Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Becki Newton or Nicola Roberts

To the 2007 Emmy Awards, Becki Newton wore this J. Mendel strapless tulle mermaid gown.

I was not crazy about the dress then, but when Nicola Roberts wore it last night to the 2009 Brit Awards, I instantly feel in love.

Maybe it was the sparkling tulle hem, the way she stood out, or her beautiful hair and make-up, but Nicola easily wins this for me.

Source & Source

2009 Brit Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Brit Awards – Best Dressed

Runway To The Brit Awards - Kylie Minogue

Runway To The Brit Awards – Kylie Minogue

11 Responses to Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Becki Newton or Nicola Roberts

1. Cecily February 19, 2009 at 09:33 #

I love it on Nicola. I like the hair.

Maybe it’s the lighting – but I feel that the scallop detail is less pronounced on nicola’s dress. I like the additional detail to the tulle hem. :D

2. Ace Azri February 19, 2009 at 09:36 #

i like nicola skin against the clothes. it has this very angelic feel to it.

3. boogie February 19, 2009 at 11:23 #

I cannot belive that this is the same dress!! looks so good on nicola!!

4. Flora February 19, 2009 at 13:25 #

You ARE joking, aren’t you? Nicola’s put her eye make-up on with a trowel just like she usually does, and as a consequence, looks like a drag queen. She really needs to tone it down. The dress looked a hundred times better on Becki, who knows how to pose properly, and smile without grimacing.

Nicola’s hair looks rather draggy too. Actually, why am I reminded of Danny La Rue or Dame Edna Everage? Hmm…

5. Matt February 19, 2009 at 14:12 #

I vote Becki..

6. OnCloud9 February 19, 2009 at 15:45 #

i definitely prefer it on becky…the dress colour and texture washes out against nicola’s skin tone…and i really dont like her makeup
    becki newton looks beautiful

7. Moi February 19, 2009 at 17:27 #

I feel like you FC, because her skin toneand hair color matches perfectly with the dress

8. Parvati February 20, 2009 at 00:39 #

Becki Newton, all the way.

She has much better posture and does this dress justice. I actually dislike Nicola’s hair and make-up. Maybe it’s just me, but I think they make her look much older than she is.

9. misstuesday February 20, 2009 at 01:03 #

I’m sorry but I’m definitely with the last couple of comments, I think she looks awful in it. I think, in fact, that all of them look pretty bed.

But her skin looks like a corpse’s against the colour of the dress, it’s quite scary. She needs something a bit more vibrant.

I like her hair though.

10. Anonymous February 20, 2009 at 02:24 #

Nicola.. Her skin tone’s so beautiful.. She makes the dress look more classy and elegant. her hair is just.. gorgeous.
    x

11. Erica February 18, 2010 at 13:57 #

Does anybody know where I could buy a dress like this?