12.02.09

Social Events Of The Week

“Two Lovers” Screening, New York

I continue to be baffled by Taylor Momsen. She is such a pretty girl, but she hides behind that think eye make-up and blunt bangs.

The dress is quite short, but she is old enough to get away with it.

Her all black look is contrasted with a pair of neon pink Alexander McQueen Heart peep-toe pumps.

“Crips And Bloods: Made In America”, LA

Jessica Alba wore a gorgeous blue asymmetrical stamped cloqu̩ silk Lanvin dress with hook Рeye waist gathering.

I am loving the look, but the tights and Dior kills don’t quite work with this dress.

“Happy Tears” Press Conference, Berlin Film Festival

Demi Moore wore a navy and white polka dot Michael Kors Spring 2009 dress with red heels.

This is a non fussy clean look, which suits her perfectly.

“Happy Tears” Premiere, Berlin Film Festival

She then upped the glamour for the premiere, wearing a silver Escada Pre-Fall 2009 cocktail dress column dress, which had beautiful Indian hand embroidered detail with Sergio Rossi heels.

Forever Enthralled, Berlin Film Festival

Zhang Ziyi dazzled in a Gothic-esqe Zac Posen Fall 2008 gown, with a poufy skirt.

She was iced-out with stunning jewels, but she kept warm with a cropped black jacket.

Unveiling of Southwest Airlines’ SI One Airplane

Bar Refaeli looked hot wearing a Balenciaga leather and tweed biker jacket with black skinny jeans and pleated Christian Louboutin booties.

“Notorious” Premiere, Berlin Film Festival

Angela Bassett could quite easily pass off as Kerry Washington’s mother, or older sister.

Like Kerry, Angela oozes a graceful elegance on the red carpet.

She wore a stunning silver asymmetrical gown, with a pleated bodice an a jeweled brooch on the waist.

Cheri Premiere, Berlin Film Festival

With her sexy tousled and black RM by Roland Mouret dress, Michelle Pfeiffer looked simply stunning.

I loved the dress asymmetric neckline and the jeweled brooch.

An effortlessly glamour look for the legendary actress.

Source

Runway To "Two Lovers" Screening - Gwyneth Paltrow In Proenza Schouler

Runway To "Two Lovers" Screening – Gwyneth Paltrow In Proenza Schouler

In Jennifer Hudson's Closet - Balenciaga Gladiator Heels

In Jennifer Hudson’s Closet – Balenciaga Gladiator Heels

12 Comments

12 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. WendyB February 12, 2009 at 15:34 #

I want those McQueen shoes! So great.

2. Leo February 12, 2009 at 16:33 #

Angela Bassett looks amazing, talk about classic glamour. Head to toe, I love it. That brooch and the earings are great details.

3. Liquorice Clothing February 12, 2009 at 17:16 #

I love Michelle Pfeiffer’s look. Very understated sexyness. She looks like she is sexy without trying too hard.

4. Hayley February 12, 2009 at 18:01 #

Wow! I love what Taylor Momsen is wearing. Especially her shoes! But, I agree with you about her hair and make up, because she is gorgeous.
    Demi Moore in the Michael Kors dress looks so cute.

5. Dana February 12, 2009 at 20:55 #

Ew. Taylor Momsen looks like a whoreeeeee. She is WAY too young for that, sorry sweets!

6. Leslie February 12, 2009 at 22:32 #

Taylor Momsen disturbs me! She’s only 15 years old. That’s a year younger than Miley Cyrus. People would go crazy if Miley stepped out in that. The outfit itself is cute but combined with the make up and bangs, she looks trashy.

Angela Bassett however, looks so stunning.

Enjoy your visit to the states!

7. robbie February 12, 2009 at 22:56 #

wow i thought that was kerry until you mentioned it was angela, she looks amazing. gorgeous dress and she looks STUNNING.

michelle damn she looks freaking fabulous, she really is showing the young ones how to dress exy but not slutty. i love her hair.

taylor why must she insist on looking like she is on crack, it really doe not suit her.

zhang looks spectacular, simply beautiful.

8. Raquel February 13, 2009 at 00:40 #

I ndon’t care if it’s illegal or imoral, I want what whatever Demi and Michelle are taking, that simple!!

That’s is the best I have ever seen Angela Basset. She looks stunning and much softer than her usual self.

Zhang Ziyi looks matronly in that. Hate the whole ensemble.

9. Tamara February 13, 2009 at 10:59 #

I love Demi.
    I can’t believe she is my mothers age :)

10. Sade February 13, 2009 at 14:45 #

FC, who makes Angela Basset’s gown? I simply must have this in my closet!!
    SHE IS STUNNINGGGG!!!!!

11. whitestroke February 13, 2009 at 16:54 #

Too much on Zhang Ziyi. Big dress, fur jacket, jewelry all over, sparkling clutch… but I don’t take it against Asian stars as much as I would against someone else. I’ve noticed most of them do this all glammed up look to the extreme on the red carpet. It must be their thing or something.

Wow at Michelle! Too bad she’s not showing off as much as Demi these days because she looks even BETTER. Love her outfit. I especially love the detail on the skirt. (I don’t know the term for it but this is what I mean!) What amazing legs, too.

12. drinkupthefashion February 13, 2009 at 22:06 #

you stole the words right out of my mouth! angela bassett looks so much like kerry washington in the second picture. kerry arranges her face like that a lot in pictures. this is one of the best looks angela has ever worn. <33333333 it.

i'm also loving michelle pfeiffer here. so sexy!