Fashion Dinner For Aids

I think this has to be one of the best dressed events of the year so far.

Diane Kruger will always – in my eyes – be one of the top 10 best dressed female celebrities in the world. I was not a fan of the Nina Ricci Spring 2009 collection, but trust Diane Kruger to make me fall in love.

Talk about bringing something to life.

This gown with a rise and fall hem, is absolutely stunning on Diane. The nude gown with multi coloured prints, really stands out. The cap sleeves barely reveal her shoulders, which is quite sexy, and less in your face than cleavage.

Her look is complete with a vibrant purple clutch, and strappy heels.

I don’t think I can gush about how much I love this enough.

Not only did Mischa Barton get a pair of Elie Saab Spring 2009 Couture heels, but she also got to wear this exquisite Elie Saab couture mint green gown.

When this gown was presented 2 days ago, I was attracted to the floral appliqués around the shoulders and bodice. I love how Mischa has taken this dress from an off-the-shoulder gown, to an asymmetric gown, but a part of me is very disappointed that this dress is now out of the running for the Oscars.

No one would knowingly pick this dress for the big O, now that Mischa has worn it, with all due respect to her.

Dita von Teese opted for a cocktail dress from the same collection.

The ice blue satin plunging dress was covered in very intricate silver embroidery, which really sparkles. Those details are no doubt the reason why Dita opted to keep her jewels to a bare minimum.

Her Louboutin’s sparkled as gloriously as her dress, and as you would expect Dita’s hair is immaculately styled, without a single strand out of place.

The look was complete with her trademark bold ruby red lips.

Milla Jovovich also wore a straight-off-the-runway gown from Elie Saab’s Spring 2009 Couture collection.

She opted for a less bling-out gown. But the beauty of this gown is in its simplicity, and the subtle details of the shimmering cap sleeves and criss cross detail on the waist.

The dove grey works well with her skin-tone, and the clutch is the perfect compliment.

French Model Laetitia Casta opted for a cutesy type Louis Vuitton black dress with a bows ruching her shoulder and skirt.

She may have picked a Resort dress, but he added a bit of an edge to her look with Louis Vuitton Spring 2009 heels.

Carla Bruni, France’s First Lady, took a night off wearing Dior to wear a stunning purple strapless YSL column gown, from the Edition Soir collection.

In all the pictures she has her clutch covering her gown, which is a shame because the majority of the detail is where her clutch is being held.

Vanessa Paradis pink strapless mini dress, is also covered by her woolly mammoth pink coat, which is also a shame because the pink dress looks heavenly against her skin.

Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us Free Image Hosting at www.ImageShack.us

Source & Source & Source & Source
First Ladies Of Fashion: Michelle Obama and Carla Bruni Sarkozy Meet Again

First Ladies Of Fashion: Michelle Obama and Carla Bruni Sarkozy Meet Again

Runway To Red Carpet - End Of The Week Round Up

Runway To Red Carpet – End Of The Week Round Up

17 Responses to Fashion Dinner For Aids

1. Ace Azri January 30, 2009 at 13:31 #

carla bruni is one gorgeous lady =))

2. Rock*Star January 30, 2009 at 13:34 #

best dressed event indeed:)
    they all look FLAWLESS.Diane,Dita & Mila r my favs.

Dnt know about Misha.Love her dress.But,hate her make up :S

Those Elie Saab gowns makes me sigh *_*

3. Ace Azri January 30, 2009 at 14:12 #

and are u going to cover angelina and brad trip to tokyo..angelina wore a more figure hugging dress this time.

4. Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 14:23 #

I agree 100%
    but you should really see Renee Zellweger on yesterday’s Letterman Show…she looked so pretty and radiant,just because she gained some weight!

5. Ayesha January 30, 2009 at 14:36 #

Mischa Barton looks absolutely AMAZING. I am willing to forgive her hideous street style for this. DAMN. my jaw dropped when I saw her..her body, face all perfect. And she looked so confident and beautiful. *sigh* Do agree that this dress would have been perfect for the Oscars though. :(

6. Leslie January 30, 2009 at 17:07 #

I fell in love with the ice blue dress Dita wore the second I saw it on the runway. It has to be my favorite from the whole spring 2009 collection.
    I wouldn’t have chosen Dita to wear it, but she definitely does do it justice!

7. Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 18:37 #

OH MY GOD! I can’t believe they already wore this new Couture collection! Dita picked my favourite dress from the collection looking flawless as usual.

Electra.

8. dc88tigger January 30, 2009 at 19:16 #

Wow, I am absolutely in love with Diane’s dress! Definitely my best dressed of the week. The others are gorgeous of course, but for some reason not in the same way as hers, despite being brand new Elie Saab couture.

9. drinkupthefashion January 30, 2009 at 19:58 #

DANG!
    those elie girls look fab! how did they get their hands on couture so fast? double dang. mischa, dita and milla <333333 love 'em!
    and diane looks great in the nina ricci, i wish she would have done something different with her hair though. but still, a great look.

10. Leo January 30, 2009 at 20:48 #

What a great event. I love love love Dita, that dress is incredible and perfect for her.

Diane Kruger also looked fantastic, like you said, she’s always on the top of the best dressed. The clutch is such a great detail.

And Carla Bruni, so effortless as usual. She’s quite safe with her style but she has such an air of elegance that she does not need much to look great.

11. Sarah January 30, 2009 at 20:51 #

Whoa, I’m in awe!

12. Kyutipye January 30, 2009 at 21:46 #

They all looked stunning! wow, there isn’t one that I can even fault here. My favourite was the black dress Laetitia wore. so cute!
    FC can you tell me what shoes Vanessa Paradis is wearing?

13. Fashion Critic January 30, 2009 at 21:50 #

Not sure. At first I thought they were Louis Vuitton, but I checked and they are not.

14. Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 22:08 #

i remembered a time when kate bosworth wore a nina ricci dress and she made it look bad. And then, there was diane kruger: who rocked the dress! she knows how to make a dress come to life.

15. whitestroke January 30, 2009 at 23:44 #

Who else to make me like a dress from the collection I didn’t like than Diane Kruger?! Perfection.

Dita’s dress was to me too one of the dresses that stood out the most from that collection, but I’m not too happy with her in it. Maybe it’s just me not liking Dita, but I don’t think she does the dress full justice.

16. Ahot January 31, 2009 at 01:03 #

great indeed. but WHY does mischa put this fabulous gown down by wearing it now? gowns like this ARE made for VERY BIG events, and definitely not for little girls, no matter how good they look in it. I feel it was a tad too much. hate the hair.

17. Ruthless MEME January 31, 2009 at 03:47 #

Mischa Barton wore that dress sloppily……. although it is beautiful…….. but she isn’t….

I LOVE Dita Von Tesse…… that color of that dress looks so regal against her pale skin…….

Elie Saab is definately going out of his comfort zone of design…… it’s bittersweet for me….. because I like his original format……. but then again he gets criticized for his sequin embellishments and use of chiffons and tulle…….. but I notice all of the lebanese designers design alike so that must be apart of his culture…….