17.02.09

Diane von Furstenberg & Reem Acra Fall 2009

Diane von Furstenberg’s Fall 2009 collection mixed and matched patterns, knits and textures.

There were lots of prints, metallics, oversized cardigans, tunics, leggings and my favourite part of the collection was the pom-poms hats.

I don’t think we will see many of these pieces on the red carpet, but I am sure many pieces will end up in our closets..

Reem Acra’s Fall 2009
collection looked my idea of heaven. Gorgeous gowns, rich colours, and delicate embellishments.

I see so many Oscar potential gowns from this collection, as Reem is very much the go to person for red carpet glamour. We have seen that at the SAG Awards, and many other ceremonies this season.

Actresses will go gaga over the gorgeous draped designs of chiffons and silk satins in an array of colours from eggplant, teal blue, champagne, taupe, brown and black.

Source

New York Week Front Row

New York Week Front Row

More From The Front Row

More From The Front Row

10 Responses to Diane von Furstenberg & Reem Acra Fall 2009

1. Kiran_Sooknandan February 17, 2009 at 21:37 #

Cant wait for the oscars. Hey f.c just wondering did versace do a couture collection this season because i cant find it on style.com and you didnt blog on it so i wasnt sure. thanks

2. Fashion Critic February 17, 2009 at 21:46 #

last season I got them from the versace.com site. There is nothing updated on their though.

3. Nicole February 17, 2009 at 22:00 #

Reem acra collection is stunning… Definitely going to be seeing a lot of these gowns on the red carpet …
    Can’t wait for the oscars either! When does fashion week end? Hope ure having an awesome time in ny.

4. robbie February 17, 2009 at 22:14 #

i normally LOVE every DvF collection, but this collection isnt my taste, too many dark shades.

the reem acra collection is pretty nice, i love the champagne dress it is seriously beautiful.

5. Fashion Critic February 17, 2009 at 22:24 #

Nicole, it ends Friday.

I have done so much already, and I have so much more to see and do. Tired but having so much fun.

I have a huge show tonight and a massive show tomorrow.

I am so excited each night I only have a few hours sleep.

6. Anonymous February 17, 2009 at 22:32 #

hey FC, how are u doing in NYC?
    it seems u’re having a terrific time, and so do I with your posts! :)

are u there for work? i’m curious in where/what do your work!

enjoy!
    iona.

7. Kiran_Sooknandan February 17, 2009 at 22:35 #

Hey fc here are the versace looks i found. I know the pink is a little on the trashy side in a way but i would have loved to see someone like rhianna in it at the grammys. i want more versace on the red carpet in general!

8. ivette February 17, 2009 at 23:02 #

i could so picture whitney port wearing that silver metallic dvf gown
    as for the reem acra collection i loved it!! so many beautiful gowns i hope alot of them end up on the red carpet!!

9. Crazy/Beautiful February 17, 2009 at 23:39 #

I would not be surprised to see our beautiful Kate Beckinsale in Reem Acra. It’s so her style, and she has the body for it too.

10. Dana February 19, 2009 at 15:11 #

REEM ACRA REEM ACRA REEM ACRA!

STUNNING. I literally gasped when I saw these gowns. They are the definition of pure glamour and beauty. I really hope we get to see lots of them at the Oscars, and the stars better do them justice! I’ve never been a huge fan of Reem Acra, more just- indifferent, but I now lovelovelove it!