21.02.09

Montblanc “Signature for Good” Charity Gala

Dita von Teese – as we expect – looked spectacular wearing a long draped flesh silk chiffon Christian Lacroix Fall 2008 Couture gown with a pink ombre train, a matching clutch and a copper bow.

The gown has been modified for the better from the runway version.

Lucy Liu is one of my Top 10 Best Dressed actresses on the red carpet. She looks outstanding wearing this white Giambattista Valli Fall 2008 sheath dress, with a woollen cape.

She completed her look with beige Jimmy Choo platform heels, and a taupe clutch.

If this dress looks a little familiar to you, that’s because Victoria Beckham wore something similar by the same designer last year.

I’m so loving seeing Elie Saab on the red carpet so often lately, and I hope we get to see more tomorrow.

Marcia Cross arrived at this event looking sensational wearing a lilac Elie Saab Spring 2009 Couture gown, which sparkled with many embellishments. The gown had cap sleeves and a gorgeous floral detail on the empire waist.

She completed her look with a complementary silver Daniel Swarovski clutch.

Christina Ricci LBD from the Monique Lhuillier Fall 2009 collection had a asymmetrical ruffled detailing, which did not over power her, nor the dress.

Her look was complete with tan Christian Louboutin pumps, and black satin clutch.

Her blunt bangs and red lips just perfect this look for me.

I’m so surprised Emily Blunt picked this dress, because I don’t think it flatters her at all.

My main problem is the pleated bodice and the jeweled detail on the waist.

Eva Longoria always wears bright vivid colours, so this chocolate brown Reem Acra dress is a surprise.

I hope to see a return to bright colours soon.

Like I said last time, Sienna Miller has lost her appeal. Nothing feels fresh or new with her anymore.

Starting with that hairstyle. Haven’t we seen that look a million times before?

I really dislike the colour, and the material of her Ungaro gown also.

Carice Van Houten wore a black and white graphic print Jay Godfrey halter-neck maxi dress.

I’m not quite sure what has happened to Reese Witherspoon.

After her split with Ryan Philippe she wowed us time after time on the red carpet. Lately I always feel so underwhelmed by her choices.

This Dior LBD is cute enough, but she just lacked pizazz.

Lily Collins teal column gown, had a embellished detail on the empire waist, but it failed to impress me.

Source

Women In Film's 2nd Annual Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party

Women In Film’s 2nd Annual Pre-Oscar Cocktail Party

2009 Film Independent Spirit Awards

2009 Film Independent Spirit Awards

20 Responses to Montblanc “Signature for Good” Charity Gala

1. Lindsey February 21, 2009 at 23:07 #

WOW Tops for me-
    1. Lucy Lui ( I love that dress)
    2. Christina Ricci

Sienna is so bad.

2. Anonymous February 21, 2009 at 23:57 #

Dita never change that hair and that red lipstick

boring!

3. Terry February 22, 2009 at 00:02 #

Lucy Liu is awesome!

4. A*mused February 22, 2009 at 02:14 #

Totally wow-ed by Lucy Liu, angelic.

5. Anonymous February 22, 2009 at 02:43 #

For me that is the best I have ever seen Dita. I never really like her looks, but I like what she is wearing today, she looks fabulous!

6. dc88tigger February 22, 2009 at 02:46 #

Marcia is wearing my favorite dress from that collection, but I don’t think she did it enough justice, although she looks nice. Reese needs some makeup. The rest look alright, except for Dita who is the only one who got my attention.

7. Creme de la Mode February 22, 2009 at 03:08 #

I think dc88tigger is right – Reese just needs some makeup. I think that the no-make-up look on her is great, just not with that dress. Other than that I think she looks great.

8. Cecily February 22, 2009 at 03:53 #

I love what Lucy is wearing. :D Love, love love the woolen cape. She’s so cute and perfect.

I love Christina too… is that Monique Lhuillier Fall 2009 she’s wearing. :D

Sienna look is getting really boring.

I love Dita’s Lacroix. :D

9. Fashion Critic February 22, 2009 at 03:59 #

thanks Cecily. Yes you are right. The runway sleeves threw me.

10. robbie February 22, 2009 at 06:21 #

damn damn damhn dita strikes again, looking god damn perfect. the runway version is hideous thank god dita modifed it.

lucy is simply perfect. not sure about the shoes though.

marcia just shines in that dress, `100& perfection.

christina looks quite nice.

emily great colour but the pleated detail isnt nice.

eva, hate it i hate how it makes her boobs look bigger nice colour though.

sienna is a f*cking mess! such a boring person on the red carpet.

carica very nice dress.

reese needs colour she always looks better in colour.

lilypretty dress, a bit boring on her. but this is how a young person should dress to look sophisticated so miley cyrus should take note.

11. robbie February 22, 2009 at 06:25 #

@ anonymous 22:57

that is her trademark that makes dita well dita. without it she would look totally different with the 50s hairstyle, red lips and pale skin.

it suits her and she looks amazing like that.

12. Sarah February 22, 2009 at 07:28 #

Lucy Liu looks amazing in that dress & Im also a big fan of Christina Ricci look. Both outfits very much to my taste and style.

13. Jajababy February 22, 2009 at 08:32 #

Damn that Lucy Liu! Good gracious that is one BAD chick!

14. Nik February 22, 2009 at 10:17 #

Haha…Reese and Ricci traded souls. I still love them both to death!

Poor Reese…she reminds me of a less waco Aniston. Damn those actor ex husbands with no balls.

15. Rimini February 22, 2009 at 10:42 #

Love Lucy Liu dress!!!

16. Fashion Critic February 22, 2009 at 15:12 #

Thanks Robbie. I was going to reply exactly the same re Dita

17. Anonymous February 22, 2009 at 18:27 #

Dita: always 50s hairstyle, red lips and pale skin.
    ¬¬

18. whitestroke February 22, 2009 at 18:59 #

I guess an event has to have a lot of bad dressed people for the few well-dressed ones to stand out. This event had a lot of really good looks, so no one wowed me in particular.
    One of the most beautiful gowns from Elie Saab Spring 2009 Couture, but it looks awful on Marcia. On the other hand, Christina shows that Monique Lhuillier dress in much better light than it was on the runway.

Eeek. That dress on Eva Longoria makes me dream of turtlenecks.

19. Moi February 23, 2009 at 03:41 #

Wow Lucy Liu! All white with the raven black hair. Delicious!

20. ella July 5, 2009 at 13:27 #