11.02.09

Tilda Swinton Keeps Warm On The Berlin Film Festival Red Carpets

I’m well aware of Tilda Swinton’s unusual style, but usually that’s what makes her so fantastic.

As one of the judges at the Berlin Film Festival she has walked many red carpets. On this occasion, it’s just not working. I’ve been trying to ignore Tilda since the opening ceremony, but I couldn’t ignore the hat she wore last night to the Cheri premiere.

I know it must be bitterly cold in Berlin, as it is here in London, but a bit of pizazz or creative flair, would really warm my heart.

I prayed it wouldn’t get any worse, and it did.

Source

Gwei Lun Mei In Burberry Prorsum - ‘Black Coal, Thin Ice’ (Bai Ri Yan Huo) Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Gwei Lun Mei In Burberry Prorsum – ‘Black Coal, Thin Ice’ (Bai Ri Yan Huo) Berlin Film Festival Premiere

Runway To "Cheri" Premiere - Keira Knightley In Chloé

Runway To "Cheri" Premiere РKeira Knightley In Chlo̩

11 Responses to Tilda Swinton Keeps Warm On The Berlin Film Festival Red Carpets

1. fashionist February 11, 2009 at 12:40 #

The problem with Tilda Swinto is not the clothes she picks but the fact that she just doesn’t work them on the red carpet. I love eccentricity but she seems to be wearing clothes with no feeling. She could be dressed in sackcloth.

2. Leo February 11, 2009 at 12:50 #

I know it’s cold and all but c’mon, she has such an interesting style and she’s showing none of it here. I like her a lil’ on the third picture, but this furry thing on her head that she put on is just bizarre.

3. elbnymphe February 11, 2009 at 13:20 #

Sorry to disagree, but I am not at all with you on Tilda Swinton’s choice of red carpet outfits in Berlin. Yes, it is bitterly cold here, and why shouldn’t fashion be able to reflect that in a creative way? All her coats are unique, stylish choices. And the fur-rimmed hood (I do hope it is faux fur) contrast beautifully with her natural looks. I think it lends her the air of some Icelandic fairy.

4. Anonymous February 11, 2009 at 13:38 #

nice blog

5. whitestroke February 11, 2009 at 16:05 #

I don’t care if she wears different coat each time. It’s just BORING.

6. robbie February 11, 2009 at 17:37 #

i love tildas hat, its cute.

7. mila February 11, 2009 at 21:07 #

Yap,she got worse…I really dislike her and her fashion sense.It always looks bad

8. Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 23:29 #

If anyone else wore this, you’d say they look boring because of the black.

9. Watch Me When I Kill February 23, 2009 at 08:19 #

I love her style. Never boring as most hollywood celebs dress. Just boring. Tilda has an amazing sense of style. Thank god!