13.02.09

2009 NAACP Image Awards

Jennifer Hudson pick up her outstanding new artist Award wearing a black Peter Sorenon dress, which had a feathered detail on the hip.

She completed her look with Givenchy lace ankle sandals.

Beyonce perform her song Halo wearing a gorgeous white gown, with a black band, and delicate embellishments on the bodice, which also cascaded down her skirt.

Jada Pinkett Smith wore a maroon strapless Monique Lhuillier gown, with a a vintage Judith Lieber belt.

I must say I am a bit disappointed the bigger stars did not take to the red carpet.

Taraji P. Henson added her increasing star quality to the red carpet wearing a gorgeous lemon halter neck mermaid Zac Posen gown.

I love the ruffled detail down the middle, and the layering of the hem.

A very chic Rosario Dawson walked the red carpet wearing a black silk taffeta Rafael Cennamo full-skirted dress.

Sanaa Lathan looked ravishing in this daring plunge neck jersey Donna Karan gown with black straps.

I am not a fan of Dakota Fanning’s nude strapless down. It feels too naked.

Alfre Woodard wore a Tadashi fuschia iridescent crinkled silk chiffon fly away cocktail dress. Her look was accessorized with a Mary Norton gold clutch.

Chandra Wilson impressed me on this red carpet.

Usually I find a fault, but the hair, the make-up, the jewels, the Daniel Swarovski clutch and her orange Pamella Roland Spring 2008 gown are all faultless.

Can you believe that this is Rudy Huxtable aka Keshia Knight Pulliam?

She stands out on the red carpet wearing an electric blue gown.

After Taraji, Vanessa Williams wore my second favourite gown on this red carpet. I love the colour, and jeweled detail on this one-shouldered gown.

Like Chandra, Tichina Arnold looks flawless. This baby blue gown really stands out and makes her glow.

Holly Robinson Peete wore a coral and silver Naeem Khan Spring 2008 patterned cocktail dress, with pewter strappy heels.

Source

amfAR New York Gala For Fall 2009 Fashion Week

amfAR New York Gala For Fall 2009 Fashion Week

Runway To NAACP Image Awards - Halle Berry In Pamella Roland

Runway To NAACP Image Awards – Halle Berry In Pamella Roland

17 Responses to 2009 NAACP Image Awards

1. Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 16:00 #

and Keke Palmer????????
    Represent, bro??

2. Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 16:24 #

The dress on Saana Nathan is Donan Karan S/S06

3. serenaev February 13, 2009 at 16:25 #

The dress on Saana Nathan is Donna Karan S/S06.

4. Hayley February 13, 2009 at 17:54 #

Wow. I think Holly Peete looked by far the best. Best Dressed?

5. freida lover February 13, 2009 at 19:55 #

lovee beyonce! she looked soo good in white but her non-performance gown was really pretty. loved the colour.

Sanaa and Rosario are stunning as well!

Nicole

6. drinkupthefashion February 13, 2009 at 21:45 #

sanaa, taraji and holly robinson peete were my absolute favorites. some of the people on the red carpet still look like they need to be polished a bit more. but hey, i’m not perfect. everyone looked pretty nice but s, t and h were my faves.

7. Arasto February 13, 2009 at 21:57 #

Beyonce is always so contrived.

Everything is thought out, planned out and unnatural.

Who is the real Beyonce? She has zero personality and you need to bring personality to clothes.

8. misstuesday February 14, 2009 at 01:28 #

Tichina’s dress is ok, but it makes her chest area look a bit… weird.

I dunno :|

9. Fashion Critic February 14, 2009 at 02:51 #

thanks for the Sanaa id

Who is Keke Palmer?

10. Nik February 14, 2009 at 11:05 #

I need more Holly Robinson Peete…I couldn’t get enough of this gal during the 90’s and she seemed to fade off the spotlight the past decade.

Someone give this girl a TV show or movie cuz she needs to hit the carpet a bit more often!

11. Lauren February 14, 2009 at 14:26 #

Keke Palmer is an actress, she was in the Disney Channel Film Jump In. Not sure what else she’s been in. I think she might also be a singer. Heres a picture of her at this event: http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h172/lwilliamson199/keke-p.jpg

Everyone looks so good! Vanessa Williams gown is stunning!

12. Kyutipye February 14, 2009 at 15:04 #

Keke Palmer is the girl who played Akeelah in the spelling B movie and Mary in ‘Jump In’. She also plays the foster child of Mabel Simmons in ‘Madea’s family reunion’. She is a talented young lady. she and Dakota are 2 of my young favourites.

13. Fashion Critic February 14, 2009 at 15:11 #

Thanks Kyutipye.

As I don’t live in the US, I don’t know any of those show. I will look out for her from now on.

14. Fashion Critic February 14, 2009 at 15:17 #

thanks Lauren. she is a cutie

15. Kyutipye February 14, 2009 at 15:46 #

Sanaa looks absolutely stunning.I also like Rosario’s dress. I noticed that she wore the same shoes that Taraji wore to the 61st DGA awards. Do you know who they are by? Taraji by the way, pure perfection except for the eye makeup. Jada looks ok, but like she was quite feeling like coming out. Dakota is kind of washed out by that colour. Alfre Woodard looks good except that I dont like flats on the redcarpet. I think one could at least make the effort!Rudy is kinda overkill. Too much bling, like the old Beyonce. Vanessa, Tichina, Holly Beyonce and Halle, absolutely beautiful.

16. Leo February 14, 2009 at 16:48 #

Chandra Wilson looks amazing, she’s glowing with that.

17. Anonymous February 16, 2009 at 01:33 #

who’s that vanessa williams??