Runway To Y-3 Front Row – Kim Kardashian In Maison Martin Margiela

Is it really possible for someone to go from looking incredibly hoochie in Herve Leger, to wearing gorgeous red Gustavo Cadile gowns, to Maison Martin Margiela in the space of 6 months?

When Kim Kardashian was squeezing her curves into bandages dresses last year, if I said then that she would have been one to watch in 2009, you would have have advised me to stop blogging whilst drunk.

I nearly feel off my chair when I saw Kim Kardashian wearing a Maison Martin Margiela Spring 2008 jacket, to the Y-3 fashion show at New York Fashion Week.

It’s a shock, but a pleasant shock because I think she works it well, without looking like she tired too too hard.

Her look with the leather pants, and the YSL Trib Two’s, definitely needed a belt, so I applaud her for that.

I also love the make-up. Kim’s directional, edgy look puts her up for Best Dressed this week.

What do you guys think?

Too much too soon? Or a step in the right direction?

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture Red Carpet Wish List

New York Fashion Week - Picture Of The Day

New York Fashion Week – Picture Of The Day

16 Responses to Runway To Y-3 Front Row – Kim Kardashian In Maison Martin Margiela

1. Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 12:22 #

Wow, she looks… great! Who would have thought she would have gone for something so.. edgy..

2. Ace Azri February 17, 2009 at 12:25 #

been a fan of her looks ever since the drastic transformation. i will definitely vote for her in bestdress unless there are other better choices though.

3. Ruthless MEME February 17, 2009 at 13:25 #

For someone wit’ no specific talent…… I liked the look…… I knew those shapes were gonna catch on soon when Alexander McQueen did them…… I remember Kerry Washington wore a blazer like that to one of Obama’s conventions…… but as for Kim….. I liked the blazer…… but I thought the shapes should’ve been a smidge smaller….. if this is ever going to be a trend…. it has to start off in smaller doses and work it’s way up…… either way it looks good…..

4. Lara February 17, 2009 at 14:25 #

I can’t believe i’m loving something that Kim is wearing. She looks so good and comfortable in the outfit, not at all like Solange.

5. Fashion Critic February 17, 2009 at 14:28 #

Yes Lara, you are so right. Kim is trying but there is no desperation in her attempts like Solange.

6. Ling February 17, 2009 at 16:22 #

I can’t believe how different she looks! I’m glad she toned down her makeup for this outfit, otherwise it would have looked a little trashy. Definitely, definitely a step in the right direction.

7. Kelly February 17, 2009 at 17:13 #

*This* is how she should let her beauty shine, not through trashy outfits and cake make-up. I am so pleased at her style transformation — just wow!!

8. Arasto February 17, 2009 at 18:03 #

Give me a break. People like Beyonce and Kim Kardashian all of a sudden wear large shoulders and now they are on the cutting edge of style. Right.

9. robbie February 17, 2009 at 18:08 #

a step in the right driection all the way, she seriously looks amazing. edgy but like you said not trying too hard. the hair and make-up is really nice aswell.

10. Laura Deerfield February 17, 2009 at 19:14 #

It suits her remarkably well, the sharp edges contrast her curvy figure while showing it off at the same time, and yes, she looks comfortable and confident. She’s finding her way.

11. kim February 18, 2009 at 00:30 #

omg kim kardashian is gorgeous. her style is really evolving. she lo0ks great and is not trying t0o hard to l0ok edgy.

12. Mari February 18, 2009 at 04:02 #

I loved the look but, what is going on with her nails? On the second small picture… What’s that?? Is it just me?? Should I stop drinking too??

13. Isobel February 18, 2009 at 04:09 #

don’t hate on me, but she really doesn’t have the body type to be wearing these clothes. i wish she would just wear something that would suit her personality and flatter her at the same time.

14. ahot February 18, 2009 at 09:38 #

nice try.

15. whitestroke February 18, 2009 at 09:57 #

She definitely deserves a round of applause for the style transformation, and to be on the Best Dressed poll, too. Personally, though, I’m not a fan of that outfit, nor I think it suits her personality. But she surprisingly pulls it off. I think it’s because she’s very natural in it. See annoying celebs, annoying strike-a-pose posing only works against you.

16. Anonymous February 19, 2009 at 00:01 #

this made me lol.

it looks good but it would be even better if this look (incl. outfit, hair, & makeup) were on someone else(/better).