06.02.09 Premiere

"Confessions Of A Shopaholic" New York Premiere

Isla Fisher wore a sexy strapless Matthew Williamson Pre-Fall 2009 dress, with a graphic multi-coloured print, and beaded detailing around the waist and pockets.

She wore her dress with mint green peep-toe heels, and large statement earrings.

The dress is very similar in style, to the Spring 2009 peachy dress which model Anja Rubik wore.

I do like Claire Danes’ Zac Posen Pre-Fall 2009 spaghetti strapped printed dress, with a fringed hem, but her hair and the make-up, really let her down.

Her pretty face is lost under a such a bad hairstyle. I’m not sure what happened with the make-up, but she has had much better days on the red carpet.

Krysten Ritter opted for a purple bubble hem, and pleated cap sleeved Sonia by Sonia Rykiel mini dress.

Leslie Bibb shimmered in a silver 3/4 length sleeved dress, with matching pumps.

Who knew writers were so fashion forward. Some how I can’t see JK Rowling wearing this.

Sophie Kinsella – who’s books you must have read – arrived wearing a black and white stripped Alexander McQueen column dress, with padded angular shoulders.

She completed her look with a red and black Union Jack McQueen clutch and black peep-toes.

Wendie Malick bravely opted for a very masculine 3 piece suit. Too masculine.

Source & Source

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro - '24: Live Another Day'

Yvonne Strahovski In Emanuel Ungaro – ’24: Live Another Day’

Runway To Red Carpet - End Of The Week Round Up

Runway To Red Carpet – End Of The Week Round Up

21 Responses to "Confessions Of A Shopaholic" New York Premiere

1. breathless.magazine February 6, 2009 at 15:05 #

im pretty sure that purple dress on Krysten Ritter is Sonia by Sonia Rykiel and not Zac Pozen cause i tried it on last week
    but maybe im wrong

see at http://cltreanor.blogspot.com/2009/01/me-in-sonia-rekiel.html

2. Fashion Critic February 6, 2009 at 15:08 #

you are right. I just found it. Thanks.

3. Flora February 6, 2009 at 15:10 #

Except that an Alexander McQueen suit and shoes was EXACTLY what JK Rowling wore to receive her Legion of Honour award from Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris this week! So not so frumpy as you think, obviously!

4. Fashion Critic February 6, 2009 at 15:13 #

Flora, who said JK Rowling was frumpy? Because I didn’t.

I said I see her wearing THIS DRESS. Calm down. Geez.

5. rox February 6, 2009 at 15:30 #

I absolutely loved Isla Fisher’s dress, very chic. Hope you’ll put it on to best dressed of the week!

6. whitestroke February 6, 2009 at 15:53 #

There is something wrong going on with Claire’s eye makeup that makes her look so weird. o_O

Leslie’s dress is by Calvin Klein. And if I’m not mistaken, Rose Byrne wore that same dress at the CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund event back in November.

7. WendyB February 6, 2009 at 15:59 #

I covet the Zac Posen.

8. Rimini February 6, 2009 at 16:22 #

Love the Mc.Queen dress! Howeva the bits of the movie preview ive seen I do not like the fashion! Isla looks like a walking add for accesorize! May its just me mais je n’aime pas!!!

9. Leo February 6, 2009 at 16:39 #

Isla looks barbie-plastic, like she came out of “Mean Girls”. I don’t nothing about her here.

Sophie Kinsella is the best dressed here. Who would’ve guessed? I love her clutch.

And I guess Claire Danes’ make-up\hair person is on vacation and she let some kid do it for her. That eye make up is so small girl in her ballet recital.

10. Janie February 6, 2009 at 17:23 #

Loving that silver dress. I have a thing about silver at the momment.

11. Nikki February 6, 2009 at 17:42 #

Somehow, Isla Fischer’s dress and posture reminds me of Dakota Fanning.

I love Claire Danes’ dress, but her makeup is too harsh for her features.

I also like the color of Krysten Ritter’s dress on her. It looks good against her pale skin and dark hair

12. Anonymous February 6, 2009 at 18:12 #

I love Isla Fisher…I seriously think she’s the next Reese Witherspoon but this look is doing her no favours

Sophie Kinsella is Best dressed!
    and FC you are totally right about
    I would only see Candice Bushnell as the other author wearing a dress like this!

13. drinkupthefashion February 6, 2009 at 19:22 #

isla looks fab but krysten ritter really jumpa out at me here. she wears purple so well. she must be really tall because her body and legs look so long. and the hair and makeup was perfecto.

i have to see this movie. i read the whole series, and loved it. need. to. see. it…soon!

14. Lila February 6, 2009 at 20:02 #

YaY..finally this movie is coming out!!! I’ve been waiting for this to happen for a long time, having loved sooo much the books it is based on! I’m not surprised by Sophie Kinsella being a fashionista; her books are about fashion so i supposed she must have known a bit about it and, thank God, here it shows! I love Becky..eeer..Isla Fisher here. Her earrings are beautiful and the dress is really cute even though i slightly prefer the vibrant colours of the one Anja’s wearing.
    Krysten Ritter’s look is just adorable..maybe the choice of the shous could have been better though. As for Leslie Bibb i must say that she’s “aging” wonderfully! I loved her hair and her smile back in her “Popular” days; the first unfortunately changed, the second thankfully didn’t, in fact she is looking gorgeous here!

15. Lauren February 6, 2009 at 20:27 #

Wow Krysten Ritter looks so gorgeous here! That dress is too die for! The colour suits her so well

16. Flora February 6, 2009 at 23:11 #

Er… it was a joke. I suppose these things don’t translate in print unless you put one of those annoying smileys after them or write LOL in capitals with a million exclamation marks. Oh, and no, I haven’t read the books. Life is waaaaaaaaaaay too short.

17. Mr. M February 7, 2009 at 09:08 #

i’ve seen the movie yesterday
    it’s not bad
    pretty funny but the cloths inside…nah
    they can do so much better

18. Vanessa Simmons February 8, 2009 at 05:47 #

Isla Fisher looks fantastic and sexy with her dress, it fits her beautiful face.. I’m starting to like her now..

19. whitestroke February 8, 2009 at 16:48 #

Eva Longoria wore that peachy version of Matthew Williamson dress (previously worn by Zoe Kravitz!) at some event yesterday. Not sure exactly which one. There are so many events on Wireimage in the last few days that I completely lost track.

20. Fashion Critic February 8, 2009 at 17:11 #

there is so much going on, but I am just going to concentrate on the baftas and grammys and catch up with the rest on monday/tuesday.

21. Laurentron February 12, 2012 at 13:53 #

WOAH! That 3 piece is freaking hot! iwould wear the hell out of an outfit like that!