03.02.09 Premiere

"He’s Just Not That Into You" LA Premiere

Jennifer Connelly is killing me. I’m in total awe.

When I saw her wearing this green sequined Balmain Spring 2009 dress with a jagged hem, and super padded shoulders, I almost yelped with delight.

I love that she pulled this off without looking like she tired too hard.

I love that she wore the runway shoes, as any other shoe my have dialed down the look.

I love that she stood out amongst all the others as the edgy fashionista that she is.

LOVE, Love, ♥.

Drew Barrymore looks so incredible cute don’t you think?

I love that her hair is pulled back so we can fully appreciate the black silk strapless Lanvin Spring 2009 dress. The nude satin detailing on the neckline is divine against her skin, so buttery.

Her Roger Vivier clutch has so much bling, that she kept her jewels to a minimum with simple earrings.

I have to say I was surprised by Scarlett Johansson. I didn’t expect this from her at all, given her run on The Spirit promotional tour.

The gorgeous actress was positively radiant wearing a pink floral Oscar de la Renta Spring 2009 sweetheart necklined gown with a ruched bodice.

She wore her dress with long gold drop earrings, her wedding ring and a large ruby ring, which I adore.

I will excuse the hair behind her ears, because it was only in some pictures, and that’s not how she deliberately styled it.

Wow Ginnifer Goodwin is also a knock out.

The brunette hair with the burnt orange is so incredibly powerful. I really love her look here.

In order to add a little punch to her shorten strapless Bottega Veneta Spring 2009 dress, she wore a beautiful glass floral necklace, with a tan clutch, and strappy heels.

This would have been one of the best red carpet film premieres if it were not for……

…Jennifer Aniston.

Please, please don’t pretend you’re surprised by what she is wearing.

It’s a gorgeous black Burberry tuxedo, yes it is, but compared to everyone else, she is SO BORING.

So unoriginal, so Aniston, so blah, so boring, which is such a shame because she’s so beautiful.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source
2009 Oscar Nominees Luncheon

2009 Oscar Nominees Luncheon

Marisa Tomei's Obsession - Fendi Clutch

Marisa Tomei’s Obsession – Fendi Clutch

52 Responses to "He’s Just Not That Into You" LA Premiere

1. Atelier February 3, 2009 at 13:04 #

Jennifer Connelly is always a delight to see on the red carpet,, she is such a risk taker, she never plays it safe, always is looking for groundbreaking pieces from the most modern designers,,,I just Adore her,,,I cannot get enough of her,, She just Shines in that dress…Literally!!!

2. Terry February 3, 2009 at 13:17 #

Jennifer Connelly is a vision in that Balmain dress. And the shoes!!! Those studded sandals are gorgeous. All the other actresses disappear if compared to her outfit.

3. lucy February 3, 2009 at 13:26 #

Jennifer Connelly is pure perfection. Although it’s tuesday, I already know who my Best Dressed of the Week will be. (You just HAVE TO add her to the candidates.)
    I also like Scarlett’s outfit, which is kind of surprising- I didn’t like Oscar de la Renta’s spring collection at all. (Anja Rubik rocks this dress though.)

Jennifer Aniston looks just… uahhh. Okay, Angelina Jolie is wearing black all the time, too but she looks awesome in it, while Jennifer is just,… well uahhh. ;)

4. Fashion Critic February 3, 2009 at 13:33 #

Of course Lucy ;)

And I too who mine is already.

5. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 13:40 #

Hardly surprised by Connelly’s sartorial effort. Daring, glamourous, edgy… We’re all SO INTO HER! :) Usually, you would expect to see that dress on the cover of Vogue Paris, not on the red carpet. But as so often, Hollywood’s leading fashionista has found the way to adapt runway fashion.
    I adore Lanvin (don’t we all?), so I’m happy with Drew’s choice. It’s not quite perfect though: the hipline looks a bit questionable, and she could’ve worn some other shoes. Opting for black peep-toe shoes is not exactly the most spectacular choice.
    I was also surprised by Scarlett. I prefer her as a blonde, and I’m pretty sure the dress has been made for a blonde girl. She looks sweet in it, but Anja’s runway edition is getting my vote.

David

6. theresa February 3, 2009 at 14:03 #

I love Drew Barrymore’s classic style, that Lanvin dress is perfect for her! My favourite is Scarlett Johannsson cos she’s really different, her dress pops on the red carpet, it’s beautiful!

7. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 14:18 #

Jennifer looks amazing in Balmain, Scarlett is beautiful in that de la Renta dress, but I do prefer my fellow Pole Anja Rubik in it – she looks georgeous :)
    And Ginnifer Goodwin looks wonderful – the dress is great, but the necklace and the shoes are WOW!

Lexa

8. Cry February 3, 2009 at 14:22 #

I simply want J.Connelly's shoes.. But I've just figure out their price: € 1491!! (http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=L5C2&des=G5B&cat=&gender=women&group=&season=actual&seasProdID=49I)
    A little bit too much 4 me…

9. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 14:24 #

Jennifer Connely has the leading role, she’s right after Ben Affleck, Jennifer Aniston and Drew Barrymore. Bradley Cooper, Justin Long, Scarlett and Ginnifer Goodwin have the supporting roles.

Anyway, back to the subject, they all looked great, except for the boring and predictable Jennifer Aniston. Does she have a stylist? If she does, she should fire him/her. If she doesn’t, she should hire him/her.

Electra.

10. Cry February 3, 2009 at 14:25 #

Here you can by the dress worn by D.Barrymore: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=0EN22&des=297&cat=&gender=women&group=&season=actual&seasProdID=49I

11. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 14:29 #

I have to disagree. Jennifer Aniston looks very stylish! I just love her look.. And I on the other hand don’t like Jennifer Connelly’s green dress at all… matter of opinion, I guess :)

-h-

12. Fashion Critic February 3, 2009 at 14:30 #

Thanks Cry. You are my shoe hero or heroine :)

13. robbie February 3, 2009 at 14:30 #

jennifer connelly looks nice, gorgeous in fact, but im not sure i like the shoes with the dress, i never really like when people wear the same shoes as feautured on the runway.

drew looks probably the best she has ever looked, and as cute as a button (i really have never unstood that phrase though)

scarlett *yawn* her hair looks terrible.

ginnifer looks sexy, she normally looks cute.

aniston, is actually quite nice, her suit looks pretty nice, its better than the other stuff she has wore. she could have atleast added a splash of colour.

14. cry February 3, 2009 at 14:31 #

Heroine, please… ;P

15. Simge February 3, 2009 at 14:40 #

Jennifer Aniston looks so beau in her tuxedo, but really bored of her black dress or suits. she needs to refresh her style.

16. Ahot February 3, 2009 at 14:56 #

Humm… Jennifer Connelly is almost as thin as the model.And what went wrong with Drew´s dress? The bow is hanging down here.They still look good though

17. Fashion Critic February 3, 2009 at 15:06 #

:) thanks. I wasn’t too sure.

I have a lot of guy readers too.

18. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 15:51 #

I am no big Jennifer Aniston Fan but she really tried to make an effort here..If the suit was not black but ivory it would have done wonders

the only thing repetitive about this dress is the color black…she even styled her hair

she still comes last for best dressed…

remember FC when you vouched to be Nikki Blonsky’s stylist…I say give Jennifer Aniston a try!

what say???

19. Fashion Critic February 3, 2009 at 16:27 #

As much as I like a challenge, I think there is no helping Jennifer.

She has been doing this for years now. It is not even a phase, it is a lifestyle.

20. Emma February 3, 2009 at 16:36 #

OMG Aniston. I’m so bored with her it’s ridiculous. Jennifer Connelly FTW, she’s gorgeous and the dress is amazing on her. Drew looks cute but don’t love the dress. Ginnifer looks great, Scarlett don’t like the hair.

21. serap February 3, 2009 at 16:45 #

wow jennifer connelly just blew me off with her dress, love it!! also love drew´s makeup, really looks sweet on her;D

22. Ling February 3, 2009 at 16:46 #

Jennifer C as always looks fierce, but I’m in love with Drew and Ginnifer’s dresses – too cute! Scarlett I would prefer more if her hair was up – she looks better as a blonde to me! Won’t even comment on Jennifer A …

23. A*mused February 3, 2009 at 16:58 #

I would give Jennifer credit for the simple fact that she is staying true to herself and not feeling the need to try and compete with her co-stars in the red carpet fashion game.

Jennifer Connely looks great, but wearing a top to toe catwalk creation doesn’t impress me much!

