Christian Lacroix Spring 2009 Haute Couture

Yesterday my second show was the Christian Lacroix Spring 2009 Haute Couture show.

The collection, as expected, was very colourful and beautiful, mixing ultra feminine and romantic looks, with a touch chic of masculine tailoring.

The colours were vibrant, tropical for some pieces, and there were also prints, stripes and heavy embellishments.

The show opened with military inspired looks, then a series of tailored suits, followed by dresses with boleros, puffy skirts, flamenco-style dresses, and then the gowns. Each one more spectacular than the next.

My favourites were the pink ombre one above, which would look great on someone like Penelope Cruz, who has been lacking for me lately. The gold dress is of course reserved. in my eye. for Cate Blanchett. Only she could wear that sculptured dress so elegantly.

The hair was pulled up top, with a single braid. The accessories were big.

Big jeweled earrings, big plastic bangles, and earrings worn as bangles. These are fine details, but they made a big impact.

French Vogue editor Carine Roitfeld was in the front row looking gorgeous wearing a tan trench coat, which almost looked like a chic dress.

I had a 1000 watt blub pointing in my direction, but I was able to get a few great pictures from the show.

I need a faster reaction camera.

Source & Source

20% Off All Net-A-Porter Sale Items

20% Off All Net-A-Porter Sale Items

Social Events Of The Week

Social Events Of The Week

14 Responses to Christian Lacroix Spring 2009 Haute Couture

1. bairre January 28, 2009 at 15:20 #

oh lucky you! did you get the invitation to the show?

2. Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 15:33 #

I can’t see anyone wearing this collection. Chanel also dissapointed me. For now, i can only see a few of Armani and Dior at the Oscars.

Electra.

3. Kiran_Sooknandan January 28, 2009 at 15:51 #

I have to disagree with you Electra. While I agree, I dont expect to see Chanel at the oscars, the collection was delicate, fresh and had this gorgoeus optimism about it. Some of those looks would be perfect for oscar lunches. Lacroix was amazing as always. there was a red off the shoulder gown i could picture at the oscars

4. Sarah January 28, 2009 at 16:08 #

Gorgeous, I’m in love! I love how over the top this is…

5. Atelier January 28, 2009 at 16:51 #

omg fashion critic you are sooo lucky… I want to thank u for sharing this beautiful pics with all of us…and for your amazing description of every single show,,,it may sound weird but the fact you`re there is like a little piece of all of us there too with you…I really appreciate all of your updates…you are amazing..

6. Fashion Critic January 28, 2009 at 17:09 #

awww…that is so sweet. You are going to make me cry.

7. Fashion Lover January 29, 2009 at 18:49 #

Marise Tomei is the only daring nominee this year who could wear these designs and carry them off…and a part of me really wants her to!
    And I totally agree with Atelier,Ive been checking the blog like every 5 minutes about whether FC attended the Ellie Saab show or not!
    cuz I know for a fact he’s one of your super faves!

8. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 18:55 #

I wish. I was only in Paris for one day.

9. Leo January 29, 2009 at 22:45 #

I have a bit of a problem, his aesthetic annoys me a bit, it can look dated sometimes. But I have to say that I loved accessories this time, it worked so well.

I really liked all your reviews of the shows.

10. Fashion Critic January 29, 2009 at 22:58 #

thank you.

I realized that it really makes a difference when you are there and you see the clothes with your own eyes and not via Style.com

11. Leo January 29, 2009 at 23:10 #

Oh so much, you don’t have such a real sense of the fabrics and how the clothes move on pictures. Plus, the whole experience of the show is something else, everytime I attend something, I get so caught up by the atmosphere.

12. whitestroke January 30, 2009 at 19:17 #

I agree with Atelier. I was so excited when I saw you were at the shows, as if I was there myself.

13. pox January 31, 2009 at 15:56 #

Lacroix is the best so far on thes fashin week. The collectin is absolutely fabulous.

14. Madeleine January 31, 2009 at 19:24 #