05.02.09

Freida Pinto Shops At Oscar de la Renta

Yesterday Freida Pinto was spotted leaving the Oscar de la Renta store in New York. She was with her stylish George Kotsiopoulos, who was carrying the distinctive blue and white Oscar de la Renta garment cover, with what looks like many gowns.

The BAFTA Awards take place this Sunday, were Slumdog Millionaire is up for Best Film, Best British Film, and Freida is up for Best Supporting Actress.

Here are my picks for her gowns. The top row is from the Spring 2009 collection, and the bottom the 2009 Pre-Fall collections.

I wouldn’t normally advocate a re-run, but Barbara Bush’s gown was not worn to a high profile event, and it would be perfect on Freida.

You will notice that their are no puffy Oscar de la Renta ballgowns on this wish list. That’s because Freida has such a tiny frame, that I feel a ballgown will engulf her.

Besides that, a ballgown would be better suited to a sun shiny Californian day at the Oscars, than what will no doubt be, a cold and rainy evening in London at the BAFTAs.

What would be your picks?

Source & Source

Kate Hudson In Osman & RVN - Out In New York City

Kate Hudson In Osman & RVN – Out In New York City

Runway To Red Carpet - End Of The Week Round Up

Runway To Red Carpet – End Of The Week Round Up

14 Responses to Freida Pinto Shops At Oscar de la Renta

1. Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 11:15 #

I think for the BAFTA’s I would choose something bright from the Resort 2009 collection, so either your first pick or possibly this one:
    or I would go back to fall 2008 and choose a rich purple like these two:

Lexa

2. Fashion Critic February 5, 2009 at 11:38 #

I love your last two choices, esp the velvet.

3. boogie February 5, 2009 at 11:48 #

I love all dresses, they are gorgeous!!! the firts choice is amazing! I see her wearing a light color!!

4. Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 13:42 #

I always like almost all Oscar de la Renta clothes, so she can do no wrong, i hope.

Out of the ones you posted, i like the “already worn” one the most, followed by that gorgeous white dress.

Electra.

5. Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 15:13 #

What is the brand name of these dresses?

6. Fashion Critic February 5, 2009 at 15:34 #

Oscar de la Renta

7. Freida lover February 5, 2009 at 18:28 #

love the picks. I would go for the
    Bush one or the one with the bow which I think is really cute! The last one at the bottom is my fav love the 2 tone! Great choices fc as long as she doesn’t wear that ugly colour from the globes I’m good..

Nicole

8. whitestroke February 5, 2009 at 19:21 #

Ahhh your First Choice is the other dress of those two I ‘picked for myself’. ;) I love colors and prints when done right/not tacky, and Oscar always delivers. I’d love for Freida to wear it, if I can’t have it. LOL

9. Moi February 5, 2009 at 22:16 #

Cool! I want to do some picks too. I like yours, I would hope she would wear some bright colors too.

10. Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 23:14 #

I ADORE the first dress and now I want it more than life…but I also really, really like the 2nd dress worn by Barbara Bush — gorgeous!
    And the 3rd dress is also quite lovely…I have a new love for Oscar de la Renta that’s for sure!

11. whitestroke February 6, 2009 at 14:19 #

Anon 19:57, the second dress you picked is one of my all time favorites of Oscar de la Renta. :) I know the color is quite risky, I probably wouldn’t be able to pull it off, but it’d look great against Freida’s skin tone.

12. Fashion Critic February 6, 2009 at 14:26 #

I agree whitestroke, it would look great against her skintone.

13. Parvati February 7, 2009 at 01:37 #

I like the 3rd dress on the first row, I love the colour.