09.02.09 Worst Dressed

2009 Grammy Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
M.I.A is due to give birth any moment, as 8 February was her due date.

Unlike Kimoria Lee Simmons, pregnancy has not soften M.I.A’s style, in fact it has made it a whole lot worse.

I don’t even know where to begin to describe this, but is was created by Manish Arora for his Spring 2009 collection.

Her kicks are GOLA by Christian Lacroix.

Worst Beyonce Impression Award
I should be thankful that Leona Lewis is not wearing tights, but this Randi Rahm nude dress is so 2005 Beyonce.

No original styling here at all.

Worst C-3PO Impression & Over Embellished Award
The embellishments on Paula Abdul’s Basil Soda Spring 2009 yellow pleated gown, reminds me of C-3PO from Star Wars.

The yellow is great on her, but there is too much going on, on her shoulder.

OTT Award
Sadly Kate Beckinsale thought she had arrived at the Oscars.

Yes it’s a really gorgeous Reem Acra gown with a stunning two tone tulle hem, but it’s way too much dress for the Grammy’s. A cute cocktail dress would have been much better.

Still So Desperate Award
This is a perfect cute canary yellow mini for the Grammy’s, but watching Solange Knowles pose on the red carpet, was exhausting. I could smell her desperation from here.

Most Unflattering Award
I love the rose print on Jordin Sparks’ strapless custom made Debra Davenport gown, but it does not flatter her at all.

Maybe I am too used to seeing her legs in a short sassy dresses, because for me, this doesn’t work for her.

180 Award
Just when we thought Paris Hilton had turned a corner in the style stakes, she reverts back to this. Tiny, revealing, trashy.

I had a feeling her good run would end, but just not this soon. She is wearing a Versace Spring 2003 mini.

Space Cadet Award
I am usually a fan of Estelle’s unique style, but this winged space age Bernard Chandran dress with Halston shoes, just leaves me cold.

If she wanted to wear such an edgy dress, why add the big chunky necklace?

A very confusing look.

Worst Black Award
This is two boring black dresses in two days for Duffy.

For someone who started out with a unique style, she certainly has taken several steps back.

Wearing Alberta Ferretti.

CLICK HERE for the Best Dressed.

Source

2009 BAFTA Awards - Best Dressed

2009 BAFTA Awards – Best Dressed

2009 Grammy Awards - Best Dressed

2009 Grammy Awards – Best Dressed

22 Responses to 2009 Grammy Awards – Worst Dressed

1. WendyB February 9, 2009 at 04:07 #

Ha ha! Well, MIA is true to herself. She’s like my idol Coco. She’s just got her own thing going on.

2. Kohl Girl February 9, 2009 at 04:10 #

Your worst dressed list is spot on…I gotta say, MIA’s dress is certainly hideous but its kind of hilarious! Kind of like she is poking fun at all the celebrities that take it soooo seriously!

3. Amy February 9, 2009 at 04:14 #

Solange is wearing a BCBG dress I bought at Nordstrom on clearance over two years ago! Surely she can afford something not from the clearance rack, right? I hate the DIY shortening job, too. It’s supposed to be knee-length and has a crinoline.

4. Moody Crab February 9, 2009 at 05:10 #

Kate: Thank goodness she is not in white. For that she gets 2/10.

Leona: Voice of an angel, dress sense of a granny. Come on?!?! You could have done better.

MIA: Ha! If I was the baby inside you, I will refuse to come into this world with you dressed like that. Pregnancy is not an excuse to look like Ms Dracula with very very bad dress sense.

Paul Abdul: Two words-retire and disappear.

Estelle: I guess she is off a Star Track afterparty.

I’m off to bed. Good Job, FC

5. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 05:42 #

omgg even though its the worst look ever,, i dont think M.I.A. looks that bad. shes pregnant!! what would you expect from her. her due date was today,, so did you really think she was going to show up in 4 inch heels? i dont think soo. and on stage she didnt look bad

6. Ace Azri February 9, 2009 at 05:58 #

the yellow paula abdul dress was nice actually. just remove the load of metals from the shoulder.

