28.01.09

My 2 Minute Chat With Queen Latifah At The Georges Chakra Show

After the Georges Chakra show, I introduced myself to Queen Latifah, who has to be one of the most gracious, interesting and engaging celebrity I have ever met.

Queen Latifah wore a stunning Pamella Roland gown, when she took to the stage at the BET Honors event last week.

Regular reader Robbie said, “Queen Latifah’s dress looks so much better on her than the model.”

I told Queen Latifah this, and she was genuinely pleased, clenching her fist and exclaiming “YES”, which was so cute.

I asked her if she would wear any of the designs she was seen at the runway show. “Why not? the clothes are fun and interesting, and he (Georges Chakra) would make them especially for me,” she said. Lucky girl.

She then informed me that she has first been introduced to Mr Chakra when he designed the stunning purple gown she wore to the People’s Choice Awards (above) this year, and since then she has been in love with his work.

I then told her that I admired her for always wearing such vibrant colours, and not sticking to safe black like Jennifer Aniston, she said “It’s nice to take risks and be adventurous, but sometimes they don’t always pay off. Cate Blanchett is one of those stars who can wear anything on the red carpet, and it’s interesting and edgy, and she always looks amazing.”

At this point I felt we were bonding over our mutual love to Cate Blanchett. How amazing that even Cate’s peers think she is fierce on the red carpet.

I also spoke to Queen Latifah’s stylist Timothy Snell, who also works with Whitney, and he told me that, Whitney can wear straight off the runway, whereas for Queen Latifah, the gowns have to be custom-made.

This I think is great for Queen Latifah, as she has less chance of appearing on a Who Wore It Better? Poll.

He then went onto say that for Queen Latifah there is a lot of pre-planning involved because of the customizations and modifications when it comes to her wardrobe. He is already planning for the Grammy’s, and she is possibly attending the Oscars.

Wearing Georges Chakra? We’ll have to wait and see.

Shop Her Closet

Shop Her Closet

20% Off All Net-A-Porter Sale Items

20% Off All Net-A-Porter Sale Items

33 Responses to My 2 Minute Chat With Queen Latifah At The Georges Chakra Show

1. Ahot January 28, 2009 at 13:31 #

OH MY God! is it you FC? I am so happy i can finally picture you, the mysterious lady who saved my fashionata life! (I must say most of fashion websites are dead boring and i was so happy the day i found your site!).You are really an inspiration. Oh, and who were you wearing? ;)

2. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 13:38 #

Bless you for saying such kind words.

I am wearing my favourite Louis Vuitton leopard print scarf, a All Saints leather jacket.

Not seen I am wearing a puffy H&M skirt and Pour La Victoire Booties.

;)

3. louboutinheels January 28, 2009 at 14:09 #

is that you with queen latifah?!! awesome!!!!!!!!!

you’ve just introduced me to a new designer! Georges Chakra. Wow, love his couture! amazing pics!

keep up the fab work!

CC

4. Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 14:10 #

Wow. Amazing. You both look amazing. Were you starstruck though? I would be, lol.

Electra.

5. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 14:22 #

I was for about half a second, but she was so warm, that it felt like I was talking to an old friend.

6. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 14:23 #

yep that is me Louboutin heels.

7. Lily January 28, 2009 at 14:30 #

Haha, you should have seen my face when I saw this post.
    Not enough that you’re not Miss Anonymous anymore- it’s really cool to see you in person after so many months I’ve been reading you, no, you’re also in Paris (ahhh!)AND you are visiting fashion shows (ahhhhhhhhhhh!) AND you’re talking to Queen Latifah(AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!). Lucky girl.
    Et passe un bon séjour à Paris! :)

8. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 14:37 #

Merci. J’Adore Paris.

9. iona January 28, 2009 at 15:22 #

señorita you look amazing!!
    love ur scarf!
    u too look amazing in the photo! nice to see your face again in your blog.

your supa fan from Barcelona, iona.

10. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 15:24 #

Gracias Iona. :)

11. Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 15:34 #

WOW…What Would I do to be in your shoes right now!!!

did you actually say Jennifer Aniston,what was her reaction to that…did she get all diplomatic?

12. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 15:40 #

yes I did say Jennifer Aniston, and her reaction was neutral. She answered the question and spoke about Cate Blanchett. Needless to say I now Love Queen Latifah. But then I did anyway.

13. Irie Diva January 28, 2009 at 16:06 #

thats just how i pictured her to be! i’m so happy she didnt let me down, and her in that purple dress is the best i’ve seen her…amazing!

14. heather ♥ January 28, 2009 at 16:26 #

How incredible!
    you look amazing FC! and it must be so exciting to be in Paris for all the shows! im quite envious!
    have an amazing time and thanks for posting about all of your amazing fashion experiences!

15. Fernanda Souza. January 28, 2009 at 16:28 #

FC, you so beautiful!

16. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 16:40 #

You are all too kind. :)

17. boogie January 28, 2009 at 17:04 #

You look amazing, FC!!!

18. Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 17:23 #

well, you look amazing as imagined you:)

By the way, Georges Chakra,Elie Saab,Zuhair Murad, Basil Soda, Reem Acra and many others are lebanese designers…The world should know that we can export style and art rather than terror and war!

A peaceful stylish gal who are addicted to your blog:p

19. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 17:56 #

Thanks Peaceful Stylish Gal.

I am not aware of Basil Soda, but the rest you listed are some of my favourite designers in world.

Looking up Basil Soda now.

20. robbie January 28, 2009 at 18:12 #

oh my god, i cant believe you met her. she is amazing. you both look gorgeous, i LOVE your scarf.

did you actually tell er what i said? oh i feel so special haha.

you look so tall.

21. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 18:21 #

Yes Robbie, I really did. She was so pleased :)

I am 5ft 11in tall, about 6ft 2in in heels.

I was shocked we were the same height

22. Ladybrille.com January 28, 2009 at 20:49 #

I have met many a celebs not Queen Latifah, yet. Did not know she was as tall as I am and that you are 5ft 11in! Tall black women rule [we've needed out spotlight for a while now] a la you, Queen Latifah, Michelle Obama, moi. LOL!

Cheers,
    Uduak

23. Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 22:29 #

Now we have seen your gorgeous face and outfit,it’s left me wanting more! Please post more of your daily outfits!you look fab!

24. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 23:04 #

I have been asked that before, but for this site is not about me. I would feel too uncomfortable doing that. Besides I mostly wear jeans and that would not be very interesting day after day :)

Please like Karla’s Closet, do that so much better.

25. Regina January 28, 2009 at 23:36 #

You very beautiful!Big fan from Russia)

26. Raquel January 29, 2009 at 03:37 #

Oooh, you look FAB!!! Best dressed of the week!!!

LOVE the scarf!

27. Jajababy January 29, 2009 at 06:38 #

Good for you FC! I am happy for you! I religiously read your blog and plus you’re a CUTIE!

28. selita January 29, 2009 at 14:26 #

WOW! You’re beautiful! Love the scarf and the hair! It’s so shining! What products do you use, if one may ask?
    A fan from Portugal!

29. Leo January 29, 2009 at 22:41 #

Didn’t have time to comment earlier, this was such a crazy week for me.

You look gorgeous, love the scarf, it really suits you. So, you were in my town (or are you here still)? How did Paris treat you? Did you have fun in the couture shows?

30. Fashion Critic January 30, 2009 at 00:34 #

Thank you all for your kind comments.

31. Sade January 30, 2009 at 04:54 #

Dang gurl, I go off to hospital and come back to find you have reached the unreachable star! lol

I am soo happy for you, when I saw the pic, I didnt even think it was you, I was wondering who that fabulous actress was with Queen….Its good to put a face to the sites. Keep on keeping on!

32. Fashion Critic January 30, 2009 at 11:04 #

LOL Sade, that is too cute.

33. whitestroke January 30, 2009 at 19:10 #

I guess just like everything else in life, having custom made gowns just for you has both good and bad sides. Bad sides being that you probably have less choice than to take what you want to wear straight off the runway, and you have to do a lot of pre-planning and fittings, like her stylist said. But I think it’s also good because you get a gown that suits you perfectly because it’s been made especially for your size. Retail sizes are so messed up these days, they ought to do something about it in the future.