02.02.09

2009 Goya Cinema Awards

I am still not crazy about Penelope Cruz’s half up, half down hairstyle, but here is no denying how great she looks in this gorgeous Chanel lace dress.

The Spanish star accessorized her classic dress, with a pair of Chopard diamond drop earrings, and a black satin clutch.

Paz Vega wore this adorable strapless pink Hannibal Laguna dress, with ruffled details cascading down the back, and on the hem.

The Spanish actress is expecting her second child, and her dress is doing a great job at concealing her baby bump.

She completes her look with 7in sky-high lace-print Giuseppe Zanotti heels, and a Roger Viver clutch.

Maribel Verdu wears one of my favourite dresses from the Christian Dior Resort 2008 collection.

The tangerine dress has multiple tiers, and exquisite embellished details on the neckline and belt.

She completes her look with an orange clutch, and gold heels.

If you are going to wear a black dress, my advice would be punch up the look with an amazing stand-out pair of heels. That is exactly what Manuela Velasco did by wearing a pink platform pair of Christian Dior Spring 2009 heels. You may remember that Mischa Barton wore a yellow pair last week.

Belen Rueda looks absolutely outstanding wearing this white Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 gown.

The ruffle details that cascade down the whole of this gown is simply breath-taking.

The embellished straps and waistline details may seem harsh on a white gown for some people, but I think the gown would be too plain without them.

Rosana Pastor’s Carolina Herrera Spring 2009 strapless leather-look gown, was equally outstanding. Talk about hugging every curve.

This was another one of my favourite Spring 2009 gowns, and Rosana more than did it justice.

Best actress winner Carme Elias, wore a delicate taupe chiffon gown by Rosa Esteva for Cortana. I just love how regal she looks in her gown.

Speaking of regal. That is very much the vibe Leticia Dolera was giving us in her ethereal floral Josep Font gown.

Dafne Fernandez wore a black liquid deep plunging gown from the Hannibal Laguna One & Only collection.

The gown was accented with a square brooch detail.

Monica Cruz tends to outshine her big sister Penelope at these occasions, but her Roberto Cavalli Pre-Fall 2009 gown just doesn’t hit the spot for me.

Actress and singer Olivia Molina arrived wearing a white Azzaro gown with crystal embellished neckline and belt.

Are you thinking you have seen it before?

That’s because Anne Hathaway wore it to the SAG Awards recently.

Maria Leon’s Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2009 strapless ivory dress, with a sculptured skirt is way too plain. It’s missing the jewel encrusted belts that were part of the collection.

Actress Malena Alterio wore a purple column dress from Juanjo Oliva’s Spring 2008 collection.

I love the cute butterfly on the waist. Mimi would approve.

Goya Toledo’s satin Christian Dior gown, is not my favourite dress of this ceremony. The skirt is way too busy.

Cinema Academy President Angeles Gonzalez Sinde, arrived wearing a stunning gown from the Devota & Lomba Spring 2008 collection.

I love the purple, the stripes, and the way she looks better than some of the actresses on this red carpet.

Aitana Sanchez Gijon opted for a chocolate brown Oscar de la Renta Resort 2009 strapless ruffled gown.

Kudos to Maria Botto for trying something very adventurous by wearing this Juanjo Oliva Spring 2006 gown, but I just don’t get it.

Leonor Watling’s Josep Font blue and black turtle neck gown was just not the right choice for her imo.

The gown looks so fantastic on the Josep Font website, but Leonor fails to bring it to life.

Model and TV host Mar Saura dared to follow Gisele Bundchen by wearing this satin pale pink Verasce Fall 2008 gown.

Mar looks great in this dress, but Gisele totally owned this dress, so Mar just comes off looking second best.

Source Source

Aura Garrido In Alberta Ferretti - Goya Cinema Awards 2014

Aura Garrido In Alberta Ferretti – Goya Cinema Awards 2014

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Goya Awards?

Who Was Your Best Dressed At The Goya Awards?

23 Responses to 2009 Goya Cinema Awards

1. Gilda February 2, 2009 at 16:30 #

The Paz´s dress is from Hannibal Laguna sping 09. Is perfect!!

Kisses

2. Carmen February 2, 2009 at 16:31 #

Paz Vega looks extremely cute in her Hannibal Laguna dress. IMO, Goya Toledo is the most complete

3. Alyssa February 2, 2009 at 16:43 #

Yours is the best review of the red carpet of this spanish awards (even comparing with spanish fashion web pages) :)

I think Penelope was repeting her dress for the occasion. Does it ring a bell to you? I’m sure you have your eye/mind more trained to notice/remember this.

Also what do you think about Dior’s dress Manuela Velasco was wearing matching it with Dior’s shoes?

4. eder February 2, 2009 at 16:47 #

I love Belen Rueda´s dress, is really beautiful, I also like Maribel Verdu´s dress, I like how she match the dress with the clutch

Visit my blog

5. Fashion Critic February 2, 2009 at 16:50 #

Thanks, Gilda & Carmen. I could not find it on the Hannibal Laguna site, so thanks for the confirmation.

I did not want to be wrong and offend anyone.

