Social Events Of The Week

“The Curious Case Of Benjamin Button” Japan Premiere

In 2008 Angelina Jolie wore nothing but black, so I was praying for colour from her on the red carpet in 2009.

The problem is all her non-black dresses, have been so-so, whereas this black Reem Acra satin wrap dress is so divine on her. She is radiant.

This is the best she has looked this year for me.

“Changeling” Tokyo Press Conference

Despite the conservative nature of Angelina Jolie’s dove grey Ralph Lauren dress with cap sleeves, she looked gorgeous at her Changeling press conference in Tokyo today.

She wore her dress with her favorite pumps by Stuart Weitzman.

Byron & Tracey Salon Party, LA

Speaking of gorgeous, no one does the boho/hippy look better than Nicole Richie. For her it’s not a trend, just a style that she feels comfortable with, and suits her perfectly.

Her kimono-style blue and white printed Issa dress doesn’t drown her tiny frame, in fact it’s a perfect fit.

She completes her look with a snake-skin clutch.

Stella McCartney Paris Store Opening

Wearing her own head to toe designs, Stella McCartney opens her new Paris store with her father by her side.

Dasha Zhukova is known to many as just the girlfriend to billionaire Roman Abramovich, but she is also the designer of Kova & T.

The designer looks really cute wearing on of my favourite knit dresses from the Rodarte Fall 2008 collection.

VH1 Presents Pepsi Smash Super Bowl Bash, Florida

Kim Kardashian wore a black strapless mini Ina Soltani dress with a feathered hem. She wore her dress with a black cropped jacket, and YSL Trib Two heels.

The dress is cute, but it looks like she is growing out her bangs already, and it’s very much in the in-between awkward phase.

Source & Source

13 thoughts on “Social Events Of The Week

1. robbie

wow kim looks hot. i love her hair. sorry to sound silly but what exactly are bangs? *blushes*

stella looks great, not liking the all black outfit but she looks great.

why the hell does nicole always look like a mannequin she never shows anything emotion its weird.

angelina in the grey dress is stunning but that black dress is mind blowing, damn, fan-frickin-tastic.

2. Leo

Nicole Richie looks healthy, I’m so happy for her. This is one of the best I’ve seen her look ever. I adore Issa, so many gorgeous prints.

3. Arasto

You are way too nice. Angelina is a BORE. She is tall, gorogeous and thin. She could in theory wear anything. She is the worst.

Kim looks like a transvestite. Actually, all of the females in her family do.

Nicole looks cute. She does hippie chic very well.

4. Katie

Maybe it’s the angle of the photograph, but I think Angelina’s black dress at the CCoBB premiere looks like a robe. Definitely not her best look for me.

5. raquel

Honestly, I think Angelina looks awful (well, as awful as such a gorgeous woman can be) in the black dress. It fits poorly, makes she look heavy, no shape… I hate that.

6. whitestroke

I love love LOVE Nicole’s Issa dress. The print seemed familiar so I thought the dress appeared on the runway, but after rechecking the collections, I didn’t see anything similar.

7. Ahot

yeah, just let your beauty speak angie; i must say she is the best when it comes to natural effortless beauty. admirable

8. Anonymous

Let’s face it- no matter what Angelina wears, she’ll always look beautiful. It’s unfair.

It’s surprising because even though Kim’s wearing a mini/tight/cleavage-revealing dress, unlike her days of unrelentless herve ledger, she doesn’t look trashy, but instead looks sexy.

9. nikki

haha you brits and your finge and snogging and jumpers

I think Angelina goes for boring, underwhelming clothes because she has enough attention as it is. I mean, maybe Misha Barton in her coutre loves the stares at the gala…but I doubt Angi would want more pressure and scrutinity. The girl is under enough pressure least more from stares due to some frock she’s wearing. She doesnt need that. I mean, that’s what her tattoos are for.