7. robbie February 9, 2009 at 06:57 #

M.I.A is shockingly bad.

leona, considering the girl has no personality at all, im not shocked she has no style. shame she is a beautiful girl.

wow we have had leia and now C-3PO, i wonder if paula actually looks in the mirror, but she always seems on happy pills so im sure she doesnt care.

kate, beautiful looking but ugly dress.

solange, i feel so sorry for her, she will never be as good as her sister, such a shame.

jordin, cant stand her at all, and the dress is ugly.

paris, WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY? after i said i loved her style, then bam straight back to trashy, but i hope she goes back to stylish. nice top though, thats what it is to me a top not a dress.

esstelle, another star wars character.

duffy, beautiful girl kinda pretty dress.

8. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 10:15 #

I won’t comment person by person because I agree with everything you said.

And i even agree on Kate Beckinsale, as much as i love her, this is not an appropiate dress for the occassion, plus we’ve seen her in this type of dress million times before. She should really change it, because if she appears at the Oscars in the same dress shape, i’ll go crazy!

Electra.

9. Anne February 9, 2009 at 11:47 #

I actually really like Estelle’s look – she likes edgy styles, and I also think she manages to pull off this silver-spacey look.

10. Ling February 9, 2009 at 12:37 #

Poor Duffy – I’ve seen her wear better outfits on stage! Why was Kate Beckinsale at the Grammy’s, surely she should have been at the Baftas instead?

11. Ruthless MEME February 9, 2009 at 13:11 #

M.I.A……. would be prettier if she had some style… I know she’s Hip-Hop….. but I don’t know what type…….

Paris Hilton looks trampish as usual…….

Solange…….. I try….. I try wit’ her…… no no no……

Kate Beckinsale…… her dress wasn’t bad….. but it was a lil’ too formal for the event……

12. Lady Of Style February 9, 2009 at 13:18 #

According to Us Weekly Duffy’s dress is Alberta Ferretti.

13. Fashion Critic February 9, 2009 at 14:24 #

Anon 04.42

Of course I did not expect her to wear 4ins heels. I am referring to her dress being shockingly bad.

14. Leo February 9, 2009 at 16:39 #

Paula Abdul looks like she came from a Vegas show, a bad cheesy one. What is that? I can’t believe she thinks she looks good like that. Bai Ling would look Elizabeth Taylor level next to that. It’s beyond ugly, it’s going to be up for worst dressed of the millenium.

15. whitestroke February 9, 2009 at 16:55 #

The same thing I said in my previous comment about Freida applies here. Even though Kate Beckinsale’s dress is black and basically the same kind of dress she always wears these days, if she was at the BAFTAs like that she’d be one of the best dressed because the event turned out to be disappointing. Within THIS context, however, she looks completely ridiculous.

Duffy looked way better at some Grammy party in a little red dress. This black is BORING.

16. Cry February 9, 2009 at 17:06 #

This is the dress worn by Paula Abdul: http://myitthings.com/images/posts/600/28200963838p(329×496).gif

17. Meg February 9, 2009 at 17:08 #

I actually love M.I.A’s dress. It’s very her and fun.

18. Cry February 9, 2009 at 17:11 #

This is the dress worn by M.I.A.: http://media.onsugar.com/files/upl1/12/129120/40_2008/55856227.preview.jpg

19. Cry February 9, 2009 at 18:27 #

These are the shoes worn by M.I.A.: http://www.nylonmag.com/modules/magsection/article/uploaded_images/1986_i3_gola_3.jpg

20. The Mariah Carey Fashion Style February 10, 2009 at 05:28 #

What is wrong with Leona’s hair or better, what’s wrong with her hair stylist?! For red carpet’s sake! It looks so dull and boring! If you wanna do big hair, do big hair! Don’t give up half way there!

21. Cry February 11, 2009 at 21:37 #

What about Bai Ling dress: http://previews3.wireimage.com/images/preview/56680586cristucci211200924125PM.jpg
    Her pink bow in unbelievable!!!

22. Junior February 27, 2010 at 13:45 #

NO matter wat Leona Lewis wears she can sing entertain people i mean she may not look the way u lot want her to look but when she does go out and want to look nice she looks really nice
    Look at this picture of her:http://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/11/cnn-leona-lewis.jpg
    or
    or even
    so next time all of you want to look at someone and say that this person has no fashion sence take a look at wat they nomaly wear.
    OK