Sarah Jessica Parker For Harper’s Bazaar US March 2009

Everyone’s favourite native New Yorker, Sarah Jessica Parker, graces the March 2009 cover of Harper’s Bazaar US. On the cover she is wearing a stunning white Versace gown, which I really would have loved to have seen full-length in the editorial.

In the magazine SJP talks about the launch of her new fragrance, her public persona and of course, fashion.

On the acronym, SJP: “I just don’t have any real sense of my public persona. I don’t know what people think of me, if they think of me at all.”

On New Yorks Sex and the City bus tour: “Ah, yes, I run into it. There are times when it’s totally terrific, and there are times when I’m like, Oh, God, I’d better run in the other direction. Especially when I’m with my son.”

On fashion: “I don’t have the Carrie Bradshaw passion and devotion to it, but I would much prefer that life would allow for a beautiful shoe all day long. To stand in Mr. de la Renta’s atelier and have him build a dress on you, that is amazing.”

On her Balmain dress: “That dress was really good. I love what [designer Christophe Decarnin] is doing. It’s kind of ’80s, but it’s superfitted and tailored. I can’t wear all that stuff, I’m too old, but with the jacket shoulder he did…he’s kind of the male version of L’Wren Scott right now.”

On her Alexander McQueen smoke print dress: “McQueen is incredible. I actually had to cut myself out of that dress that night. My husband was out of town, so I was alone when I got home, and I couldn’t unzip it. So…[wincing]…I got out the scissors.”

Personally I would have slept in the dress until he came back home. I couldn’t take scissors to any garment like that. *shudders*

Source & Source
25 Comments
In Victoria Beckham's Closet - Valextra White Bag

In Victoria Beckham’s Closet – Valextra White Bag

Runway To "Fanboys" Screening - Kristen Bell in Jenni Kayne

Runway To "Fanboys" Screening – Kristen Bell in Jenni Kayne

25 Responses to Sarah Jessica Parker For Harper’s Bazaar US March 2009

1. Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 17:03 #

The cover picture is too airbrushed, i really hate what they’re doing with people’s faces, they look like robots, not humans. It’s getting too far.

I like the editorial, but i agree, i would have loved a full shot of the Valentino dress too.

Electra.

2. Priti February 5, 2009 at 18:07 #

Hey FC,

Why was SJP asked abt the two dresses specifically. There were numerous other amazing dresses that she wore last year..so Iw as wondering any special reason for these two?

XOXO

3. Ahot February 5, 2009 at 18:57 #

Well, i bet McQueen won’t give her any of his creations so soon. She just don’t show enough respect for hiswork.
    She surely got this dress for free!

4. Moody Crab February 5, 2009 at 19:05 #

The D&G, Ferragamo and Versace dresses are BEAUTIFUL!!!! Absolutely beautiful.

I would gladly marry an old billionaire just to be able to dress like that everyday!!! Lord have mercy!

Moody Crab

5. boogie February 5, 2009 at 19:07 #

Too bad there is no full-length photo of the versace dress!!! I love those versace hearts!!! <3

6. Leo February 5, 2009 at 19:30 #

This looks messy to me. The cover picture does not fit with the rest of the shoot, and also I don’t get what vibe they were going for with the pictures. Is it mexican style decadent society lady? Ugh!

7. A*mused February 5, 2009 at 19:33 #

OMG those Versace hearts have a rapid effect on MY heart! I think i may have to indulge myself with a <3 post!

I totally would have slept in the alexander mcQ too!! crazy crazy….

also, she is practically unrecognisable on that cover, much too much unnecessary alterations happening there.

Exx

8. freida lover February 5, 2009 at 19:34 #

the versace dress is stunning love the details.

Nicole

9. Lizza February 5, 2009 at 21:04 #

This woman is not attractive. Plain as that. Something about her is very grating, I don’t know. I really cannot stand her. The cover is nothing special, and the second photo is ridiculous. I absolutely cannot stand when people are so praised for things that they do not have. She is overdone, completely.

10. Sarah February 5, 2009 at 21:28 #

Gorgeous shoot! I love how they combined the Michael Kors jumpsuit!

11. pox February 5, 2009 at 21:47 #

I miss Carrie… I think I’ll start watching SATC again, for the 7th time. It will never grow old.
    Just fancy new series with new fabulous dresses from our times, from the latest Paris Fashion week for example.

12. Anne February 5, 2009 at 21:48 #

I agree with you Leo – I don’t get the connection and the overall idea between the shots..

And I do not like the Michael Kors photo at all :/ Much prefer the Ferragamo then.

13. Moi February 5, 2009 at 22:10 #

Yeah I love the Versace dress too

14. 00o00 February 6, 2009 at 01:28 #

*gulp* she cuts the dress! i agree she should have slept in that dress, i think victoria beckham would have done so!

15. Fashion Critic February 6, 2009 at 01:32 #

Oh without question.

16. Raquel February 6, 2009 at 02:01 #

The hairdo in these pictures isn’t flattering at all…

17. Nik February 6, 2009 at 08:56 #

Does anyone else think she looks matronly here?

She reminds me of Daiana Vreeland in the Michael Kors pic.

18. FelipeA February 6, 2009 at 09:39 #

Why do celebrity editorials in Harper’s Bazaar always look so awkward, and cheesy, and amateurish? I don’t get it

19. Nik February 6, 2009 at 17:29 #

I guess this really is an homage to Anna Wintour’s predecessor, the divine Diana Vreeland:

Wow, this is new. A celebrity actually wants to look older.

20. Janie February 6, 2009 at 17:30 #

SJP thats just barbaric! Talk about more money than sense!!!!!!!Jeeez

21. drinkupthefashion February 6, 2009 at 20:02 #

i don’t like this shoot. i only like the cover, she looks really pretty on it.

can’t believe she cut the mcqueen dress…

22. Flora February 6, 2009 at 23:23 #

The Kors picture is particularly horrible. She looks like a 50-something divorcee on a skiing holiday in Yugoslavia in about 1983. And what the hell is that hair about? Was Harpers’ hairdresser off sick that week? Dreaadful all round.

23. Olamujer February 7, 2009 at 05:55 #

Sarah Jessica Parker, en la edición de marzo es la portada de Harper’s Bazaar US. En ella lleva un impresionante vestido blanco de Versace. También posa para el interior de la editorial con un YSL,con un Salvatore Ferragamo, y con un Dolce & Gabbana. En la entrevista, habla entre algunas otras cosas sobre el lanzamiento de su nueva fragancia, de moda y de su personaje público.

24. Tina February 7, 2009 at 18:26 #

There is something really wrong with the cover picture. Its not airbrushed, its totally distorted and modified to make it look like “un-Sarah”.

25. Sophie July 9, 2009 at 22:19 #

I’m not positive, and it may be my computer, but both the links for the Alexander Mcqueen dress, and the Balmain, led to the first dress.