26.01.09 Worst Dressed

2009 SAG Awards – Worst Dressed

Worst Dressed Award
I would really like to know what was going on in America Ferrera’s mind when she picked this Vera Wang gown.

The colour surprisingly washed her out, the draping on the hips is extremely unflattering, and the black tulle pieces that criss-crosses across her bodice was just annoying and only added to the overall disappointment of this gown.

Deja Vu Award
Penelope Cruz fails again with the same hairstyle as the Golden Globe Awards, and another dress that fails to wow me despite being by Azzedine Alaia.

Most Underwhelming Award
Angelina Jolie, we get it. We get that fact that you would look great in a potato sack. We also get the fact that you don’t care about how you look on the red carpet, and that you no longer try.

But you could have nipped in this Max Azria Spring 2009 gown just a tad to give it some shape.

Oh and sweetie, you have the dress on back to front. It was presented as a plunge-neck dress.

Non Supporting Actress Award
Emily Blunt’s Pamella Roland Spring 2009 silver dress sparkled. It was gorgeous.

But the top half just was very uncomfortable to look at. I know it would have been impossible to wear a bra with dress, but the twins lacked support.

Most Disappointing Award
Kyra Sedgwick always looks spectacular every red carpet season. This season, I have not been swept off my feet by her.

This vintage Chanel dress was very ill fitting around the bust for me. Hopefully she will wow me at the Oscars.

I Should Be Thankful It’s Not Black But…Award
But Rosario Dawson doesn’t wear this pewter Dolce & Gabbana mermaid gown well, which is surprising for someone with her curves.

The dress is very fussy around the bust area, and has also been worn by another celebrity much better.

Worst White Award
There was a lot of white on the red carpet last night, but Olivia Wilde’s was the least flattering. Surprisingly it was a Ralph Lauren Spring 2009 gown.

Too Dark Award
I love the dramatic nature of this Carolina Herrera strapless gown that Marcia Cross is wearing. But I just think it was way too dark for her.

This would suit someone like Dita von Teese, who can wear dark Gothic type gowns with her pale skin.

Worst Desperate Housewives Star Award
Nicolette Sheridan wore a sea blue asymmetric Roberto Cavalli Resort 2009 dress. I like the dress, but there is something about Nicolette that cheapens the whole look for me.

Too Casual Award
Tina Fey wore a black strapless Brian Reyes dress, which is cute, but it would have been even cuter on Selena Gomez, Vanessa Hudgens or someone else around that age group.

Click here for the Best Dressed.
Source & Source

Kate Mara In Dolce & Gabbana - 2014 Tony Awards

Kate Mara In Dolce & Gabbana – 2014 Tony Awards

2009 SAG Awards - Best Dressed

2009 SAG Awards – Best Dressed

24 Responses to 2009 SAG Awards – Worst Dressed

1. Kelly January 26, 2009 at 04:45 #

I was so surprised by how disappointed I was by Olivia Wilde! She’s usually so consistent, but this was just so bleh. And I totally agree about America — she has looked so gorgeous in the past so what was she thinking??

2. Nik January 26, 2009 at 05:10 #

Not everyone can have access to an Alaia. Very Unique.

Tina Fey is a comedienne.

Just playing devil’s advocate but I guess someone has to be in the worst dressed.

Since when has Angi ever been fashionable on the carpet? I can only think of one golden globes dress from a decade ago.

Marcia Cross is very brave. Not many women with her coloring are so bold.

3. WendyB January 26, 2009 at 05:42 #

Whew! You are tough! Anyway, just wanted to share the info on Kyra’s gown:

4. Jordan LaDiva January 26, 2009 at 05:45 #

Another red carpet, another fashion disappointment by beautiful Angelina.

5. Jules January 26, 2009 at 06:07 #

I agree about America Ferrera, she kept on saying how she loves the dress but I don’t understand what’s there to love…

Penelope Cruz looked gorgeous, it’s completely different from what she wore at the Golden Globes…

if I was to give a deja vu award it would go to Angelina who looked like she just recycled her Critics Choice award dress and dyed it blue in the process

6. GLADITSNIGHT.COM January 26, 2009 at 06:10 #

i like rosarios gown. but i agree it didn’t fit the best.

7. Laura January 26, 2009 at 06:37 #

I like Rosario’s dress, but yeah, not fitting well enough. I actually love Tina’s look, I didn’t really have a problem with it’s length. But 100% agree with you on everyone else. And honestly, Angie never really impresses me. Every dress she’s worn recently looks almost the same. It drives me nuts.

8. Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 07:11 #

http://i40.tinypic.com/50icle.jpg was Angelina’s dress. She wore it right!

9. Bella January 26, 2009 at 08:04 #

I actually like Penelope and Tina's dresses.

Rosario's Dolce & Gabbana dress has been worn by more than 1 celebrity: Rihanna, Katie Lee Joel and also Caterina Murino.

10. Fashion Critic January 26, 2009 at 11:01 #

that is not the same dress Anon. She wore it wrong.

