14.02.09

BCBG Max Azria Fall 2009

It can take so long to wait and queue to get into a fashion show, then it feels like it’s all over in a blink of an eye.

My first show of this New York Fashion Week, was the BCBG Max Azria Fall 2009 show.

Max Azria is no doubt predicting a mild winter, because he didn’t present any pants, and only a few pieces of outerwear.

Instead of pants we were presented with both gold and silver metallic tights, which makes a nice change from black, of course.

The collection started off with lots netural colours, then moved to moody blues, moss green, black and deep purples.

Although there were lots of dresses, but they came in many variates. Draped, layered, asymmetrical, diped in dye, gathered, and folded.

My favourite was the teal, green and chartreuse dress in the middle. It grabbed my attention because it was such an interesting mix of colours.

Here are a few of the more decent pictures I managed to take with my camera.

Of all the front row celebrities, the only one I noticed was Solange Knowles. This is because girlfriend moved around too much.

She wore a white dress under a black cropped jacket. Although I liked her accessories of a baby blue Chanel purse and violet heels. They not only did not go with each other, but they also did not go with her ensemble.

I also kinda noticed Amanda Bynes, but from the back with all that hair, she I thought she was Lauren Conrad.

The recently single actress looked pretty in a pink strapless mini.

Kellie Pickler was the surprised guest for me at this show, as unlike the other two, I do not see her as a BCBG type of girl.

Her knit dress, was almost as white as her foundation.

Other celeb spotting of the day was Peaches Geldof at Bryant Park, holding hands with a guys who was not her now soon-to-be ex husband. Noemie Lenoir walking her two dogs in Greenwich, and Kimora Lee Simmons in her black out truck with her window down, so everyone could see her.

Source & Source

Cat Deeley In Alexander McQueen - 8th Annual BritWeek Launch Party

Cat Deeley In Alexander McQueen – 8th Annual BritWeek Launch Party

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

Who Was Your Best Dressed This Week?

9 Responses to BCBG Max Azria Fall 2009

1. Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 02:52 #

pplease amanda, try a new hairstyle!

2. Anonymous February 14, 2009 at 03:14 #

The last 3 pics aren’t showing up for me and neither is the sidebar..
    but judging by the names of the stars that attened I don’t thin kI even want to see. :(

3. Priti February 14, 2009 at 03:17 #

Hey FC…
    I really need your help in finding out who Aishwarya Rai wore to the Berlin Film Festival..bloggers in India are going nuts as no one can predict and you are my hope.

XOXO

4. Ladybrille.com February 14, 2009 at 06:12 #

Welcome to New York. In future you’ll have to tell me so we can plan to meet chica!

First show at the tents? Hope you are impressed since a lot of designers are not showing or if they are showing down scaling. Also celeb watch is not as intense but for folks like that because we can make it more about the buyers and us the press.

Have a brilliant time.

Cheers,
    Uduak

5. Nik February 14, 2009 at 10:52 #

I so love how you have a grudge against solange…dee-lish.

I wish she’d contact you and you two have it out…Sol Angel is my girl, but I’d put my money on you FC.

6. Nik February 14, 2009 at 10:58 #

hey FC what does BCBG mean? :P I wont believe other sources until I hear it from you.

and whoa Kelly pickler…Someone’s been watching too much Designing Women marathon’s on Nik at Nite/ TV land.

Is it just me, or is Amanda Bynes taste level getting more stripperlicious as she she grows older?

7. eder February 14, 2009 at 16:20 #

I hope Amanda changes her hairstyle, you are lucky to see the fashion shows

8. Fashion Critic February 15, 2009 at 02:45 #

Niki, BCBG in French means “Bon Chic Bon Genre.”

Translated to English it means, “good style, good attitude”

Priti, sorry I don’t know who Rai’s dress is by

9. whitestroke February 16, 2009 at 17:19 #

Whenever I see Amanda Bynes I wanna throw a fit and cut her hair.

My fav dress was the second one. (The one on the left from your favorite one.)