Elie Saab Spring 2009 Haute Couture

Elie Saab’s Spring 2009 Haute Couture collection was presented in Paris yesterday.

Elie’s gowns – as we have come to expect – were truly feminine, made of silk, chiffon and adorned with plenty of stunning embellishments.

The pastel tones were heavenly, evoking a dreamy like feeling, which is emphasized by the intricate, outstanding details such as the floral appliqués, and the sparkling embellishments, which were not too over-the-top.

Ruffles, tiers, pouffy shoulders, exaggerated hips, and obi belts all helped create some of the most outstandingly beautiful gorgeous red carpet dresses, he has ever created.

The only downside for me was the hair and make-up.

This collection more than most, has ignited my passion for red carpet gown. Bring on the Oscars.

Cate would so own that black one-shouldered gown, whereas Beyonce, I guess, would go for the heavenly peachy pastels.

Dita Von Teese was in the front row looking tres chic, wearing an all black Elie Saab Fall 2008 ensemble, which consisted of a jacket with a large rosette details on the collar and cuffs, a pencil skirt, Louboutin pumps, and a large bag, which was also detailed with rosettes.

Mischa Barton was also in the front row wearing a sparkling one-sleeved navy Elie Saab Fall 2008 cocktail dress, with Louboutin’s.

Her hair looks a bit disheveled for this dress, and although I am not a fan of one-shouldered anything, this dress works for her.

Soure & Source

23 Comments
Taylor Swift For Teen Vogue March 2009

Taylor Swift For Teen Vogue March 2009

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Lisa Rinna or Gabrielle Union

Who Wore Reem Acra Better? Lisa Rinna or Gabrielle Union

23 Responses to Elie Saab Spring 2009 Haute Couture

1. drinkupthefashion January 29, 2009 at 19:18 #

mischa looks unhappy. :/ but that dress looks great on her. from what i’ve seen i’m liking this elie saab collection. can’t wait to do a post on it.

2. laurakitty January 29, 2009 at 19:27 #

All of those pastels are gorgeous! The baby blue makes me swoon.

3. Dana January 29, 2009 at 20:06 #

What I would give to wear an Elie Saab gown. :)

This collection is STUNNING! I loved every piece. I can’t wait to see them on the red carpet!

4. Ling January 29, 2009 at 20:22 #

Absolutely beautiful, although there isn’t much bling about! I agree with you about the hair and makeup – I can see why they decided to keep it simple to not detract attention from the dresses, but simple doesn’t have to mean boring!

5. prettygeeky.com January 29, 2009 at 21:16 #

How wondrous are those creations!?!

6. Fashion Citizen January 29, 2009 at 21:23 #

This is the couture show I wait for every year. He never ever disappoints. He’s the king of pastels and those gowns always seem to float.

7. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 21:31 #

ditto ditto ditto.

Never disappoints.

8. Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 21:41 #

Are you still in paris?

9. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 21:43 #

No. back in London :(

If I could have got into this show, I would have stayed.

10. Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 22:25 #

I luuuuuuv this collection. The gowns are beautiful!! I liked fashion but was never into too much until I found your blog a year ago. Thank you for opening
    my eyes to the world of fashion!!

I also can’t wait to see some of these on the red carpet!!

Caligirl

11. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 22:27 #

that is so precious :)

thanks Caligirl

12. Anonymous January 29, 2009 at 22:28 #

Also meant to say, Mischa should NOT be allowed to wear Elie Saab, way too fabulous for her!!

Caligirl

13. Leo January 29, 2009 at 22:38 #

I was there, and was so mesmerized by the gowns. It’s so delicate, and dreamy. Sometimes Elie Saab does too much, with too much glitter and all. But this was one of the best I’ve seen from him, it was all there but done in such a beautiful way. Just perfect.

14. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 22:42 #

Ohhh…did you feel like you were floating on air?

I would have been.

15. Leo January 29, 2009 at 22:48 #

It gave me such a big smile, I was so in love with the whole thing.

My associate and I were picking favorites, but each time a new gown came down the runaway we had to re-think our choices.

16. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 22:50 #

I was doing the same on Style.com LOL

17. Meg January 30, 2009 at 00:39 #

Hmm, I’m sure the details are intricate up close but this collection is pretty underwhelming.

FC Please tell me that you went to the JPG show. I’m in love, that man always blows me away.

18. indyusa January 30, 2009 at 02:28 #

Thought you might appreciate the following plug for yr blog, in the UK Independent

19. nicole January 30, 2009 at 06:58 #

one of my favourite designers. love this collection. im sure seeing it in person would be amazing! cant wait to see some of the stuff on my fav celebrities!

20. Anonymous January 30, 2009 at 08:47 #

Ethereal Collection! The most elegant,wearable dresses i have seen in ages…every piece is stunning!

21. Fashion Critic January 30, 2009 at 11:02 #

I was only in Paris for one day, so I did not go to JPG’s show

22. Fashion Critic January 30, 2009 at 11:23 #

OMG OMG OMG indyusa thank you SOOOOO much for bring that to my attention.

That is amazing. Thankfully they have recognised that I was the first to report that it was backwards.

I am over the moon with the name check.

I am going to go and by the paper now.

23. whitestroke January 30, 2009 at 23:24 #

It’s interesting to see Elie moving away from his comfort zone and trying something a bit different. He toned down with the bling this time, and surprisingly focused a lot on the structure, especially in the first half of the show. At first I couldn’t believe I’m looking at Elie Saab ’cause I wouldn’t normally associate such structured outfits with him. He can’t seem to do anything wrong, though, and I think this was one of his strongest collections in recent history.