22.02.09

A Diamond Is Forever Pre-Oscar Dinner

Julianne Moore was the host of this event.

She arrived wearing a Lanvin Spring 2009 ensemble consisting of a blue asymmetrical blouse with a puffy sleeve, and a black skirt, which tied at the waist.

Her look was complete with YSL criss-cross strappy sandals.

Angie Harmon wore this edgy Todd Lynn Fall 2008 black halter dress, which had furry details on the shoulder.

I love how fierce she look here. Totally unexpected.

Camilla Belle’s sequined sheath dress is divine.

I love the pop of colour on her lips, and the way the black peplum at the waist kicks back.

I got really excited to see Dita von Teese again, but for what might be the first time ever, she really lets me down with this dress. Talking about aging.

The dress is too boring, too plain and too safe for Dita. I just can’t believe I am typing those words with reference to her.

Sharon Stone wore a black silk chiffon Christian Dior Spring 2009 halter top embellished with gold paillettes.

Her look was complete with black pants, a black blazer and a Lady Dior ‘Cannage’ bag.

Love her or hate her, Kim Kardashian continues to impress. This time she kept her look simple in a black gown, whilst showing off some stunning diamonds.

Who would thought an event hosted by Julianne Moore would have Kim as an attendee?

Debra Messing was one of my red carpet faves for a while, but I feel lost looking at her here.

I don’t know what I love more. Natalia Vodianova’s strappy sandals, or her mint green dress. ♥.

Monique Lhuillier looks stunning in her own self designed ruffled strapless dress.

Helena Christensen is purplicious in her stunning plunging gown.

Lily Collins has been making many red carpet appearances, despite what she actually does still not being entirely clear.

She wore a crushed BCBG Max Azria taupe dres, with gold heels.
Source

Reese Witherspoon In Oscar de la Renta - The Colleagues' 26th Annual Spring Luncheon

Reese Witherspoon In Oscar de la Renta – The Colleagues’ 26th Annual Spring Luncheon

17th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party

17th Annual Elton John AIDS Foundation Oscar Party

16 Responses to A Diamond Is Forever Pre-Oscar Dinner

1. mila February 22, 2009 at 20:25 #

Julianne Moore and Sharon Stone look amazing.They truly are divas.They are beautiful,i really admire them

2. Anonymous February 22, 2009 at 20:46 #

Dita usually looks so perfectly glamorous head to toe. But i am not liking this dress.

I wish Sharon would not have worn the blazer as i love the dior top and i think it looks best when you can see that it is a halterneck top.

I adore Natalia Vodianova and would even go as far as to say she is one of the worlds most stylish women. She always so looks so effortlessly chic and can make any outfit look amazing. love everything.

I like Helena’s gown but her breasts look odd in it.

3. Rock*Star February 22, 2009 at 21:15 #

Natalia Vodianova ♥_♥
    She looks AMAZING. LUV HER LOOK A LOT :*

4. Leslie February 22, 2009 at 21:15 #

Camilla looks so incredible. I love this dress because of the black petal detail on her hips!

5. Flora February 22, 2009 at 22:21 #

Angie Harmon’s dress looks very familiar. For some reason I can picture Halle Berry in it – does it ring any bells with you, FC?

Love Helena. She always mixes up her style and surprises me with her choices. A bra might have helped with this frock, mind you.

Natalia’s another one who you can never predict, except that she will look amazing every time.

Not sure about Camilla Belle’s dress myself. It looks a bit like a mosquito net complete with insects caught in it.

I love Julianne and as far as I’m concerned she can wear whatever she likes as long as she continues to act so well. Have to say though, much like Renee Z, she ought not to show her bony knees in too-short skirts!

Don’t like Kim Kardashian at all (or what she’s wearing!). What is the point of her, except to be a cut-price Paris Hilton? Proof that money can’t buy you style!

6. Anonymous February 22, 2009 at 22:28 #

Dita: always 50s hairstyle, red lips and pale skin.
    ¬¬²

7. Leo February 22, 2009 at 22:34 #

Sharon looks so old, that outift does nothing for her body also. She looks so messy.

I love Juliane Moore here. That’s so chic and perfect for her.

8. Eli February 22, 2009 at 22:38 #

I love Monique and her designs. She looks stunning.

Camilla Belle is definitely my favorite. She never disappoints. I’m in love with her. She’s truly gorgeous. I would marry her tomorrow!!!!

9. kim February 22, 2009 at 22:40 #

omgg i looooove klim kardashiann. she looks amazinggg

very disappointed by dita

10. Fashion Critic February 22, 2009 at 22:44 #

The Halle Berry picture you have is the Calvin Klein dress, which is made of the same material.

Another actress has worn it, but I will save that for Tuesday’s Who Wore It Better Poll ;)

11. Nicole February 22, 2009 at 23:53 #

cant beleive kim k is being so consistent on the red carpet. her style has improved soo much!

12. Anonymous February 23, 2009 at 03:23 #

Dita is always so inspirational .. unfortunately not this time. This is extremely boring and dull. I would have expected more to go with the beautiful Louboutin Cabaret shoes. Dita – its a first for me where I completely hate it. I am guessing she was in a hurry but somehow had time for immaculate hair and makeup.

Camilla is indeed divine here.

Julianne – bah

Debra – get back in the game and dress yourself. Stop relying on stylists.. ehem one I am thinking of in particular. You have shown to have excellent taste and dont need anyone telling you how to dress.

Natalia – scary

13. Reem February 23, 2009 at 18:07 #

Camilla Belle looks absolutely stunning from head to toe!

She outshines the rest!

Best dressed <3

14. whitestroke February 28, 2009 at 12:45 #

I love Julianne’s look. Angie in a re-run? Hm. I think Sharon looks quite chic. I’m not liking Camilla as of late. The hair she’s sporting ages her a lot. Debra looks like she came out of Cyndi Lauper’s Girls Just Want to Have Fun video. Natalia’s dress looks like it could be Rodarte, and I’ve seen those shoes somewhere recently, but I honestly can’t remember where right now. I love her outfit.

15. Alice X March 1, 2009 at 06:28 #

who made natalia’s dress? it’s onthe tip of my tongue but i can’t remember. looks like old rodarte but i’m sure it isn’t.

alicexinwonderland.blogspot.com

16. Jules O'C November 7, 2009 at 11:00 #

HELP FC!
    Your brilliance and incredibly brain are needed!
    WHO MADE CAMILLA’S DRESS?
    LSD wore it on nov 4th and I NEED.TO.KNOW.WHO.MADE.IT.
    Any idea?
    deffo custom-made but argh!
    Is it de la renta? is it chanel? is it Herrera? Marchesa?
    Pls sista, it drives me nutttttttts!