Gwyneth Paltrow For Elle UK March 2009

Gwyneth Paltrow appears in the March 2009 edition of Elle UK wearing a Dolce & Gabbana ensemble, which consisted of a black satin jacket with voluminous sleeves and black and white polka dot shorts.

Her her very candid interview, she talked a little about her marriage.

On never appearing in public with her husband: “It doesn’t behoove us to be a public couple . . . He certainly doesn’t want to be that. We’ve never ever walked down a red carpet together, we never will. If people think that that means we’re not together, then – ha ha ha! – so be it.”

On her goody two-shoes image: “I’m probably less square than people think. I never get drunk to the point of throwing up. But I get very talkative.”

On a blogger accusing her of looking like prostitute wearing a white strapless Stella McCartney dress: “People don’t realise, sometimes you wear a dress because your friend made it.”

On her style transformation: “I just got out of sweatpants, out of mummy mode. I love fashion , but when you’re breastfeeding and you’re a stone-and-a-half overweight, it’s demoralising to try to wear good clothes.”

On what prompted her to chop her famous waist length hair last year: “My hairstylist, an old friend, was brushing my hair and I was like, ‘F*ck this hair! Cut my hair.”

You will notice that Gwyneth wore the white Balmain tuxedo jacket below, to the Entertainment Industry Foundation Gala this week.

Source
In Jennifer Hudson's Closet - Balenciaga Gladiator Heels

In Jennifer Hudson’s Closet – Balenciaga Gladiator Heels

In Kim Kardashian's Closet - Vintage Prince Tee

In Kim Kardashian’s Closet – Vintage Prince Tee

11 Responses to Gwyneth Paltrow For Elle UK March 2009

1. Liquorice Clothing February 12, 2009 at 17:13 #

I like the edgier looking Gwyneth these days. sometimes it works , sometimes it doesn’t but that’s the risk you take to be a little different and I don’t mind that, as long as the majority of the time she gets it right. Just wish I had the events to go to to wear this stuff!

2. Jajababy February 12, 2009 at 17:14 #

This is such a cute editorial. She looks so happy!

3. Cecily February 12, 2009 at 17:31 #

Hmm… I think that she shouldn’t said that about her Stella McCartney dress. In my opinion, I think it was a bad choice of words.

She looked perfectly fine in that white ensemble, given the bust line was a bit off, but it was pretty decent.

I think she should have defended the choice better and not go to:

“oh, I only wore that dress because the designer is my friend… you thought it looked bad? I thought it looked bad too..”

I mean, she did see herself in a mirror before she left. Well, at least I assume she did. She could have spotted the problem and tweaked it.

She’s such a pretty lady and a fairly decent actress, but if I were Stella, I’d be feeling a bit bad right now.

4. Fashion Critic February 12, 2009 at 18:02 #

Cecily, I could not agree with you more. If people think she sucked in the dress then it was down to her and not Stella.

If I was Stella I would not give her anymore clothes.

5. Hayley February 12, 2009 at 18:03 #

I love this photoshoot. She just looks so naturally pretty. I love her in the Louis Vuitton dress.

6. Rebecca February 12, 2009 at 19:33 #

That quote about Stella McCartney’s dress is sooo ungracious.

How hard is it to say – “I liked the dress. One of my best friends made it… and it’s rude to say someone looks like a prostitute.” ???

7. Dana February 12, 2009 at 20:53 #

I adore the Alexander Wang outfit photo. She looks like the perfect example of… perfection! Very nice.

8. Ruthless MEME February 13, 2009 at 11:19 #

She looks great….. but she looks dead in the photos…….

9. Anonymous February 13, 2009 at 14:48 #

Do you read British Elle much FC? I’ve been really impressed with the way its turned itself around this part year or so. the covers are always really fashion-y but still commercial.

10. whitestroke February 13, 2009 at 17:06 #

People don’t realise, sometimes you wear a dress because your friend made it.
    That’s a bad reason to wear something. You should wear clothes that look good on you and/or you like. Not because your designer friend made it and then you sort of felt obligated to wear it or something, at least that’s how she came across. And it’s not like that’s the only dress Stella ever designed. She could have picked something else that actually fits her. One of your readers recently asked why Jennifer Connelly never wears Zac Posen ’cause they went to the same University or something. I refrained myself from replying to that, it’s a funny coincidence you brought this quote by Gwyneth now that’s basically the same thing I wanted to say. Maybe Zac’s designs don’t really appeal to Jennifer, even if they know each other. Just because you’re a friend with a designer it doesn’t mean you HAVE to wear their stuff. You should have your own style/taste regardless.

Anyway, the last shot is lovely. I like the cover, too. She wears that ensemble well. I only wish she didn’t have her arms positioned like that so we could see more of those lovely puffed sleeves.

11. Moi February 13, 2009 at 19:10 #

I don’t really like the cut but I think it’s an upgrade compared to before.
    I love the fashion they used but except for the LV dress, I didn’t like how they did it. Especially the last dress, you don’t really see the details on it. It’s too bad.
    I also think the comment about the Stella dress was inappropriate.