24. eder February 3, 2009 at 17:05 #

Jennifer Connelly is really amazing!! I love the dress and the shoes!
    I agree with you, that Jennifer Aniston look is boring

Visit my blog

25. whitestroke February 3, 2009 at 17:41 #

I’m out of breath! *hyperventilates* I’ll go one by one…

Oh Jennifer Connelly, how I love thee! Let me count the ways… Fashion Goddess, that’s what she is. She’s one of those few stars that can make me change my mind about designers/collections. I know I’m in the minority, but I’m not too big on Balmain. That dress and shoes, though, look like they were made for her. She looks even better than Natasha Poly in it, and that’s not something you hear that often. Balmain skirts are usually unrealistically short on the runway, so celebs always wear them longer, but Jennifer sticks to the dangerously short version as well. I love her hair, too. UNGH. PERFECTION FROM HEAD TO TOE.

Drew is cute and all, but choice of shoes is way too safe. That Lanvin collection had some gorgeous shoes going on, she should have picked one of those. I’m also not into those long Roger Vivier clutches. Not my thing. She’s my least favorite here next to Jennifer Aniston.

I’m so surprised with Scarlett’s choice, but for my own personal reasons. I picked two Oscar de la Renta dresses from that collection that I would love to wear at big events (if I were that lucky!) and one of them was this one. Hehe. ;) I think she looks lovely, although I’d like her hair to be more wavy.

Ginnifer Goodwin. WOW. So cute and yet sexy. Modified dress that’s actually even better than the runway version. Amazing colors on her. I love her hair. AND the necklace. Everything is perfect. And OMG love her clutch, too! *breathes in, breathes out*

Which brings me to ask myself, is Jennifer Aniston aware of how boring she is? Is it possible that she saw other girls next to her last night and had a little chat with herself? I sure hope so.

Are they gonna tour other countries with this movie? Because I want MORE of this!

26. Anne February 3, 2009 at 17:48 #

Oh my god, what a star!? Too bad my poor English doesn’t cover the thoughts I have about Connelly’s outfit!
    Have so found my best dressed this week!

27. DM February 3, 2009 at 17:49 #

Jennifer Aniston looks amazing! I’m so glad that she thought ahead and figured all of the other girls would be wearing dresses (of course) so she went the toher way and wore that suit! I love the cut of it – fits her perfectly!

28. Fashion Critic February 3, 2009 at 17:54 #

I hope they will all tour too, but I am sure a few of them will drop out as the tour continues.

By the time they get to Europe, we will be luck to get 3 of the stars.

It opens in London on Friday, I hope at least Connelly, ScarJo and Goodwin come over. I can live without Aniston

29. WendyB February 3, 2009 at 18:20 #

Jennifer C. looks better than the runway model!

30. Eli February 3, 2009 at 18:27 #

Jennifer Connely is clearly the standout fashionista here. Her Balmain look is flawless from head to toe! Ginnifer Goodwin Looks beautiful in that orange dress. I have to say, however, that I HATE Scarlett Johansson’s look. The dress is really awful. It’s extremely tacky. I usually like Oscar De La Renta, but this dress is a disaster.

31. Hayley February 3, 2009 at 18:57 #

Up until just now, I thought Frieda Pinto was going to get my vote as Best Dressed, but right now I am just in awe of Jennifer Connelly. Scarlett Johansson, on the other hand,looks shockingly bad.

32. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 19:11 #

I would give credit to Ms Aniston. What she potrays on the redcarpet is the real her. She is just staying true to herself and I give credit for that. She is not putting on a front or facade. It’s plainly just her. Love it or hate it. Many celebs dress to impress, but she chooses to be who she is.

M

33. Kyutipye February 3, 2009 at 19:16 #

wow, I’m late but wow! Drew Barrymore looks so beautiful. i love the dress, the shoes, the hair …. it is so simple yet came out so beautifil.Scarlet looks soo vibrant. im glad she kept the hair simple or it might have clashed with the gown. Ginnifer IS a knock out,but i especially love her shoes!!! Jennifer looks so good. I think she put in a tremendous effort. I know its black again, but as you said, it has become a lifestyle, so maybe it will take her a bit of time to evolve. her makeup, hair, jewelery all show she made quite an effort and i applaud her for it.

34. Rock*Star February 3, 2009 at 19:25 #

Jennifer Conelly ^_^ My hero .

I admire her a lot.Love her edgy style.She always make it seem easy.

35. mila February 3, 2009 at 20:12 #

I cant believe how beautiful Drew Barrymore looks,so feminine

36. ANTONIO FROM PANAMA February 3, 2009 at 20:35 #

I LOVE JENIFFER CONELLY ON TH RED CARPET, JENIFER GOODWIN LOOK SPECTACULAR LOVE HER SHOES, DREW LOOKED UBBER CUTE IN HER LANVIN, AND SCARLET DOES NOT MALE ANY WOOW ON ME, HER GOWN IS GREAT, BUT LOOKS BETTER FOR EDITORIAL THAN A RED CARPET.

