20.02.09

Vivienne Tam Fall 2009

Vivienne Tam’s Fall 2009 presentation on Wednesday evening at Tam’s Soho boutique, was presented in the same way as the Marchesa presentation, which I had attended earlier in the day.

Marchesa’s was one hour, whereas Vivienne Tam’s was a two hour presentation. As much as this is a much more enjoyable way to view collections, it’s hell for the poor models, who have to stand in heels for two hours. I could see them slipping out one heel at a time, to ease the pressure.

The colour palette of the collection included rich jewel tones of magenta, crimson and eggplant, other colours include grey, black, teal, green and orange.

The designer presented cocktail dresses, skirts, blouses, coats and skirt suits, with an East meets West theme, which was artfully created with mandarin collars, chiffon cut outs and appliqué pieces.

I loved the colours and the elegant styles.

Model Irina Pantaeva was there wearing the gorgeous Vivienne Tam embroidered dress she had worn earlier in the week.

I took this snap of former America’s Next Top Model winner Whitney Thompson, as she was being interviewed. She came with friends, and happily posed for pictures with anyone who would ask.

Source & Source

Jessica Alba In Skies Are Blue & J Brand - Piperlime Event

Jessica Alba In Skies Are Blue & J Brand – Piperlime Event

Runway To 'Global Green USA' Pre-Oscar Party - Kate Bosworth In Loewe

Runway To ‘Global Green USA’ Pre-Oscar Party – Kate Bosworth In Loewe

7 Responses to Vivienne Tam Fall 2009

1. amy b.s. February 20, 2009 at 17:10 #

question. has anyone who appeared on america’s next top model actually made it in any sense of the word? just wondering since once the season is over, i don’t keep up on their lives (the show is my guilty pleasure though)

2. Fashion Critic February 20, 2009 at 18:08 #

Apart from Eva Pigford, who branched out to TV, I think the answer is not really

3. Anonymous February 20, 2009 at 18:47 #

Yes, amy b.s. – a few of the girls from ANTM have been successful models after the show. Elise Sewell from cycle 1 is a very successful working model in Hong Kong among other places.
    And Dani Evans (cycle 6, I think) is also very successful.
    I highly recommend checking out topmodelgossip.com – they have great updates on the girls and their work post show.

4. robbie February 20, 2009 at 19:01 #

nice collection, but those poor models.

they must get paid quite alot to be willing to stand their for 2 hours. i just dont dee the point surely it would make more sense to just use mannequina, or do the models actually move on the platforms?

that black dress with the detail on the bust is to die for.

5. Anonymous February 21, 2009 at 11:50 #

I can SO see Victoria Beckham in this collection. First thought that came to mind when I saw the dresses!

6. Fashion Critic February 21, 2009 at 23:19 #

Robbie I agree, the black dress was adorable.

7. Nik February 22, 2009 at 10:34 #

What about Toccara Jones? She didn’t win but I have a feeling that she is the only one whose appeared in a Vogue issue…isn’t she?
    I absolutely adore that girl and that spread in Italian Vogue.