13.02.09

amfAR New York Gala For Fall 2009 Fashion Week

She’s back. Not only from having a baby, but Michelle Monaghan is back on top form giving us edgy red carpet fashion, that Jennifer Connelly would be proud of.

With her hair pulled back Michelle wore a Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 ensemble which consisted of long sleeved orange dress, with patchwork and sequined detail along one side of the dress, and layers of tulle, to give her skirt some volume.

I know a lot of you hate head-to-toe runway looks, but she would have been hard pressed to find a shoe outside of the Vuitton Spring 2009 collection, that would have done this dress justice. A plain black sandal, just wouldn’t do.

This look won’t be to everyone’s taste, but I love it.

OMG, I can’t take this any more.

Taylor Momsen needs to decide who she wants to be.

She is wearing heavy rock chick make-up and a choppy banged ‘do, with a ethereal Marchesa Fall 2008 gown.

She needs to decide on which direct she want to go, because this is all very confusing for me.

Eliza Dushku wore an electrifying nude and silver asymmetrical Kaufman Franco Fall 2008 gown.

Her look is flawless.

Mary J Blige kept her look simple wearing a black Donna Karan gown, which had an asymmetrical neckline.

The credit crunch looks to be affecting everyone, as Julia Restoin-Roitfeld wears the same mini black embellished Balmain Spring 2009 dress, she wore earlier this week to a Vogue Pre-BAFTA party.

Or unlike me, she likes to travel very light.

Source

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Vogue Celebrates The All New 2009 BMW 7 Series

Vogue Celebrates The All New 2009 BMW 7 Series

15 Responses to amfAR New York Gala For Fall 2009 Fashion Week

1. Marianna February 13, 2009 at 13:28 #

Loved the dress but truly HATED this make up on Taylor Momsen. She doesn’t deserve this Marchesa dress!

xx

Marianna.

2. Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 13:46 #

Michelle Monaghan and Eliza Dushku looked amazing.

Electra.

3. Rimini February 13, 2009 at 14:09 #

lol @ your confusion for Taylor..think Courtney Love at 17.

Julia needs to rerawk girl, after all it is Balmain!!

4. Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 14:19 #

i hope you take Keke Palmer pictures on the NAACP Awards! She attends a many awards, but you ignore it! She’s like us!Represent!!!!!!

5. ber February 13, 2009 at 15:08 #

Taylor looks like she’s trying to be Courtney Love.

6. Jonas DeSantis February 13, 2009 at 16:00 #

The LV spring 2009 line is amazing!

7. Cecily February 13, 2009 at 16:59 #

That make-up and hair plus nails together with mixed with that dress makes Momsen look like one of Count Dracula’s ladies.

I think she wanted to give the dress an edgier look, but somehow it doesn’t quite translate.

I love the orange color of Michelle Monaghan’s dress. I also loved that color on the Oscar de la renta runway. :D

8. Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 17:47 #

LOVE Michelle Monaghan!!! the shoes are to die for
    Taylor Momsen on the other hand looks like a corpse wearing that gorgeous dress

9. whitestroke February 13, 2009 at 17:54 #

I very much like head-to-toe runway looks. That LV outfit I’d be so excited to see ANYONE on the red carpet try on, but it doesn’t quite work for me on Michelle. Maybe it’s the angle of those shots. It makes her look incredibly stumpy.

Deja vu with Taylor. I feel like she wore that dress many times before. I know it’s not the same dress, but all the Marchesa gowns she wore were pretty much the same.

Oh wow, if Julia loved that dress so much and intended to wear it more than once, that’s a reason more to get it in bigger size. It’s really too small on her. I’m not a fan of her style anyway, nor her mother’s, to be honest. Anna Wintour and her daughter own them.

Disappointing event overall. I have no idea who this person is, but she was best dressed for me.

10. drinkupthefashion February 13, 2009 at 21:50 #

that balmain dress julia is wearing probably cost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$ a buncha bucks. she can wear it everyday and i’d think that was justified by the price. plus, she looks great in it.

my fave here is eliza dushku. she looks amazing.

this is the worst i’ve seen taylor look. the powder blue with the red lipstick is horrible. and the punk hair and makeup with the marchesa dress just isn’t working. ehh…

11. Nik February 14, 2009 at 10:35 #

If it werent for her Lara Flynn Boyle/Ellen Pompeo/ Callista Flockhart face, I’d be more into Bridget. And I didn’t really notice it before, but you are so right FC, the LV s/s 09 are such ensemble pieces. Even someone as creative as chloe sev had to wear the shoes…I wonder how someone can ever dare to mix n’ match a dress from that collection? I wonder how Pat Field would do it?

I am so feeling Taylor Momson’s red carpet looks. She looks like some Bianca Jagger co-hort back in studio 54– you know, the type of girl who has too much money for coutre gowns and heroine…i am definately one of those people who feel inpired by her paradoxical style.

What I love about Taylor’s look is that she looks like the type who just lets a fur coat drag on the ground or the type who leaves her jewelry lying around the bathroom sink.

definately the definition of fabulous mess…or the version of Patsy Stone from AbFab

so damaged! loooving it…never boring

12. Fashion Critic February 14, 2009 at 15:25 #

LOL. Nik, at first I thought you were joking, but the more I read of your message I understood that you were serious.

Like I said I find her very confusing, but if you can find some thing out of her look that make sense to you, then you are more informed than I am :)

13. Fashion Critic February 14, 2009 at 15:29 #

Thanks Ladybrille.

Yes this is my first show at the tents.

I had one yesterday, one today, and many more to come. On Monday I have 4 back to back. I may miss some if they don’t start on time.

14. Leo February 14, 2009 at 16:49 #

Taylor Momsen looks a mess as usual.

Julia Restoin-Roitfeld is one of my favorites, but I don’t think thar lipstick is for her. The dress is gorgeous.

15. Abby February 16, 2009 at 09:11 #

It’s funny you mentioned Jennifer Connelly, my first thought when I saw Michelle’s look was “Jennifer Connelly wannabe.” And she ain’t no Jennifer Connelly, I daresay. Taylor = fail, Eliza = win.