11. Fashion Critic January 26, 2009 at 11:17 #

Yes Bella, I have done WWIB? polls on all of those before, but Rihanna was the best comparison to illustrate my point

12. Kiran_Sooknandan January 26, 2009 at 14:28 #

Hey F.C, Amy Poeler is wearing Roberto Cavalli Pre fall 2009

13. Fashion Critic January 26, 2009 at 14:30 #

thanks

14. Kiran_Sooknandan January 26, 2009 at 14:39 #

Also Kyra Sedgwick wore vintage chanel from RARE.

15. Lily January 26, 2009 at 14:54 #

FC- Olivia Wilde is wearing Ralph Lauren. (And I hate it.)

16. Fashion Critic January 26, 2009 at 14:58 #

Thanks y’all

Lily…for a simple white gown it was surprising it went so wrong.

17. MatteaAM January 26, 2009 at 15:14 #

i dont know…i like Angies look…and the way that the dress is opened on the back instead on the front…i like this color on her very much. i think she looks great.
    oh, and i love marcia in that dress. she very beautiful too…
    xD

18. Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 16:33 #

i wish angie would go to one of those countries she’s trying to save and stay there. Did you see her being interviewed at E’s Live At The Red Carpet. She was utterly rude to the interviewer. LIke she’s above all
    this sh#t. Why does she come if she doesn’t want to
    participate. I thought she looked like she was getting ready to audition for a nun. That hair was very schoolteacher.

19. Fashion Critic January 26, 2009 at 16:59 #

I agres she was rude but those presenters on E ask the most annoying unrelated to the event or the actors work questions. So for that I kinda understand.

They ask tabloid questions, to someone like Angelina Jolie who refuses to play the game, so they should not be surprised if she gives them the eye roll.

20. MatteaAM January 26, 2009 at 17:04 #

Fashion Critic, i was just about to say that! i mean, you cant ask person on the red carpet what has she/he learnt from his partner…i stopped watching right then and there!! i mean…stupid!!
    oh, and i like her hair. i think its nice!!
    xD

21. whitestroke January 26, 2009 at 18:31 #

I kinda liked America’s dress, in a strange way. Although the black detailing is weird, but I’d find the dress too plain without it. I don’t know… I’m confused! I agree with you about Penelope. It’s a lovely dress, shows her figure and all, but it’s just BORING for such a beautiful woman. God, what would I put on her if I had a chance! She also seemed to be uncomfortable in it. I saw lots of pics where she’s messing with the front, trying to cover her chest properly. Does Angelina has ANY idea how boring she is? I don’t think so. Because it looks like she thinks she’s awesome on the front (“OMG I love this type of dresses, that’s why I wear them nonstop!”) and it shows her back which she – no doubt! – thinks it’s oh so sexy with her tattoos. Go home and stay there! Guess what? No one cares.

Oh boy, I feel for Emily Blunt. :/ On the other hand, Kyra looks so flat there that she can’t even fit properly such a tiny bustier. Surprising for Olivia to fail on the red carpet, but not so surprising for me about the dress itself. That collection was so boring, and no one wearing any of it so far wowed me.

I would put all Desperate Housewives in Worst Dressed. Talking about desperate, why almost all of them need to attend every single big event, whether their show was even nominated or not?! I loved Terri’s dress on the runway, but it didn’t quite work on her. I hope it’ll grow on me, but for now I’m sad she went and wore it first, because so many women would look beautiful in it. And Eva’s dress was just downright kitschy.
    I would put Amy Poehler with Tina Fey together. They both make me snore, have no style whatsoever, and are so terribly unfunny, which is tragic considering they’re supposed to be COMEDIANS.

22. Raquel January 26, 2009 at 23:22 #

I actually think Emily Blunt looked amazing.

LOVED America’s make up, but word on the dress.

23. Flare January 28, 2009 at 03:57 #

To be honest, Marcia Cross’s dress is gorgeous. But, being a redhead, it would’ve looked way better on her if it was emerald green.

I love Olivia Wilde’s dress, but she just didn’t fill it out in the right places it seems.

I agree about Rosario Dawson’s dress..for someone as gorgeous and curvy as her, the dress looks rather frumpy. Would’ve been okay if they’d left off the lower part of the skirt, and it hugged her a little better.

Personally, I think Kyra looks great. The second picture of her you’ve got there is just gorgeous. But for someone who usually absolutely wows, it is kind of a disappointment.

Penelope is gorgeous..I love her hair, and I think the dress looks just fabulous on her. But, each to their own.

I feel sorry for America Ferrera…She’s adorable, but that dress wasn’t a great pick unforutnately.

About Angelina Jolie…I don’t think she’s pretty at all..I don’t like the dress at all…I guess its’ alright from the back, but I really don’t like the front.

24. Anonymous January 28, 2009 at 12:23 #

I actually think angelina looks nice! And she could be like Julia Ormond who wore the one shoulder dress a different way. So I don’t see anything wrong with her wearing it front to back. It looks pretty still.