19.02.09 Worst Dressed

2009 Brit Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
Colour-blocking is very on trend, but Katie White from the Ting Tings green, plus neon pink and yellow LF Markey Spring 2009 ensemble just hurts my eyes.

Worst Modification Award
Estelle shortened this Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 dress from the runway, and for me in the process ruined it.

The hem looks really awkward and messy.

From the look on her face, she not to happy with this look either.

Worst Hair & Make-Up
Alesha Dixon is such a pretty girl, but her blunt bangs cover up too much of her face. I also did not like her make-up, especially her bubblegum pink lipstick, which matched her heels.

Worst Black Award
Even with that unnecessary added piece of material, Natalie Imbruglia’s strapless black dress is very bland.

Worst Shoes Award
Why wear such a pretty dress, if you are just going to wear a pair of busted shoes?

Alexa Chung’s gorgeous harlequin dress is vintage, but she could have worn some Louboutin’s or Choo’s to match the vibrant nature of her sparkling dress.

Victoria Beckham Matchy Matchy Award
Amanda Holden is wearing waaayyyy to much purple for my liking.

A gold strappy sandal to compliment her embellished halter, would have broken up the matchy matchy look.

Worst Floral Award
Someone should remind Denise Lewis that this is the Brit Awards.

She is not going for afternoon tea with her granny.

Most Disappointing Award
Fearne Cotton is one to rely on during these types of events, but she really lets me down in this blazer and mini skirt combo. Not red carpet ready at all.

CLICK Here for the Best Dressed.

Source

Jennifer Morrison In Elena Reva - SiriusXM Studios

Jennifer Morrison In Elena Reva – SiriusXM Studios

2009 Brit Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Brit Awards – Best Dressed

13 Responses to 2009 Brit Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Kelly February 19, 2009 at 05:58 #

What was Alexa thinking??? That dress is so gorgeous… what a waste.

2. Kaya February 19, 2009 at 06:08 #

Fearne Cotton looked cute in my opinion.

Natalie Imbruglia is gorgeous she just makes such questionable fashion choices.

3. robbie February 19, 2009 at 06:10 #

wow, katie looks pretty bad. from the neck up she reminds me of a young debbie harry, form the neck she looks like she got dressed in the dark.

estelle why oh why? the dress is ruined, it looks cheap now. i HATE those butt ugly bubble sleeves. nice shoes though.

alesha make-up reminds me of ashanti when she CONSTANTLY had that ugly blue eyeline and bubblegum pink lipstick.

alexa by god, a young beautiful girl like her wearing granny shoes, my gran and her friends wear shoes like that, actually theirs are actually nicer looking than hers. UGLY!

amanda, nice clutch.

the rest are a mess. shocked that duffy isnt on this list.

4. The Mariah Carey Fashion Style February 19, 2009 at 06:20 #

Am I the only person that doesn’t wanna see YSL Tribute Heels on the red carpet anymore?! I’m so over them!
    and I’m very disappointed with Estelle… She’s got an edgy sense of style, but that outfit was totally off the wall!

5. Anonymous February 19, 2009 at 06:39 #

To Mariah Carey Fashion Style: No you are not the only one who doesn’t want to see those ugly YSL heels, I never liked them to begin with, they are horribly ugly! They are too plain for my liking.

6. Fashion Critic February 19, 2009 at 06:42 #

Me 3.

Can’t wait for them to go into go away. Sadly they re-issued them for Spring 09, which is why we are seeing more now than ever.

7. Anonymous February 19, 2009 at 09:24 #

i loved the Natalie Imbruglia dress. i thought she looked fresh and very trendy.

8. Ling February 19, 2009 at 14:38 #

I agree that Estelle's D&G outfit would have looked much better longer, but then I guess it would have look a little too sophisticated "ladies who lunch" style whereas she seems a little edgier. I really like Fearne's hair and shoes, not liking the outfit that much though – too plain for such a big event!

9. Ling February 19, 2009 at 14:39 #

PS: sorry if I've posted this comment twice, my internet froze and I'm not sure if it went through the first time.

10. Moi February 19, 2009 at 17:37 #

I agree with your choice. Sometimes you’re like, what were they thinking? It is really disappointing.

11. whitestroke February 19, 2009 at 18:08 #

Katie White’s dress is by LF Markey from Fashion Fringe Spring 2009. I wish she zipped it all the way up, like on the runway. I don’t see the point of another yellow top peeking from underneath when you’ve got a dress that already has 3 bold colors going on.

What has Estelle done to that dress?! *shudders*

I watched something about modeling on CNN this morning. The reporter was talking about models falling on the runway, she was interviewing Heidi Klum and some other models. Anyway… one of the models was showing her catwalk techniques, the camera zooms in on the reporter’s feet and she’s wearing – yes, you guessed it right! – those same YSL heels. I literally went like ARE YOU KIDDING ME? at the screen.

12. Fashion Critic February 19, 2009 at 18:51 #

thanks whitestroke.

I agree. Looks better on the model.

13. ~*juDee*~ February 19, 2009 at 20:28 #

lolol “afternoon tea with her granny” :-D
    omg, i am not impressed with estelles choice….. i think maybe she tried a bit toooo much 2 be cutting edge, and flopped in the process….
    dear, oh dear *shakes head in disappointment* , alexa chung, beat up shoes. end.