figure! I’m giggling at the possibility of someone wanting to wear that dress at the Oscars and Posh going at her like “No no bb! *I*’m wearing this dress at the after party. Suck it!”
    Sharon Stone – I’m not looking! *covers eyes in shock*