Tila Swinton is in Berlin for the 59th Film Festival.

Last night she took the red carpet for the opening ceremony, and quite frankly I was horrified.

I love Tilda Swinton, she is a Brit, and a risk taker on the red carpet, but this Thakoon Spring 2009 nude gown is horrendous on her.

She never wears shapely clothes, so that’s not the main problem, the problem is the colour.

Nude is the colour of Spring 2009, but this gown totally washes her out. If it weren’t for the ruffles and the pleats, I would have thought she was naked.

This is not the adventurous Tilda I know. This is quite a safe, simple route for her.

Maybe because she is a jury member at this festival, she decided to dial down her edgy side. I say bring it back IMMEDIATELY. Rodarte, Givenchy, Lanvin, Dior…put a call into them now Tilda.

Natalie Portman was a jury member at Cannes last year, and her red carpet look excelled in wonderful Lanvin dresses, so being a jury member should not = boring.

Oh and that’s not the worst part. Just look at what she wore to the photocall, earlier in the day. I wouldn’t wear this Balenciaga Pre-Fall 2009 dress, but it doesn’t look as bad on the model, as it does on Tilda.

I crying inside, this really hurts. I hope she improves as the festival goes on.

If she turns up at the BATFAs on Sunday wearing something equally horrendous, I don’t know if I would be very disappointed.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Soruce
Who Wore Versace Better? Gisele Bundchen or Mar Saura

Who Wore Versace Better? Gisele Bundchen or Mar Saura

More Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009

More Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009

11 Responses to Runway To The Berlin Film Festival Opening Ceremony – Tilda Swinton in Thakoon & Balenciaga

1. Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 11:44 #

She has her style. It’s not always good, but i respect her for being unique and brave for wearing something that no-one would wear.

Electra.

2. Bunny February 6, 2009 at 11:48 #

That Thakoon dress would be really beautiful on the right person, but I agree that it totally washes her out. She looks like a giant Band-Aid!

The Balenciaga is just ok. She could have accessorized better, i think the clutch and shoes don’t go so well as an ensemble. The color pallet is all a bit off and it makes her look mumsy.

I love her as an actress and I usually admire her boldness on the red carpet. I do sometimes wish she would just put on a bit of lippy and some eyeliner to highlight her wonderful and unique features.

3. whitestroke February 6, 2009 at 15:35 #

Agreed on both accounts. She’s president of the jury, so she’ll probably attend most of the premieres this week. Which can be a good thing, hoping that she makes up for it, or a bad thing, if we end up with a whole series of bad choices.

4. robbie February 6, 2009 at 16:11 #

i have to disagree, i think that balenciaga dress looks ugly on the model, but on tilde it looks really good.

thew thakoon dress is okay but nothing special.

5. Rimini February 6, 2009 at 16:32 #

The Thakoon dress would have been lovely in another color but the Balenciaga is DREADFUL, it looks like something from BHS!!!

6. Leo February 6, 2009 at 16:36 #

I did like the Balenciaga on her, maybe if she had some better make up there it would work better but still I think it fits her style well.

The first dress makes her look like she’s playing a ghost in a movie and walked from the set to the red carpet. Tragic.

7. Janie February 6, 2009 at 17:26 #

Tilda Swinton is scary man(shudders)just like the ice-queen.

8. Alicia February 6, 2009 at 18:03 #

I completely agree with you–that Balenciaga dress just doesn’t work on her, although honestly–I think it’s pretty boring on the runway too, at least for Balenciaga. It sort of looks like dresses you can find here in San Francisco for $25 in the hippie part of town.

And I think the Thakoon can really only work on someone with a much darker complexion.

9. Sarah February 7, 2009 at 02:19 #

Beautiful lady, but I have to agree those dresses are a disaster on her.
    I can’t really think of anyone the Balenciaga one would look good on, actually…

10. Sade February 7, 2009 at 05:05 #

I dunno really about her, she always seems to dress like she could care less. maybe thats her personal style because most of the gowns I have seen her in seem to fight against her. And she is such a beautiful striking woman and actress.

Lord send her a stylist.

11. Liz January 6, 2010 at 13:39 #

Yuk Yuk Yuk! .. neither of these outfits look any good, what was she thinking! .. With a shape such as hers, she could almost wear anything .. except what she wore here .. both shapeless bags, both not her colour … oh dear!