04.02.09

Dita von Teese’s Burlesque Wardrobe

Dita von Teese is the queen of her craft. Like any great craftsman, she needs great tools, and those tools are her clothes, which luckily for her are custom-made.

Last week she kicked off her two week run on Sunday at Le Crazy Horse theater in Paris looking sensational.

One of her ensembles was a hot pink Christian Dior skirt suit, which is based on the grey Pre-Fall 2008 suit. Dita’s was embellished with pink details on the peplum of the jacket, and it also had a floral detail on the shoulder.

Dita has been very close to Lebanese designer Elie Saab, and it turns out that he designed two pieces especially for Dita’s show.

A black 40s inspired skirt suit for her bath sequence, and a blue silk tulle embroidered gown with silver star sequins for her grand finale.

Source & Source

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

Who Wore YSL Better? Kristin Scott Thomas or Duffy

Who Wore YSL Better? Kristin Scott Thomas or Duffy

10 Responses to Dita von Teese’s Burlesque Wardrobe

1. pox February 4, 2009 at 19:40 #

I am very happy that people have begun to speak so much about Dita. A few years ago people didn’t even hear about her. Now you can read about her and see her in pictures almost in every fashion and social topic on the internet or in magazines. Designers love her.

2. robbie February 4, 2009 at 20:00 #

wow this is amazing, i love that she actually has couture peices and in her show, its very unique.

love that elie saab suit, is stunning.

3. drinkupthefashion February 4, 2009 at 21:18 #

she looks amazing in all the pieces. i love that she has everything custom made and that her show is so thought out. i want her last look.

4. A*mused February 4, 2009 at 23:17 #

She's stunning! & I love seeing illustrations come to life… how lucky she is!

5. Flora February 4, 2009 at 23:18 #

The last one with the sleeves is stunning. Of course, she always looks absolutely perfect, down to the last painted crimson fingernail. It must be hard work to be that high maintenance, though: makes me tired just thinking about it.

On an entirely unconnected note, have you seen the pics of JK Rowling collecting her Legion of Honour award from Nicolas Sarkozy in Paris today? She’s wearing a black suit with hot pink details, it looks very much like Alexander McQueen to me. I think Salma Hayek wore something similar last year too.

(Sorry if this isn’t the place for such questions, I wasn’t sure where to post it!)

6. Leo February 5, 2009 at 03:21 #

I can’t wait to see the show, I’m so looking foward to it. The costumes look amazing, nothing less than expected from her. She looks incredible.

7. Ruthless MEME February 5, 2009 at 04:46 #

I love Dita Von Teese’s style…… and I love Elie Saab dresses….. perfect match……

8. Anonymous February 5, 2009 at 05:41 #

Was wondering where I would be able to find the complete series of Christian Dior Pre-fall 2008 images.

9. Janie February 6, 2009 at 17:36 #

Sighs) love Dita. She never wears anything bad. In fact whatever she wears looks good. She is Purrrrfect!

10. Sade February 7, 2009 at 05:13 #

Side note: Ok am I am in love with Lebanese desugners!!
    I will be getting married soon and I am looking at antonioscouture.com
    Mr. G. Antonios is simply fabulous. I duuno why he isn’t up there with the likes of Elie Saab?