Social Events Of The Week

Lorraine Schwartz hosts H.E. Yousef Al Otaiba, New York

Beyonce Knowles sure does love big earrings, and they are usually provided by Lorraine Schwartz for B’s red carpet moments. So it was no wonder the gorgeous singer was guest of honour at Lorraine’s event.

Wearing a clinging Hervé Léger gown, B literally takes my breath away. The grey is so understated, and of works well with her Lorraine Schwartz chandler earrings.

“Late Show with David Letterman”, New York

Dakota Fanning wears a very cute navy playsuit with a Chanel necklace. My problem is the heels. They are a bit too sex up for my liking. I would have put her in gladiator flats.

“The Pink Panther 2″ New York Premiere

Aishwarya Rai wore a Alberta Ferretti Fall 2008 black chiffon draped gown with a plunging neckline.

The stunning beauty never fails to impress on the red carpet. She wore her gown with a silver clutch, and a bedazzling diamond necklace.

From the scalloped edges of her white coat, it was easy to tell that Emily Mortimer was wearing Chloé.

The white cotton coat and embroidered white dress, are both from the Spring 2009 collection.

She complimented her dress with gold heels, and a gold clutch, but she mixed her metals opting for a diamond choker and a silver bracelet.

BAFTA Red Carpet Programme, London

Like a trooper Fearne Cotton pose for photos in the snow whilst presenting the BAFTA Red Carpet Programme at the Bafta building in London.

Her multi-coloured sequined dress is very reminiscent of Jennifer Connelly’s Balmain dress, don’t you think?

Source & Source & Source & Source

17 thoughts on “Social Events Of The Week

1. Ahot

This is the first time ever i like what Bey is wearing.I am sure if i look closer i will find something that i don’t like ;)
    Aish is elegance personalized. she looks so effortless beautiful! No need to cover herself with bling bling. love her.

2. Ling

Dakota’s worn those heels before at the Push premiere hasn’t she? I think flat shoes would have been better, her legs don’t need to look any longer!

3. Leslie

Dakota really does look great! I agree with you about the heels though. They did sex up what could have been a very cute look for her. I don’t think it’s a huge deal, but she is only 14.

And I love Emily Mortimer’s choker!

4. drinkupthefashion

fearne cotton’s dress does remind me of j. connelly’s balmain dress only because j wore it so recently. fearne wears the dress really well.

5. Flora

I really feel for Emily Mortimer, having to tour the world smiling on the red carpet in support of what looks like a really terrible movie when she’s only just buried her father. No doubt she would much rather be at home with her family, wrapped in a dark coloured shapeless blanket. She looks lovely, though.

I take it Beyonce isn’t in this film? She was in the first one, but presumably she managed to get out of it!

6. Flora

Oh, and I feel sorry for Fearne, too. Everyone else in London got to stay home because of the snow on Monday, but she had to go into work. And doesn’t she look just delighted about it?

“I’m wearing a mini dress and open-toed shoes! Why aren’t I wearing snow boots and building a snowman on Hampstead Heath instead?”

7. Parvati

I think it’s funny that the grey parts of Dakota Fanning’s shoes are the exact same shade as the pavement! They look like one thing!

8. Hanne from Norway!

Flats on Dakoda would have been TOO cute. She IS a teenager, she should be a little rebel once in a while. Looove her outfit here.

9. Sarah

Fearne must’ve been incredibly cold… Doesn’t look comfy at all. I would’ve preferred to see her in a nice coat on this occassion!

10. Freida lover

Love all these looks! Especially B she is one of my favs
    Not feeling emilys look though, very matronly.

Nicole

11. whitestroke

We kept praising Dakota for being age appropriate, but I noticed in her few last outings that either she or her stylist decided it’s time to sex her up a bit. She’s turning 15 this month, so someone must think it’s time… Hm. When I saw her in those heels paired with a tiny playsuit I thought to myself some older guys might look at her and think JAILBAIT. Uh-oh.

That is a quite quirky look on Emily and I like it a lot.
    I’m liking Fearne’s outfit, too. I also thought it could be Balmain at first.