Runway To The BAFTA Awards – Angelina Jolie in Armani Privé

As predicted it’s a cold and rainy night in London.

The red carpet E! show was a complete wash out, as all the stars walked the red carpet carrying umbrella’s to keep dry.

The pictures are very slowly coming in, so here is a first look at Angelina Jolie wearing Armani Privé Spring 2009.

Angelina is one of those stars you can never predict, but I was pleasantly surprised with her choice.

The strapless dress had a neon yellow lining, to take Angelina away from being in just black, the calf length was also interesting, as was the fold detail on the bodice.

She wore the dress better than it appeared on the runway, so she will definitely make my best dressed list.

Source & Source

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

Menswear Midweek Red Carpet Roundup

2009 BAFTA Awards - Worst Dressed

2009 BAFTA Awards – Worst Dressed

14 Responses to Runway To The BAFTA Awards – Angelina Jolie in Armani Privé

1. Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 20:39 #

You’re right, the weather blew it. Angie surprised me by wearing an Armani dress that’s actually fitted. Judged by the few pics I saw (Kate, Penélope etc), it’s an all-black affair, and refined straps are THE trend at the BAFTAs. Except, of course, for your beloved Freida, who opted for candy hues.

David

2. robbie February 8, 2009 at 20:41 #

hmm its nice, i guess its better than all black. i do love the splash of yellow gives it more life i suppose.

cant wait to see kate.

3. Flora February 8, 2009 at 20:50 #

I’m not sure I like it, exactly, but it’s definitely different and a lot more adventurous than some of her recent choices. It’s great to see her wearing a nice bright colour too. Penelope and Kate are both wearing black again, so it’s nice that one of them is wearing something with some pizzazz.

Shame about the weather, though. It always ruins the photos when the star is carrying a giant umbrella instead of a nice little clutch bag.

4. Ling February 8, 2009 at 20:56 #

Hoorah! Angelina finally wears something that doesn’t look like a potato sack! You’re right, she looks much better than the model. Looking forward to seeing everyone else!

5. Anonymous February 8, 2009 at 20:59 #

angelina is always amazing!

6. freida lover February 8, 2009 at 21:13 #

decent choice. i like the splash of colour. its different for her. shes moving in the right direction as long as she doesnt wear another sack dress. brad looks pretty daper as well :)

Nicole

7. whitestroke February 8, 2009 at 22:05 #

This is actually good. I’m surprised how much I love this. Maybe because I’m so disappointed with most of the others, but Angelina really stood out to me tonight.

8. Dorian Gray February 8, 2009 at 22:10 #

I hoped she’d wear Versace :-(

9. mish February 8, 2009 at 22:14 #

This looks suspiciously like a longer version of that black and white dress Anne Hathaway wore a few weeks back, or are my eyes deceiving me?

10. Fashion Critic February 8, 2009 at 22:32 #

Mish, I know what you mean because I thought the same thing for a second. Anne’s dress was Ferre.

11. gemini 1127 February 8, 2009 at 22:43 #

love it! finally not in ALL black or ALL white, so pretty!

12. Ace Azri February 9, 2009 at 06:07 #

oh my angie.
    how gorgeous are u i see.
    hahaha..and now someone can finally stop saying that she wear dresses that look way too maternal and mumsy.
    i love angie no questions ask =))

13. Leo February 9, 2009 at 17:10 #

Is this touch of yelloow a hint we might see her in a bright colour soon? I hope so!

I love that she’s not wearing another loose fitting dress.

14. Anissa February 9, 2009 at 18:21 #

I’m confused…I thought you said she’d make your best dressed list, yet she isn’t listed? Did you change your mind?