09.02.09

2009 Grammy Awards Show

It is me or is the Grammy show looking better than the Grammy red carpet?

Gwyneth Paltrow was a surprise at this show, but then considering her husband was up for many awards with his group Coldplay, her appearance then no longer becomes a surprise.

The gorgeous actress surprised me by wearing a stunning gold and silver sequined Versace Spring 2009 strapless mini. Unfortunately she didn’t dare to wear without tights.

I can’t remember her ever wearing Versace.

Her look was complete with strappy sandals and Chopard jewels.

My BFF Queen Latifah wore a custom cobalt blue Gustavo Cadile strapless cocktail dress.

I love the way the fringed detail moves as she walks in her stunning gown, and the ruched bodice give her a gorgeous shape.

STUNNING. Whitney Houston blows me away here.

The legendary singer wore a blue and beige ombre strapless Zuhair Murad Resort 2009 gown. The gown had a floral sequin detail at the waist, and sexy side slit.

I feel another girl crush coming on.

Jennifer Hudson continued to look amazing on stage when she performed You Pulled Me Through, which earned her a standing ovation.

Carrie Underwood performed in a gold sequined pant suit, with a nude sheer overlay.

Not sure what the black harness is for.

Following her performance Carrie changed into another Zuhair Murad dress. This one was a green silk chiffon baby doll bubble dress with floral bodice, and beaded cap sleeves.

Katy Perry performs in a fruit of the loon mini dress.

Another gorgeous pink dress from Katy Perry. This time she wore a pale pink silk chiffon v-front ruffled mini Jenny Packham Spring 2009 dress with crystal waist detail and matching pink heels,

Estelle continued her space age look wearing another Bernard Chandran dress in the press room.

Source

Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta - ACM Awards 2014

Carrie Underwood In Oscar de la Renta – ACM Awards 2014

Runway To The Grammy Awards

Runway To The Grammy Awards

13 Responses to 2009 Grammy Awards Show

1. robbie February 9, 2009 at 06:44 #

gwen looks amazing, shame about the tights though, would have looked so much better without them.

the queen, oh my god she looks amazing as usual. i love that she dresses her curves and looks delicious all the time.

whitney wow! that is a gorgeous dress, absolutely fantastic.

jennifer, is postively stunning, another beautiful women who dresses her curves. cant wait to see a video of her performance on youtube.

katy looks cute, i just wish she would wear her more unique kind of clothes on the red carpet, although maybe not exactly like that outfit.

carrie bores me, im not fond of her trying to be edgy. she has an obsession with zuhair murad, but i cant blame her i suppose he makes gorgeous clothes.

2. robbie February 9, 2009 at 07:04 #

by the way FC if you ever see your BFF again, tell her i love her :P and that she rocks!

3. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 08:43 #

Gwyneth looked gorgeous!
    She wore a Versace dress YEARS ago when she went brunette. It was a gorgeous blue snakeskin print halter gown. I remember it when it was featured in Vogue showing her style through the years.

xx

4. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 08:58 #

LMAO @ BFF you two only talked for 2 minutes. She talks to the press all the time, and they aren’t BFF…

5. boogie February 9, 2009 at 09:29 #

Queen Latifah’s dress is amazing!! I want it!!! :) Queen Latifah looks so good!!

6. Anonymous February 9, 2009 at 10:20 #

Gwyneth Paltrow – OMG, she looks absolutely stunning! Gorgeous dress and hair and makeup, just amazing!

Queen Latifah – amazing dress, but i would love to see her with her hair loose.

Whitney Houston – she definately looks better than the night before when she wore that horrible leopard print.

Jennifer Hudson – she really does look gorgeous, the dress is really good.

Carrie Underwood – can’t say i’m a fan of this one.

Carrie Underwood in Zuhair Murad – stunning. This looks like a short version of the dress Mel B recently wore.

Katy Perry – she was definately the best dressed of the night, on stage or on red carpet, she stunned me in both!

Electra.

7. Cry February 9, 2009 at 10:27 #

Versace’s dress was already worn (without tights) by the italian presenter of the 9th edition of the Big Brother (ALESSIA MARCUZZI): http://www.pourfemme.it/wp-galleryo/alessia-marcuzzi-grande-fratello-9/_bigmarcuzziversacegrandefratello9.jpg

8. Fashion Critic February 9, 2009 at 14:12 #

Anon 07.58. Are you serious? I was very obviously joking. I guess you did not understand the sarcastic tone.

Of course we are not BFFs if we only spoke for 2 mins.

I am always shocked by responses like this.

Wow

9. Leo February 9, 2009 at 16:45 #

I agree with you, the show did bring somethings way better than the red carpet. Talk about a boring red carpet, and it’s the Grammy’s!

Gwyneth looked great on her dress. She shoul’ve lost the tights and showed us her great legs.

Queen Latifah was the best dressed. That dress looked great on her, and I love how it moves.

Whitney overdid the divaness a bit. But she’s so wacky it’s almost too good to be truth.

10. whitestroke February 9, 2009 at 17:24 #

Surprisingly, I love those tights with Gwyneth’s dress and shoes.

Carrie’s Zuhair Murad and Katy’s Jenny Packham dresses are exactly the kind of tacky I can’t stand.

Estelle’s space dress 2.0 is slightly better than her space dress 1.0.

11. Raquel February 10, 2009 at 00:01 #

Queen has never looked that good. Amazing. I like how the fringes gave some movement to the whole look, which is very important when you are a big girl.

12. Jordan LaDiva February 10, 2009 at 10:00 #

When I saw Whitney Houston, I said OMG, I immediately fell in love with that gown, and she looked absolutely fabulous in it as well.

13. Sade February 10, 2009 at 21:38 #

Carrie looked fabulous in Zuhair Murad, that colour on her is perfect and the shoes were great.

I am embellishing a gown right now so J. HUD’s dress for me was heaven and OMG her silhoutte was just stunning!!!

I also loved Estelle performance dress I wish she hadn’t worn that Jetsony gown with the necklace,bUt risk takers are in.

side note: I love Estelle and Keisha Buchanan for makeup tips.