09.02.09 Best Dressed

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The BAFTA Awards?

Source

Runway To The BAFTA Awards

Runway To The BAFTA Awards

Runway To The Grammy Awards

Runway To The Grammy Awards

20 Responses to Who Was Your Best Dressed At The BAFTA Awards?

1. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 16:06 #

I LOVE LOVE Marisa Tomei
    That has to be the dress I am going to remember for a very long time…
    and did I say I LOVE LOVE Marisa Tomei!

and Boring Under 40 celebs meet the awesome Sharon Stone! and Learn!!

2. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 16:29 #

FC, I’ve checked it and I was right. Kristin Scott Thomas wore a YSL dress. 100%.
    Karolina Kurkova looked pretty in her red dress (at the BAFTAs), don’t you think?
    I still haven’t found out who made Nicole Kidman’s golden Grammy. dress.

David

3. Hayley February 9, 2009 at 16:39 #

1. Marisa Tomei
    2. Frieda Pinto
    3. Angelina Jolie

4. robbie February 9, 2009 at 16:42 #

this was hard it was between kylie, kate and freida, but i went for kylie, simply because as soon as i saw her i went WOW, that has been the best she has looked in a long time since the brits last year.

i cant wait for her to host the brits this year

5. Leo February 9, 2009 at 16:46 #

Amy, one of the best I’ve seen her ever. She’s my crush at the moment.

6. Parvati February 9, 2009 at 17:01 #

I voted for Kate Winslet. My second vote would go to Emily Mortimer.

7. Reem February 9, 2009 at 17:19 #

Freida!!!!
    OMG, I’ve been in love with that dress for a while, and when i saw it in pink, I loved it even more, simply gorgeous!
    My 2nd Choice is Angelina!!
    O_o didn’t think i would ever like anything Angelina wore ever again!!
    My 3rd , Amy!! wow, even her eye makeup looks different!

8. xdittax February 9, 2009 at 18:17 #

My favourite dress is Thandie Newton’s beautiful vintage dress, but my best dressed is Marisa Tomei. She looks just great! So I voted for her. Perfect!

9. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 18:28 #

EMMA WATSON! Why is she not even nominated? Oy.

10. ber February 9, 2009 at 18:35 #

Marisa Tomei looks simply amazing.

11. whitestroke February 9, 2009 at 18:54 #

Well, this is my BAFTAs Best Dressed. Is it just me or the awards season is getting worse by the ceremony?! I started off the year with having 10 fav looks at the Golden Globes, of which I cut 2 not to make it too crowded, followed by the SAG awards where I only really liked 3-4 looks and added 2 more I was okay with, and now this with only 3 ladies worth remembering in my book. By this rate, I won’t like a single one at the Oscars. :/

I’ll give my vote to Angelina because I feel that Marisa and Freida will do much better. Everybody who knows me knows I can’t stand that woman, but I have to give credit where the credit is due. She looked wonderful and it was a welcome change from those dreadful washed-out shapeless dresses.

12. The Line of Beauty February 9, 2009 at 18:56 #

Marisa Tomei looked ravishing, understated, subtle and classy!!
    I am an Indian and proud of Freida Pinto but far too much attention is being given to her. She looks pretty. Period.

13. Sasha February 9, 2009 at 19:11 #

Kylie Minogue’s dress is ghastly.

Thandie Newtons looks like she needs to hitch the bodice up. Looks like a wardrobe malfunction waiting to happen.

None of the dresses really make me go ‘wow, that’s stunning!’

Freida who?

14. Ling February 9, 2009 at 20:13 #

Personally I would definitely wear Freida Pinto’s fluffy sugary gown, but Marisa stood out more for me so she got my vote instead.

15. Flora February 9, 2009 at 20:36 #

I voted for Angelina, purely because it’s something different from what she usually wears, and stood out on the red carpet along the usual long gowns.

I don’t think it was a vintage year for Bafta fashion, though. I agree with other posters that there was nothing really memorable, nothing that made you go “wow!” Last year’s was much more interesting for fashion.

Bored already – bring on the Elle Style Awards tonight!!!

16. celine February 10, 2009 at 00:54 #

Kate Winslet, hands down. STUNNING.

17. Jordan LaDiva February 10, 2009 at 09:56 #

To be honest, none of the dresses worn at the BAFTA Awards had any “Wow” factor affect on me. Some are pretty gowns, but none of them are special. Next award show please…

18. Ahot February 10, 2009 at 10:57 #

marisa;angie;thandie

19. Kiran_Sooknandan February 12, 2009 at 05:43 #

On the view recently, Kate Winlset said her daughther asked her why she wears black all the time. her daugther also told her no one over 10 should wear pink. as her daughter picked out her last oscar dress according to kate, hopefully this means no black at the oscars!

20. Fashion Critic February 12, 2009 at 09:35 #

I read that in the Daily mail and thought not only was it cute, but true.

How insightful for a young girl.