Who Wore Versace Better? Gisele Bundchen or Mar Saura

Kimora Lee Simmons once made a statement that no one should wear something from the runway, which has been worn by supermodel Carmen Kass (pictured below), because you will just look stupid/second best.

For me this statement also applies to Gisele Bundchen, but Spanish actress Mar Saura, wore the same pink satin plunging neck Versace Fall 2008 gown to the Goya Awards, which Giselse had worn to the Costume Institute Gala last May.

My chin hit my keyboard when I first saw Gisele in this dress, and she also made my Top 10 dresses of 2008, so it’s very easy to say that she wins this for me.

Source & Source

Runway To "Fanboys" Screening - Kristen Bell in Jenni Kayne

Runway To "Fanboys" Screening – Kristen Bell in Jenni Kayne

Runway To The Berlin Film Festival Opening Ceremony - Tilda Swinton in Thakoon & Balenciaga

Runway To The Berlin Film Festival Opening Ceremony – Tilda Swinton in Thakoon & Balenciaga

10 Responses to Who Wore Versace Better? Gisele Bundchen or Mar Saura

1. Ace Azri February 6, 2009 at 09:18 #

not even a contest in my opinion

2. Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 12:38 #

hello
    i reaaly prefer the red version of this dress worn by the libanese signer Haifa Wehbe you can find this dress on http://www.haifafashions.blogspot.com
    i hope that i gonna see the dress on your blog
    bye

3. Nino's Mum February 6, 2009 at 13:55 #

Linked you up on a post I did on Freida Pinto here:

cheers,
    aditi

4. robbie February 6, 2009 at 16:14 #

gisele all thw way, mar saura ruins it with her boobs, they are too big for this dress.

plus gisele looks elegant, but mar looks silly.

LOL & kimoras statement, this comes from the women who always looks stupid/second best on the red carpet.

5. Leo February 6, 2009 at 16:42 #

Gisel, no doubt.

6. Janie February 6, 2009 at 17:27 #

Oooooo silver. Me like silver.

7. drinkupthefashion February 6, 2009 at 19:32 #

carmen kass actually wears it best for me. she’s so beautiful. i love everything about her.

8. Parvati February 7, 2009 at 01:45 #

I didn’t really like Giselle’s look. I think it’s probably the hairstyle that ruined it for me. Although (just like in Olivia Molina’s case with Anne Hathaway’s Azzaro dress) I dislike that the dress was worn again on the red-carpet, I much prefer Mar Saura’s hairstyle and I think she fills the dress better than Giselle. But I agree that Carmen Kass looks gorgeous in it, too!

9. Ruthless MEME February 7, 2009 at 11:36 #

Giselle….. no contest……

10. desaraev December 8, 2012 at 20:25 #

The dress on the right is too long for her. The dress on the left either she is pregnant and shouldn’t be wearing that or looks like she has the start of a bump and their boobs are hanging out the sides. I love the satin and they are certainly skinny and tall enough to pull it off but its not a dress I envy by any means. Everyone has their own opinion but this isn’t ballroom elegant or chic just very beautiful material on gorgeous scantily clad women.