Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Becki Newton or Nicola Roberts

To the 2007 Emmy Awards, Becki Newton wore this J. Mendel strapless tulle mermaid gown.

I was not crazy about the dress then, but when Nicola Roberts wore it last night to the 2009 Brit Awards, I instantly feel in love.

Maybe it was the sparkling tulle hem, the way she stood out, or her beautiful hair and make-up, but Nicola easily wins this for me.

Source & Source

Runway To 'Reveal's 5th Birthday Party' - Carol Vorderman In Victoria Beckham Collection

Runway To ‘Reveal’s 5th Birthday Party’ – Carol Vorderman In Victoria Beckham Collection

Who Wore Karen Zambos Vintage Couture? Katharine McPhee or Garcelle Beauvais

Who Wore Karen Zambos Vintage Couture? Katharine McPhee or Garcelle Beauvais

11 Responses to Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Becki Newton or Nicola Roberts

1. Cecily February 19, 2009 at 09:33 #

I love it on Nicola. I like the hair.

Maybe it’s the lighting – but I feel that the scallop detail is less pronounced on nicola’s dress. I like the additional detail to the tulle hem. :D

2. Ace Azri February 19, 2009 at 09:36 #

i like nicola skin against the clothes. it has this very angelic feel to it.

3. boogie February 19, 2009 at 11:23 #

I cannot belive that this is the same dress!! looks so good on nicola!!

4. Flora February 19, 2009 at 13:25 #

You ARE joking, aren’t you? Nicola’s put her eye make-up on with a trowel just like she usually does, and as a consequence, looks like a drag queen. She really needs to tone it down. The dress looked a hundred times better on Becki, who knows how to pose properly, and smile without grimacing.

Nicola’s hair looks rather draggy too. Actually, why am I reminded of Danny La Rue or Dame Edna Everage? Hmm…

5. Matt February 19, 2009 at 14:12 #

I vote Becki..

6. OnCloud9 February 19, 2009 at 15:45 #

i definitely prefer it on becky…the dress colour and texture washes out against nicola’s skin tone…and i really dont like her makeup
    becki newton looks beautiful

7. Moi February 19, 2009 at 17:27 #

I feel like you FC, because her skin toneand hair color matches perfectly with the dress

8. Parvati February 20, 2009 at 00:39 #

Becki Newton, all the way.

She has much better posture and does this dress justice. I actually dislike Nicola’s hair and make-up. Maybe it’s just me, but I think they make her look much older than she is.

9. misstuesday February 20, 2009 at 01:03 #

I’m sorry but I’m definitely with the last couple of comments, I think she looks awful in it. I think, in fact, that all of them look pretty bed.

But her skin looks like a corpse’s against the colour of the dress, it’s quite scary. She needs something a bit more vibrant.

I like her hair though.

10. Anonymous February 20, 2009 at 02:24 #

Nicola.. Her skin tone’s so beautiful.. She makes the dress look more classy and elegant. her hair is just.. gorgeous.
    x

11. Erica February 18, 2010 at 13:57 #

Does anybody know where I could buy a dress like this?