When I was trying to predict Freida Pinto’s Oscar de la Renta BAFTA gown, this pink Spring 2009 gown was in my top 6.

Instead it was Blake Lively who had the honour of wearing this gown to The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee premiere, at the Berlin Film Festival last night.

I love the plunging neckline, the red sash tied to the waist, but I don’t like her posture.

You’re in a gown that cost thousands of dollars, throw your shoulders back girl.

This grungy slouch is not befitting of this gown. Freida would have done it justice.

I can’t even talk about that ‘just got out of bed hair’.

Source & Source
3 Is The Magic Number For Amy Adams

3 Is The Magic Number For Amy Adams

In Cheryl Cole's Closet - Louis Vuitton Surya XL Bag

In Cheryl Cole’s Closet – Louis Vuitton Surya XL Bag

24 Responses to Runway To "The Private Lives Of Pippa Lee" Berlin Premiere – Blake Lively In Oscar de la Renta

1. robbie February 10, 2009 at 18:08 #

wow she makes a stunning dress look terrible, one of my favourites from the collection… sadly not anymore it isnt.

hair terrible.

2. Damia February 10, 2009 at 18:38 #

Agreed. She looks awful with that hair and posture. Why even bother if you’re not going to try? Yeesh!

3. Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 18:52 #

Blake always and i mean always have that ‘got out of bed hair’ which gets kind of old and she pairs it with that beautiful dress. The dres and hair looks bad together, that’s the truth! get a new hair style or something.

Why Blake, why?

4. Ling February 10, 2009 at 19:04 #

Oh dear. There’s a difference between sexy, wavy big hair and messy matted hair, and Blake Lively needs to learn that. Also, she looks like she can’t be bothered to be there! What a waste of a perfectly nice dress.

5. freida lover February 10, 2009 at 19:47 #

im still trying to figure out what went wrong with her she was one of my fav red carpet newbies. but this same dishoveled hair and bad posture ruins evrything she wears. its a pity cause i love this dress. and yes ma girl Freida would have pulled it off much better!

Nicole

6. La. February 10, 2009 at 20:13 #

What a pity! I LOVE this gown but see it in this way it make me nervous…

7. Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 20:25 #

Honestly, to each his own. I like the way she is on the redcarpet. This is the real Blake Lively. It’s the real deal. Celebs on redcarpets tend to overdo or overpose as I may call it. It’s just a facade. The public thinks that great hair, dress and pose makes a celeb. That’s just the general concensus. I feel she looks fine to me.

8. Sade February 10, 2009 at 21:16 #

Blake always looks uncomfortable and I can’t even touch that hair…I swear! But I love her maybe one day she will stand upright and be counted coz her editorials are gorge!

9. Arasto February 10, 2009 at 21:56 #

She think she can pull off what Cameron Diaz is famous for. But she can’t. She is very ordinary and the result of a like of hype and PR. She is by no means a fashionista.

10. Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 22:00 #

Unfortunately Blake Lively turned this stunning dress into a nightgown…with her disheveled hair and hunch-back. Looks like she just got out of bed!!

Such a shame because that gown is GORGEOUS! A little styling would have made ALL the difference…

11. Anonymous February 10, 2009 at 22:33 #

Now dear, it’s just emma who never put a new hairstyle??

12. Raquel February 11, 2009 at 04:01 #

It’s a huge improvement from her recent red carpet appearances, but I just don’t think she has it in her to stand out in the red carpet, no matter the dress or the hair.

13. misstuesday February 11, 2009 at 06:38 #

Well, she DID go to McDonalds before the premiere, wearing that dress… :)

(sorry if it’s not ok to link)

14. Rama Dimas Y. February 11, 2009 at 08:48 #

No… I think she looked gorgeous… I love her messy hair, it made her looked more sexy

15. serapart February 11, 2009 at 09:02 #

she looks like she´d rather sleep in her bed than being there.
    or maybe her back hurts?
    nothing fits her, i cant imagine her in any dress which would actually look good on her. unfortunately :/

16. Jordan LaDiva February 11, 2009 at 09:51 #

I love this dress, but the hair is a hot mess.

17. Alyssa February 11, 2009 at 11:46 #

I was not going to comment, because it has already been pointed out her horrible posture with that amazing dress (I can only dream I’d have the chance to wear it), but those pictures of her in MacDonalds with this precious dress moved me to do it. Hope someone else makes more justice to this dess in future events.

18. Lara February 11, 2009 at 13:25 #

FC, you really should do a post on how Blake Lively poses the same way in each outfit, for every event. She is a beautiful gown, but she really MUST learn to stand up straight and proud (not in a fake way). She must learn to reject her tendency to cock her head to the side, hunch her shoulders forward and just generally look sloppy.

19. kaitlyn February 11, 2009 at 13:41 #

i would have thought the perfect dress would up her on my fashion list but sadly NO. it just frustrates me that she got to wear this gown when others could have done it justice. and the “i can’t be bothered. i’m not trying too hard” hair is getting old.

20. whitestroke February 11, 2009 at 14:32 #

It’s that terrible posture, my back hurts just looking at her. It’s that godawful hair, like Ling said above, there’s a difference between THAT and a wild sexy hairstyle. I love big messy-looking hair more than anyone else, but her hair just always looks like a hairstylist never touched it and she forgot to comb it since last year altogether. And more than anything, it’s her annoying fake boobs that she seems to be obsessed with and always trying to make more important than the clothes she wears. She’s starting to look like a bimbo and cheapens everything she puts on. Did you notice how most of the things she wears (including this dress!) look from the side like there’s a lot of extra material that could easily go over her cleavage but she’s pushing it to the side desperately so that her twins can be seen.

21. kaitlyn February 11, 2009 at 15:03 #

ia whitestroke. even on gossip girl. her clothes are all about her boobs. it’s very distracting. *shudders*

22. Ahot February 11, 2009 at 19:22 #

OH MY GOD! ladies and gentlemen, may i present? The new queen of trash…