2009 BAFTA Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
There was a time when I used to worship the red carpet that Marion Cotillard walked on.

Now, not so much.

The face of Dior really disappoints in this lackluster black and white satin Christian Dior Spring 2009 Couture dress, and her hair is just as bad.

WHAT??? Black Again & DeJa Vu Award
This awards season Penelope Cruz has worn black to nearly every event excluding the nude Armani dress she wore to the Golden Globes.

Like the SAG Awards Penelope is wearing a haltered black velvet Azzedine Alaia gown with Chopard jewels.

I am so over her in black it’s unbelievable.

Worst Black Award
Who knew Dior could look this bad?

Gemma Arterton managed to make Dior look really bad, when she walked the red carpet tonight.

I love the single embellished shoulder and the Prada heels, but the ridiculous posing, and that tasseled has to stop.

Where Is The Colour? Award

Katherine Jenkins was the one person I would have relied upon to bring some colour to the red carpet tonight, but she let me down.

The dress is just blah, as is her hairstyle. Very uncharacteristic for the singer.

Too Much Fou Fou Award
Alesha Dixon was the host of E! Live from the Red Carpet. She did a good job considering the hellish conditions, but for a presenter her dress was too big.

A presenter is not supposed to stand out so much, which will explain why she did not get to interviews many stars.

Her dress is not to be confused with the similar Marchesa Fall 2008 gown. I believe hers is by Giovanni.

Click here for the Best Dressed.

Source & Source

18 thoughts on “2009 BAFTA Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Flora

I completely agree with you, FC. It looks almost interchangeable from the one she wore to the SAGs, and is very, very boring.

In fact, checking back, it looks like she hasn’t worn a bright colour on the red carpet since November 2007. Maybe she is in mourning?!

2. robbie

agreed with you, its terrible.

FC if you find a picture of kylie, could you please feature her, pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeee, she looked so beautiful.

3. Jules O'Connell

Oh lord, black seems to be the color of the night – AGAIN
    a boring but curve-hugging Gemma doesn’t make it any better
    I can’t decide whether Freida looks cute or like she bathed in candy floss
    *lesigh*
    waiting for more… ;)

4. Eli

Seriously? What was she thinking? This is essentially the exact same dress she wore to the SAG Awards with the exception of a different neckline. Penelope used to be one of my favorite women to watch on the red carpet. Her choices were dramatic and daring. What happened? It’s like someone sucked the life out of her fashion identity. Penelope: FIRE YOUR STYLIST IMMEDIATELY!

5. Anonymous

I see.. Usually, I would applaud her aim to keep it cool, but since she wore a quite similar gown to the SAG awards, it’s a bit difficult. Otherwise, I have nothing against her dress, and her earrings are very nice, too. Even her hair looks kind of acceptable.
    Kate’s look is more than repetitive. I’ve read somewhere her dress was by Zac Posen, but the silhouette is shockingly similar to the Nariso Rodriguez gown she wore exactly 2 weeks ago. And – what a CHANGE! – it’s black, not blue!!

David

6. nina

no no i cant belive it, what happend, did someone die cause it sure looks like it by the way shes dressing these days. Im dissapointed beyond belif, Penelope used to be belle of the ball, now shes just blah.

7. Ling

How on earth could Gemma stand like that without falling over?? She’s only 22 but that dress makes her look much older.

8. Anonymous

I’ll never understand why black is so often on the red carpet, it’s like they don’t want to shine on the red carpet.

No matter how good a black dress is, no matter the details, it just won’t look good on pictures.

I like Angelina’s dress because it atleast has some colour on it and it makes it look good, but full back dresses are always a big no-no for me.

There were times when Penelope took risks at the red carpet, sadly those days are long gone.

Electra.

9. Flora

What is that… thing on the side of Gemma’s dress? It looks like a glittery tail, only stuck on the side inside of the back. Was she on her way to star in a production of Cats?

The more I look at it, the more I don’t understand what is going on with that dress. A polo neck? With t-shirt length sleeves? Ankle length? You say this is DIOR? My God!

Every single thing about this dress is horrible, and completely wrong for the BAFTAs to boot. At least that purple mullet thing she wore for the Bond premiere had some oomph to it, this is just plain weird.

10. nicole

she was so amazing in the movie and deserves all the awards so its sad to see her in this sameblack look. shes a stunning woman and she can probably pull off a lot more looks compared to some other celebs.

i dont know who Gemma is but that dress is super unflattering and wrond all around.

Nicole

11. whitestroke

In the battle of the Boring between Kate and Penelope, for me Kate wins. I find her even more boring tonight. I’m so over expecting anything from Penelope anymore, too. Yeah, it was all black except the Golden Globes, and that Armani dress was actually THE worst. SAG and this pretty much the same damn thing. *rolls eyes* Kate’s dress is also not only black and boring, but so much alike the Narciso dress from SAG awards. Actually, Penelope, Kate and Amy Adams are basically wearing the same kind of dress, except with different tops.

Gemma – what can I say, I’m already signing her up for the Worst Dressed of the Year list.

12. whitestroke

Marion’s dress is Christian Dior Spring 2009 Couture. I am absolutely horrified by how cheap and uninteresting she makes it look. What the hell happened to her anyway?! She was the hottest thing on the red carpet this time last year, then she went downhill from there.

Poor Alesha seems to think she’s at the Grammys. Those gloves! *shudders*

13. robbie

i think katherines dress is by jenny packham, it looks so similar to one ive seen before.

they are allllllllllllll blah.

14. Leo

Gemma Arterton looks like a witch from a bad movie, I hated it. She’s the worst to me.

I almost like Marion Cotillard, the shape of the dress is fantastic. It worked so well in the runway, such a shame it did not work that much with her.

15. Anonymous

B lister telly queen Keeley Hawes takes the prize for worst dressed.

Her borrowed sport coat from her husband didn’t even fit. Not classy at all but then again she is not used to such events as Film BAFTA’s.