06.02.09 Advertising

More Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009

I much prefer the newer pictures of Katie Holmes for Miu Miu. Which makes me wonder why they released the worst one first.

The clothes are better, and she has more life in her cat eyes.

Miu Miu said that the inspiration behind the campaign, was set out to portray Katie Holmes as ‘a luminous icon radiating a sense of mystery and theatricality.’

Although these pictures are better, I still don’t think – as young Katie is – that she fits the Miu Miu brand. When I think of Miu Miu I think of young, quirky and Chloe Sevigny.

The photography was done by Mert Alas & Marcus Piggott.

imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com imagebam.com

Source
Runway To The Berlin Film Festival Opening Ceremony - Tilda Swinton in Thakoon & Balenciaga

Runway To The Berlin Film Festival Opening Ceremony – Tilda Swinton in Thakoon & Balenciaga

Barneys Warehouse Sale

Barneys Warehouse Sale

13 Responses to More Katie Holmes For Miu Miu Spring 2009

1. Vania February 6, 2009 at 13:16 #

I really love this shoot..I think here Katie is so sexy…

2. Vera February 6, 2009 at 13:28 #

This Miu Miu collection is awesome.

An the shoot is great. Very beautiful and interesting.

3. boogie February 6, 2009 at 14:16 #

she looks good!! I love the shoes!! <3 <3

4. Rock*Star February 6, 2009 at 15:20 #

She looks realy good :)
    Love the theme.
    Her hairstyle looks a lot like Victoria Beckham.

5. whitestroke February 6, 2009 at 15:40 #

Looks much better as a whole. I love this collection, the last shoes are gorgeous. I just don’t understand that Katie shot this campaign with all these amazing clothes and styling, and yet she didn’t seem to pick upon anything to improve her latest red carpet appearances. Why wouldn’t she wear some of those dresses? That’d be cool.

6. Rimini February 6, 2009 at 16:28 #

I feel u about Katie Howeva I much prefer her to Vanessa Pardis or even Kristen Dunst! I love Miumiu and the also have the best SA’s in London! Shout out to Sonia! LOL!

7. Leo February 6, 2009 at 16:32 #

Love ths shoes, hate the girl. Don’t like this at all, she seems so out of the context, it does not work.

8. antoneLLina February 6, 2009 at 17:21 #

i really love katie holmes, but i don’t know why i don’t like this shoot at all. yes, i think that she is wonderful, sexy and the style of the shoot is amazing, but…..i feel that something is missing!
    i prefer the kirsten dunts miu miu shoot, even if i like much more katie as women!

9. Nik February 6, 2009 at 17:24 #

I so agree with you FC! Mui Mui has a younger market, like Chloe or Zac Posen. Katie Holmes, these days, is trying to be a chic mom– which I don’t think is their target audience.

Wasen’t there rumors a while back that other models were suppose to be in the “background” of this campaign but didn’t end up in the final ads?

10. Janie February 6, 2009 at 17:25 #

I’m sorry but I really think Katie has about as much sex appeal as a wooden draining board.

11. robbie February 6, 2009 at 18:10 #

hmmm its pokay, nothing special. i do wish she would show more expression in her face, she looks the same in each picture.

personally i love ad campaigns that make me want to rob a bank in order to buy everything, sadly this doesnt even make me excited.

12. drinkupthefashion February 6, 2009 at 19:28 #

my favorite one of her is when she’s doing that quirky little half smile. the colors look great around her. i want that dress!

13. Ruthless MEME February 7, 2009 at 11:35 #

She looks so much younger here….. she should stick to this look……