Runway To Vogue Pre-BAFTA Party – Thandie Newton in Blumarine

The BAFTA Awards are about to start in London, and I wanted to save this vision of pure perfection to last.

At the Vogue Pre-BAFTA Party hosted by Vogue editor Alexandra Shulman at Cecconi’s restaurant in London on Friday night, Thandie Newton blew me away looking angelic wearing a pink Blumarine Spring 2009 dress.

The dress was presented as a halter, but Thandie opted to wear it as an off-the-shoulder dress.

Her exquisite look was completed with gold accessories, but she didn’t need those to shine, her inner glow radiated for all to see.

It is only Sunday, and I already a favourite for Best Dressed Of The Week.

Source & Source

Lucy Liu In Antonio Berardi - 'Meena' New York Premiere

Lucy Liu In Antonio Berardi – ‘Meena’ New York Premiere

Runway To The BAFTA Awards - Angelina Jolie in Armani Privé

Runway To The BAFTA Awards – Angelina Jolie in Armani Privé

15 Responses to Runway To Vogue Pre-BAFTA Party – Thandie Newton in Blumarine

1. Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 18:14 #

YES! FC, you and Thandie have made my day! I’ve waited for something like this!

David (overexcited!)

2. Fashion Critic February 8, 2009 at 18:25 #

David, it was truly my pleasure.

That is two for two for Thandie.

Praying she makes it three for three.

Hang on, this is Thandie Newton, I don’t need to pray, she never lets me down.

3. Flora February 8, 2009 at 18:30 #

She looks awesome. I like that she had the confidence to change the style of the dress from the runway to suit her own preference. And the whole look is completely different to the outfit she wore to the Charles Finch party. (Not navy blue, ahem)

Can’t wait to see what she wears tonight. That edgy McQueen dress she wore to last year’s BAFTAs stood out a mile among all the other draped long gowns, and I fully expect to be wowed again.

4. do contra February 8, 2009 at 18:40 #

Flora, grow up!
    Thandie is always beautiful!

5. Fashion Critic February 8, 2009 at 18:43 #

Hey, please don’t fighting. You have made your points.

You can disagree with other comments, but please don’t turn it into a slagging match between yourselves.

6. Moody Crab February 8, 2009 at 18:47 #

Ahhh!!! Thank you FC, you’ve officially made my day!

She looked abosolutely beautiful!

7. Flora February 8, 2009 at 18:52 #

What the- ? What did I say? I said Thandie looks awesome and I was looking forward to seeing what she wore tonight, and made the observation that it was not navy. This was obviously a reference to the discussion on the other thread re: Emma Watson always wearing that colour.

I happen to agree with you that Thandie always looks gorgeous, and I really don’t see how you could have interpreted my comment in any other way.

8. Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 21:13 #

Thandie,please have my children!could she be any more stunning?I love her bafta look tonight as well.

9. Leo February 8, 2009 at 21:31 #

Thandie never lets down. She has such an air of chic about her, I adore this.

10. whitestroke February 8, 2009 at 21:57 #

Off topic – Paris Hilton wore a dress from that collection few days ago, a dress that I liked very much on the runway, and I was really surprised that she pulled it off. I couldn’t find a full length pic of her from that event, though.

What else to say about Thandie?! She can do no wrong.

11. Fashion Critic February 8, 2009 at 22:12 #

Whitestroke, I have been looking for a full length version of that dress for days.

12. nicole February 8, 2009 at 22:53 #

stunning. she is gorgeous as usual.

13. louboutinheels February 8, 2009 at 23:28 #

where can i get this dress?!

a-mazing. stunning!!! she looks soooo good!!!!

def. will be my best dressed for this week!!

CC

14. whitestroke February 9, 2009 at 16:30 #

Same here. If I ever come across it I’ll let you know.

15. drinkupthefashion February 9, 2009 at 20:47 #

she looks simply amazing. i too have a fave for best dressed of the week. but what about freida pinto….sighh…and katy perry?! all these beautiful ladies in pink! how will i choose?!