21.02.09

Women In Film’s 2nd Annual Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party

I was going to take a day off today, but there were so many events last night, I have to keep up.

Anne Hathaway arrived wearing a Helmut Lang Spring 2009 pleated tapered smoking wool pants, with a black smoking wool tuxedo jacket.

I do like the suit, but I wish she had broken up the black a bit, even if it was just the heels.

Taraji P. Henson looked sensational wearing a David Meister black satin strapless cocktail dress with an interesting detail on the bodice.

Her look was completed with statement necklace, gorgeous strappy sandals and a pewter oval Mary Norton clutch.

Elizabeth Banks wore a navy blue asymmetrical dress with nude strappy sandals.

Viola Davis wore silver strappy sandals with a violet 3/4 sleeved dress, which had a black leather sash at the waist.

Source

Karolina Kurkova In Preen - Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Karolina Kurkova In Preen – Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Montblanc "Signature for Good" Charity Gala

Montblanc “Signature for Good” Charity Gala

6 Responses to Women In Film’s 2nd Annual Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party

1. robbie February 21, 2009 at 21:39 #

taraji looks stunning, her shoes are jimmy choo by the way. i love her necklace.

anne is boring, i hoe she has STUNNING gown for tomorrow.

elizabeth looks stunning.

viola such a great colour against her skintone.

2. Erika February 21, 2009 at 22:26 #

I LOVE that dress on Elizabeth Banks! Gorgeous!

3. nicole February 22, 2009 at 01:41 #

taraji’s necklace is stunning!! love her dress too.

4. Crazy/Beautiful February 22, 2009 at 12:21 #

Taraji… IMPRESSED IMPRESSED IMPRESSED
    and the necklace is Divine!

5. whitestroke February 22, 2009 at 18:27 #

This didn’t just come out of nowhere. What I’m about to say had a long way coming. This look on Anne finally sealed the deal. I officially give up. The hair, make up, ill-fitting and boring choice of outfit (and shoes!) that it’s not that different from the one she wore at the Bride Wars premiere to begin with, everything is just off. I probably wouldn’t be so disappointed if she didn’t wow us all through the last year. But it all went downhill in 2009. With this outfit it reached the point where I just don’t care anymore.

6. Fashion Critic February 22, 2009 at 18:39 #

whitestroke, I am one step behind you.

If she blows it tonight, I will give up too.