10.02.09

Social Events Of The Week

2009 MusiCares “Person Of The Year” Gala, LA

Camilla Belle arrived at this event glowing with pure gorgeousity, wearing a short magenta Marchesa dress.

The mini dress had a multitude of beautiful embellishments all over the top half of the dress, and a satin skirt which kicks out at the back.

My number 2 girl crush completed the look with a Jimmy Choo Kase oval clutch, and silver peep-toes.

AMPAS’ Scientific And Technical Awards Dinner, LA

I really wanted to love this gorgeous Oscar de la Renta strapless gown, but it’s Jessica Biel who ruins this for me.

This could be in on a mannequin for all the life she is putting into this gown.

2009 Writers Guild Awards, LA

Kate Walsh was one of the presenters at this event, and she looked so very harming wearing a black strapless Missoni Spring 2009 embellished gown.

Mena Suvari wore a Missoni look very similar to this, but hers was a jumpsuit.

“He’s Just Not That Into You” Australian Premiere

Ginnifer Goodwin braved the rain to attend this premiere wearing a lime green Brian Reyes Spring 2009 dress, with a rise and fall hem, and a matching croc belt.

She completed her look with black sandals.

I was loving the longer locks from the LA premiere. I’m not loving the crop so much.

The Reader Berlin Film Festival Premiere

This Lanvin tiered dress Kate Winslet chose for this premiere was perfectly pretty, but I am dying for her to get back to her colourful red carpet dresses.

At the moment it’s black, after black, after black with no wow-factor.

I hope she doesn’t wear black at the Oscars. I might just lose it if she does.

CBS’s The Early Show, New York

To promotes her new movie He’s Just Not Into You on CBS’s The Early Show, Jennifer Connelly looked very chic in a Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2008 ensemble, with Christian Louboutin Mary Jane heels.

Vogue Pre-BAFTA Party

Julia Restoin Roitfeld’s mini black embellished Balmain Spring 2009 dress, is dangerously close to giving her a wardrobe malfunction.

Claudia Schiffer doesn’t seem to have made an effort for this event.

“Late Show with David Letterman”, New York

Whilst Isla Fisher posed for photographers outside the David Letterman show, she wore a pretty white Zac Posen cap sleeve dress.

She gave her look an edge by wearing a clunky silver statement necklace, and Christian Louboutin Very Galaxy heels.

“The Private Lives of Pippa Lee” Photocall – Berlin Film Festival

Blake Lively is not only bland in New York, but also bland in Berlin.

Why did she just stop trying?

What is she wearing? Well Vena Cava of course, with Moschino Mary Janes.

Source

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola - The Heart Fund Gala

Toni Garrn In Barbara Casasola – The Heart Fund Gala

3 Is The Magic Number For Amy Adams

3 Is The Magic Number For Amy Adams

19 Responses to Social Events Of The Week

1. Cry February 10, 2009 at 15:44 #

Jessica Biel dress is from the Pre Fall 2009 collection.. The fantasy I think is the same of this one: http://i41.tinypic.com/5y7t40.jpg

2. Jules O'Connell February 10, 2009 at 15:52 #

*jumpingupanddown*
    I found it like 2 minutes after I emailed you
    hmm, I thought it was J.Mendel on Isla
    wonder who made the necklace

love love love Jennifer Connelly
    those sharp NY girls =)

3. Raquel February 10, 2009 at 16:35 #

Camille looks divine. Love the color on her. This girl has style on spades. But did she lost some weight? She’s looking a bit skinny these days.

Speaking about skinny, Jennifer Connely is disapearing behind our eyes. Not fond on her clothes, either.

I don’t think Kate’s problem is wearing back, the problem is that she wears some really boring black dresses, IMO.

4. That Film Girl February 10, 2009 at 16:50 #

Jessica Biel’s dress looks like gaudy Christmas wrapping paper!

Camilla Belle’s outfit is really well done, though I think gold shoes would have been more appropriate.

