20.02.09

More From The Front Row

Rodarte

Kristen Dunst was front row at the Rodarte Fall 2009 show looking fantastic wearing a Rodarte Fall 2008 multi-coloured knit dress.

I always love what the Mulleavy sisters produce, I just wish we would see more of their edgy designs on the red carpet.

Calvin Klein

I seriously did not recognise Kate Beckinsale until I saw the caption under her name.

Looking at her hair, I will guess these are clip on bangs. I hope she ditches them before the Oscars.

I appreciate that Kate has tried to shake up her look a bit in this leather dress, but it just feels a bit false.

Eva Mendes wears head-to-toe black. What more can I say?

Erin Wasson + RVCA

Leighton Meester wore a Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2009 ensemble consisting of a gold sequinned top, and a teal snake print skirt, with navy tights and bronze heels.

Like Kate, Leighton as opted for bangs, and like Kate, I don’t think it quite works.

3.1 Phillip Lim

I expected to see more of Becki Newton at fashion week. She arrived at Phillip Lim’s show wearing a taupe sequinned dress, from the designers Spring 2009 collection.

Badgley Mischka

Kellie Pickler continues to shine in the front row. Her she wears a stunning ombre Badgley Mischka Pre-Fall 2009 dress, with a black sash at the waist.

I have been praising Kellie a lot, but she really should have packed another pair of shoes, she has been wearing those Trib Two’s all week. Even I brought 10 pairs.

Jessica Stroup wore a white strapless Badgley Mischka Spring 2009 collection, with silver slingbacks.

Her dress was presented as a gown, but I equally love this shorten version, as it’s young, fun and suits her personality.

Kim Kardashian wore an black asymmetrical dress, with black Louboutin’s. Another very sophisticated look for Kim.

Anna Sui

Jessica Szhor wore a cute lace dress with black booties.

She as naturally -enviable- thick hair, so I am perplexed about her need for extensions.

Taylor Momsen just tries too hard. What is so wrong with being 15 years old? Why is she trying to act way older than her young years?

I feel like getting a pack of baby wipes, and taking all that eye-liner off her face.

Vladimir Restoin-Roitfeld Party

Supermodels Natalia Vodianova and Gisele Bundchen struck a pose together.

With her long leather gloves Natalia wore a crystal embellished Emporio Armani Spring 2009 blazer.

Gisele was conservative by comparison, wearing an all black ensemble.

Julia Restoin Roitfeld attended her brother’s event wearing a cute navy and gold polka dotted Christian Dior Spring 2009 dress with a Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 purse.

Source

Runway To The 2009 Brit Awards

Runway To The 2009 Brit Awards

Gustavo Cadile Fall 2009

Gustavo Cadile Fall 2009

8 Responses to More From The Front Row

1. wi February 20, 2009 at 03:57 #

i dont think taylor looks bad

2. Dana February 20, 2009 at 16:12 #

ewww are you crazy? taylor looks DISTURBING, ugly, and inappropriate for 15 years old.

i don’t know how she is let out like that. i have a huge problem with her.

also, leighton meester here! usually i love her, but this outfit is just wrong. i’m all for mixing colors and textures, but these things simply do not go!

3. mila February 20, 2009 at 16:15 #

Natalia Vodianova <3

4. Jenna February 20, 2009 at 17:23 #

HATE Kim Kardashian.
    What a fake whore!
    Since when she’s SOPHISTICATED!
    She might wear nice clothes but her look does not reflect who she realy is.She’s far from being a lady. For gods sake she appeared on PLAY BOY !

5. ana February 20, 2009 at 19:16 #

i think taylor swift wore the same badgley mischka dress (in a lighter shade) as kellie pickler some time last year…

6. whitestroke February 22, 2009 at 16:58 #

I like how Kirsten Dunst added black top underneath, yet it didn’t ruin the dress.
    I’ve been thinking of getting bangs these days, I never had them in my life. Kate and Leighton’s bangs are EXACTLY the kind I don’t wanna have. Eeek.
    It seems to me that unfortunately Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2009 doesn’t translate well in real life. I loved that collection, but this is the second celebrity wearing it that doesn’t work well.
    I nominate Jessica Szohr for the Worst Hair of the week. Eeek again.
    I love Taylor’s look. From the neck down.
    Julia’s look is okay because of the blazer. I don’t like that dress.

7. Fashion Critic February 22, 2009 at 18:57 #

LOL, when I was tempted to get bangs last year a lot of celebs put me off also.

Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall I agree does NOT translate off the runway, but hopefully someone like Chloe Sevigny or Christina Ricci can save it.

8. Linda December 19, 2011 at 02:57 #

Kirsten Dunst looks so lovely in this dress! I love the hair and makeup, everything about it. I was just looking back in the archives and came across this and back then I hadn’t started commenting yet. Also back then if I recall correctly I didn’t like it…I guess my taste has evolved. Love, love, love.