6. Fashion Critic February 2, 2009 at 16:53 #

Alyssa, flattery will get you everywhere. :) thanks

I missed Manuela Velasco…PS LOVE the shoes.

7. Kyutipye February 2, 2009 at 17:11 #

Maria Botto looks like she is stepping out of a magicians bag, and scared about it. trying to outdo Gisselle is risky but she still looked good trying. I see what you mean about Goya Toledo’s gown, it looks better in the pic on the right. wow, Dafne Fernandez is so beautiful, never seen her before -i think- but that gown seems rather dark and ‘heavy’. all in all, they looked beautiful, except Leonor Watling and Maria Leon.

8. Moni February 2, 2009 at 18:27 #

Penélope Cruz wore thar Chanel dress during the party after Golden Gloves Ceremony. But I still think she is beautiful both times

9. Moody Crab February 2, 2009 at 18:57 #

Maribel Verdu, Rosana Pastor and Paz Vega are my favs!

PS: You’re more up to date and on point than most fashion websites. Well done!

10. Fashion Critic February 2, 2009 at 19:28 #

Thanks Moody. I do try :)

11. SodaPop February 2, 2009 at 21:12 #

Malena Alterio was fantastic!
    Penélope wore the same dress that Golden Globes After Party….

12. Maica February 2, 2009 at 21:31 #

Congratulations for make this review. I never belive that I could see it in your site, you make my day better :)

I love Paz vega’s dress. She wears a lot Hannibal Laguna and she always look amazing, remember the red dress se wore in Cannes wow!!!. I also love Aitana Sánchez-Gijón and Malena Alterio.

Leonor Watling wasn’t very beauty in that dress bur she had a baby a few weeks ago, I can forgive her.

13. Tamia February 2, 2009 at 22:16 #

Fashion critic, I cant believe I’m saying this as I always agree with you down to a T and you have the most exemplary taste but I have to disagree with you for the first time. I find Angeles Gonzalez Sinde’s quite hideous..it’s illfitting around the bust and I hate the combination of purple and black. Agree with you about everything else though of course!

14. Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 22:36 #

what a nice surprise to find this review and the poll of the goya event dresses!! it’s our mini oscar party here in spain and all girls looked stunning!!
    so nice to see that even u’re in london, u get to do a post so nice and complete like this one.
    who was ur fav??

xoxo iona.

15. drinkupthefashion February 2, 2009 at 22:45 #

penelope really loves that hairstyle. it's starting to grow on me. she looks great in the dress.
    i can still tell paz vega is pregnant…why pregnant ladies try to hide that they're pregnant is so annoying to me. we all know you're excited to have the baby, we all know you want it, so stop acting like you don't.
    belen rueda for best dressed! she looks AMAZINGGGGG.
    the dress rosana pastor is wearing was one of my fave dresses from carolina herrera spring 09 as well.
    carme elias also looks perfecto.
    that thing in leticia dolera's hair is interesting and that red lipstick looks good on her.
    dafne fernandez is breathtaking! <3 she looks a WEE bit like audrey hepburn. they could be distant cousins…i think it's the eye makeup.
    monica cruz's hair looks like a nest.
    goya toledo, maria botto, and leonor watling are worst dressed. they know it too, it shows on their facs. :/

16. Anonymous February 2, 2009 at 23:06 #

Wow. Just wow…

I didn’t even heard about this event and it was fashionably amazing. I’m eagerly awaiting Oscars, watching new Couture collections ang imagining what would be good for who. I even had some Emmy-like event here in Poland tonight, but it was nowhere near to compare with this Goya awards. Almost every single picture you showed was breathtaking! I was drooling like crazy and this does not happen often. I added 6 dresses to ‘my favourites’ file, when I usually add maybe one per month.

And this ‘new’ (for me) designers – Josep Font and Hannibal Laguna, especially Laguna. HAVE YOU SEEN THIS DRESSES? Outstanding.

I’ll go drool so more now.

Dominika

17. Fashion Critic February 2, 2009 at 23:39 #

I also love discovering new designers. I too was drooling over Hannibal Laguna and Josep Font’s collections.

Iona, my fave was Leticia Dolera. Her hair, skin, make-up, the dress. All perfection.

18. whitestroke February 3, 2009 at 00:00 #

Monica’s Roberto Cavalli gown is from Pre-Fall 2009. ;)

19. Raquel February 3, 2009 at 04:38 #

I looove Maribel here. Sutnning. Paz Vega’s makeup and hair are just wrong.

20. Laura February 4, 2009 at 07:08 #

I don’t get girl-crushes often, but Leticia Dolera looks absolutely GORGEOUS. One of my looks I’ve seen recently!

21. Nat February 6, 2009 at 14:49 #

Hey I just spotted that the Christian Dior Resort 2008 dress Maribel Verdu wore was worn by Katy Perry before at Fashion Cares fundraiser for the AIDS Committee of Toronto (November 1st 2008)

x Nat

22. Fashion Critic February 6, 2009 at 15:03 #

Thanks a lot. I had not seen Perry in that dress.

23. Nat February 7, 2009 at 19:47 #