XOXO
    FASHION ADDICT FROM PANAMA

37. Cry February 3, 2009 at 20:56 #

This is the right link to buy Drew's dress: http://www.luisaviaroma.com/index.aspx#getData.aspx|CallType=Product&prodId=0EN22&des=297&cat=&gender=women&group=&season=actual&seasProdID=49I

(if you have €3307.00 for a "little black dress" … )

38. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 21:18 #

It’s such a refreshing change to see Jennifer Aniston wearing black..a colur I never thought I’d see her wearing.

39. wi February 3, 2009 at 22:19 #

JENNIFER CONNELLY!!! come on , you just got to give it to her!
    she’s one of the most daring celebrities there is on the red carpet! she does the edgiest names, Balmain, Balenciaga , Givenchy. and not to mention straight from the runway, without look like she’s treing to hard, like you said! :D she looks lovely, and her body is amazing

40. Anonymous February 3, 2009 at 23:48 #

Jennifer Connelly and Ginnifer Goodwin are hot on the red carpet. What’s with Aniston? trying to pull a Jolie all black look now or something

41. Allthingsbollywood February 4, 2009 at 00:31 #

I love love love Jennifer’s Balmain shoes…totally obsessed with them. Does anyone know prices?

42. Parvati February 4, 2009 at 00:41 #

Wow, now that was a very interesting premiere!

I don’t love Jennifer Connelly’s look, but I like that she doesn’t stop taking risks. And I was shocked to see her in an outfit that wasn’t Balenciaga!

Drew Barrymore looks OK… I’m not a fan of the dress.

Ginnifer Goodwin’s outfit was perfect. I like that she had the dress shortened from the runway and the necklace makes her outfit even better.

I didn’t expect Scarlett Johansson to wear such a colourful dress, but she did and she looked amazing!

I love Jennifer Aniston but I was really disappointed to see her wear black again. The suit is really nice but it looks so boring compared to the outfits of the other stars. I suppose she tried to make it less boring by adding that necklace, but it wasn’t enough. However, I keep hoping that there will be a day when she’ll wear something amazing.

43. Fashion Critic February 4, 2009 at 01:22 #

Parvati I pray for the day she wows me.

It will happen one day. I have been patience so far.

44. drinkupthefashion February 4, 2009 at 02:10 #

my favorite is ginnifer goodwin…jennifer does wear the dress well, better than most could wear it. but i feel like everyone’s just raging over balmain. i love balmain too but just because someone wears it doesn’t mean they’re a god/goddess.

45. Leo February 4, 2009 at 02:26 #

Wow, what an amazing fashion ensemble (minus the Aniston of course). I’m so in love with Jennifer Connelly and Scarlett here, talk about delievering! Fantastic.

Aniston, take a lesson from the other girls! I think it would be interesting to style her, a hell of a challenge but that would make it even more fun.

46. Mandrágora February 4, 2009 at 09:22 #

I amazing Jennifer Connelly in Balmain, but Scarlett looks so ugly with that hair in that dress, how is possible look ugly in Oscar de la Renta????

47. Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 14:11 #

Jennifer is fantastic, and the dress to die for, but my god the girl needs some food!! Her legs are bones and skin.
    And Scarlet’s hair does look weird. But I love the dress.

48. Anonymous February 4, 2009 at 20:10 #

This is so ridiculous Jennifer Aniston is wearing black for almost 15 years, not because Jolie.

She is so perfect and elegant, love her no matter what you say about her clothes.

49. Flora February 4, 2009 at 23:04 #

Scarlett looks like she’s wearing a sofa. Nice shape, but horrible pattern and colours. And oh my lordy the hair! Maybe if she’d worn it up it might have been better, but it just… hangs there.

50. Nikki February 5, 2009 at 01:11 #

goodness me, what a knockout event!!! i dont mind jen as there are other gorgeous EXTREMELY well-dressed ladies.

<3.

51. Robert May 22, 2009 at 16:09 #

Olá

52. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang October 28, 2012 at 17:57 #

Scarlett Johansson wows us in this figure hugging Oscar de la Renta floral gown which suits her brunette hair so well!! Jennifer Connelly is a total knockout in this emerald green Balmian mini paired with lust-worthy Balmian crystal studded heels!! Ginnifer Goodwin’s Bottega Veneta burnt orange mini is equally fierced paired with glass floral necklace and tan strappy heels!! Jennifer Aniston loses the battle in this uninspiring Burberry suit!!