19.02.09 Best Dressed

2009 Brit Awards – Best Dressed

Best Dressed Award
This J. Mendel strapless tulle mermaid gown may have been OTT for some of you, but I loved Nicola Roberts in this dress.

For the first time she really stands out from the group. She is glowing, and I particularly love her hair and make-up.

Becki Newton has also worn this dress.

Best Group Award
Girls Aloud as a group looked fantastic last night.

From left to right, Nadine Coyle wore a peachy strapless William Tempest dress with matching Giuseppe Zanotti peep-toes.

Kimberly Walsh opted for a white plunging Roberto Cavalli Spring 2009 gown, with cut-outs and embellished trims.

Sarah Harding opted for a sexy Vivienne Westwood peachy taffeta dress, with a very revealing split up the side and satin champagne Christian Louboutin pointy heels. Her hair was style waves.

I will say that Cheryl Cole on the far right, did disappoint me slightly, as the top part of her Georges Chakra dress does not work for me.

Best Black Award
Kylie Minogue looked radiant in a black sequinned floor-length strapless Dolce & Gabbana gown, which had an embellished bow detailed sash.

Best Embellishments Award
Taylor Swift loves to sparkle on the red carpet. She took a break from wearing an embellished dress at the Grammy’s, but she reverted back to her red carpet favourite last night, wearing a silver strapless stone sequin mini Kaufman Franco dress.

Best Use Of Colour Award
I’m in love with electric blue this season, so Alexandra Burke had to make my Best Dressed List wearing a Emilio de la Moreno round neck fitted dress, which she wears with black sgtrappy Christian Louboutin buckle sandals.

Most Daring Award
The singer know as Little Boots, embraced the spirit of this rock n’ roll event by wearing an geometric Alexander McQueen Spring 2009 dress, with YSL grey patent heels.

Most Improved Award
OK it’s still black, but Duffy look considerably better from her Grammy disasters.

Her LBD from Paule Ka’s Spring 2009 collection, I thought looked quite stylish, and her nude and black trim peep-toes complimented her dress very well.

Kinda Like It Award
I was ready to instantly dislike Pixie Geldof’s look before I even saw it, but I actually kinda like it.

Best On Trend Shoe Award
Katherine Jenkins is wearing what is fast becoming the celebrity shoe of choice, the neon pink Alexander McQueen Heart peep-toe pumps.

I personally find this refreshing from the YSL Trib Two’s, which I’m quite frankly tired of seeing on the red carpet.

The singer wore a Azzedine Alaia figure-hugging LWD.

Most Charitable Award
Katy Perry’s bustier was designed by The Blonds to raise money for The Educational Foundation for the Fashion Industries. You can already bid for this Hello Kitty bustier with pink and silver chains, and black beads on Ebay.

Her gladiator heels and leggings are not for sale.

CLICK Here for the Worst Dressed.

Source

Diana Vickers In Tata Naka - 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Diana Vickers In Tata Naka – 2011 Glamour Women of the Year Awards

Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Becki Newton or Nicola Roberts

Who Wore J. Mendel Better? Becki Newton or Nicola Roberts

12 Responses to 2009 Brit Awards – Best Dressed

1. robbie February 19, 2009 at 06:43 #

nicola is just WOW, she outshines the other 4 girls, cheryls dress is nice though.

YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY its kylie! she just looked amazing. FC will you be featuring the dresses she wore while presenting the show?

taylor looks amazing. i didnt even know she was going to the brits.

alexandra *yawns* zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

little boots (lol) looks great, but the shoes with that dress dont look right.

duffy *falls off chair* i was expecting her to be in worst dressed, but wow she finally managed to make best dressed list.

pixie cant stand her, and her outfit is just blahhhhhhhhhh.

katherine just looks adorable, and those shoes are to die for.

katy looks pretty funky, but i wish she did something for funkier with her hair. its been the same for most of the events she has attended lately.

2. Fashion Critic February 19, 2009 at 06:45 #

Come on Robbie. You know me better than that ;)

Yep. Working on it now.

3. ivette February 19, 2009 at 06:51 #

im so happy for girls aloud they finally won a brit and they all looked amazing!!

but i have to agree nicola looks the best she really does stand out and shes my least fav so you know she does a good job when im praising her lol

4. Anonymous February 19, 2009 at 06:54 #

Taylor Swift really needs to find something else that works with her, because the metallics are getting old. Sure she looks alright, but there’s a limit.

5. robbie February 19, 2009 at 06:59 #

oooh i cant wait to see all kylies gorgeous dresses soon :D

6. robbie February 19, 2009 at 07:20 #

okay i just noticed and have to comment, how freaky is it that duffy and pixie both look the exact same facially. looking at those 2 close up pictures they look the same, but duffy having nicer hair.

7. Lady Of Style February 19, 2009 at 11:35 #

Style.com reports that Duffy’s dress is by Moschino.

Kylie was the best dressed by far! The various outfits she wore during the show were incredible as well.

8. Ling February 19, 2009 at 14:35 #

I’d say Sarah and Nicola were the best dressed out of the Girls Aloud ladies – Cheryl’s outfit is a little disappointing but maybe she wanted to let the others shine? I’m surprised Taylor Swift went, I didn’t realise she was that famous in Britain! Katy Perry’s outfit looks similar to the MAC Hello Kitty collection … seems a bit of a step down compared to her pink frothy Grammy dress though!

9. whitestroke February 19, 2009 at 18:19 #

I, for one, am glad to see Nicola shine. I’m not listening to Girls Aloud or anything, but when I see their videos on TV her unique features always stand out to me more than the other 4 girls. So you could say she’s my favorite.

10. eder February 19, 2009 at 19:06 #

I love Nicola´s dress!!! She was stunning,
    Girls Aloud were all fantastic, and the preformance was really good
    I don´t like Katy Perry´s look
    Kylie was beautiful as always
    I am starting to get tired of Taylor Swift she always wears sparkle dresses

11. Candi Blu February 25, 2009 at 15:36 #

Does anyone know who Cheryl’s shoes and bag are by? They are perfect for a dress I have, and I can’t find the designer named anywhere!

12. Ksenia February 14, 2010 at 23:04 #

~This is a very well dressed event. I am so proud except for Katy. I love that she was dressing for charity, but she could have done it in a less tacky way.
    ~Pixie’s look works for her so we have to accept it.
    ~Alexandra Burke is stunning in her blue dress
    ~Nicola Roberts is STUNNING in her lovely J. Mendel gown. Lovely dress from that great collection!