5. kaitlyn February 10, 2009 at 17:51 #

different accessories would have been better for camilla belle’s outfit. the dress itself is lovely.

jessica biel just doesn’t do anything with whatever she wears. how does she do it?

jennifer connelly, as always, looks perfect.

blake lively continues to fail. she should rehire her stylist. i don’t get her outfit at all.

6. whitestroke February 10, 2009 at 18:02 #

Jessica Biel must be the most uncharismatic person that ever happened to the world of celebrity. Whatever she puts on immediately dies.

Re-Kate Walsh, I’m starting to get seriously annoyed by celebs insisting on wearing black versions of the dresses that were presented on the runway in gorgeous colors. URGH.

I don’t have a problem with Kate Winslet’s dress this time. In spite of being black, it’s the most interesting thing she wore since Balmain. The problem here are the shoes. They’re just HORRENDOUS. Ruining the whole fun vibe of the dress. Peep toes would be better here, or color other than black. Kate is in a serious need of a shoe lesson.

Ginnifer’s dress should be at least 2 sizes smaller. It’d be both more fitted on her and shorter then. Rise and fall hem doesn’t make much sense at this length. On the other hand, Julia could easily up a size (or even two!) of her dress.

Blake Lively should just go away already. All her recent ‘casual red carpet’ outfits look like some cheap stuff she got in the department store and then tried to make them look high fashion by layering them and whatnot. BTW, have you seen the pics from the premiere of Private Lives of Pippa Lee? Talking about ruining Oscar de la Renta.
    Diane Kruger attended some event at Berlinale last night too, wearing Zac Posen. I’ve noticed Wireimage is way behind with Berlin photos, but they’re up on Zimbio.

7. Fashion Critic February 10, 2009 at 18:13 #

Whitestroke LOL @ whatever she puts on immediately dies.

I also noticed that Wireimage are behind. I just found the Blake gown and will have to catch up on Diane later.

8. dana February 10, 2009 at 20:55 #

Camilla looks GORGEOUS!
    I need to own that dress. My best dressed of the week winner so far.

9. Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 21:27 #

Didn’t Jennifer wear that sometime last week?

10. Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 22:19 #

Dear Blake Lively,

I beg of you to please stand up straight once in awhile – atleast for photocalls and red carpet events. You're pretty, young & successful so please add a little posture to your life…PLEASE!

Sincerely,
    your (soon-to-be-hunchback) spine

11. Catie February 11, 2009 at 00:29 #

Jennifer Connelly’s face is just so, so gorgeous. And I liked the outfit. I liked Camilla Belle’s alot also.

12. Leslie February 11, 2009 at 01:16 #

Camilla Belle is my idol. I just love everything she puts on.

13. abby February 11, 2009 at 02:29 #

ew at most of these. i like camilla, isla, kate walsh, jconn. that’s it.

speaking of jconn why does she never wear zac posen? he went to the same school as her, st. anne’s in brooklyn. you’d expect her to support an alum right?

14. nicole February 11, 2009 at 08:04 #

loveee camille’s dress so young and fresh.
    also isla’s necklace is so pretty!
    kates pulling out a lot of good looking black dresses i hope she switches it up soon tho.

15. Jordan LaDiva February 11, 2009 at 09:59 #

Thank goodness Kate Winslet is winning awards based on her acting talent and not her fashion style, she’s playing it way too safe, the dresses she has worn throughout award season are pretty, but there’s no “Wow” or “OMG” reaction when I see her on the red carpet. I hope Kate and Angelina step it up at the Oscars and make my jaw drop, I want to be left speechless!!!

16. Sept February 11, 2009 at 13:09 #

Camilla Belle is fashion perfection, I don’t even like her but I can’t deny her amazing sense of style.

17. Leo February 11, 2009 at 16:28 #

Jessica Biel looks so bad, there’s no words to describe. I don’t like the dress, it looks like something that Oscar would do for Barbara Bush, and she makes it even more ugly. And that make up, dating Justin is the ultimate anti-sexy, she used to be so lively.

18. Anonymous February 12, 2009 at 02:18 #

Ginnifer looks great. She looks chic yet laid back. I love her style and this Brian Reyes frock (in a gorgeous color!) is no exception. Jessica Biel on the other hand is….ugh.