26.01.09 Best Dressed

2009 SAG Awards – Best Dressed

Best Dressed Award
Wearing the colour of the season – electric blue – Kate Winslet is the only actress that made me say wow last night.

The British actress was truly outstanding wearing a stunning Narciso Rodriguez body-con gown, which hugged her in all the right places.

The deep v-neck proved again that Kate is not afraid to show off her cleavage.

She completed her look with Chopard jewels.

I particularly loved her earrings.

Best Runner Up Award
Had it not been for Kate, Evan Rachel Wood would have won Best Dressed wearing this stunning teal Monique Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2009 off-the-shoulder gown.

She accented the gown with a eagle brooch, which worked well with rest of her antique looking jewelry.

She completed her look with purple Sergio Rossi heels, and a matching clutch.

Most Dramatic Award
I like drama on the red carpet. And Teri Hatcher certainly provided that last night wearing this Monqiue Lhuillier Pre-Fall 2009 gown, which had an asymmetric bodice, folds on the skirt, a train, shoulder detail, and a black belt to finish off the look.

It all sounds to much, but it worked perfectly. Teri more than did it justice as she literally bounced with joy down the red carpet, looking particularly pleased with herself.

Most Undecided Award
I went back and forth a lot with Eva Longoria in this Jenny Packham Spring 2009 dress.

I like the dress, the colour, and the gold crystal and turquoise embellished neckline. But I really dislike Eva’s hair, and the nude mesh part of the dress.

Best White Award
There were many white gowns on the red carpet last night, but Anne Hathaway’s was the most exquisite. The actress wore a white Azzaro gown with crystal embellished neckline and belt.

This dress sees the classic beauty return to her outstanding red carpet form, we have long been admiring.

Her look was complete with Cartier jewels, and Christian Louboutin heels.

I Know You Probably Hate It, But I Love It Award
No red carpet is complete without a Elie Saab gown, and Marisa Tomei did not disappoint in this canary yellow Elie Saab Spring 2009 gown with satin floral detail.

The floral detail started on the shoulder, then cascaded down her back.

She is on fire at the moment.

Back On Track Award
After Freida Pinto’s disappointing Golden Globes gown, she was back to her best wearing a pale blue Marchesa gown.

She completed her look with a Roger Viver box clutch, and Martin Katz jewels.

Best Dressed Couple Award
Diane Lane and Josh Brolin together always make me swoon.

He was gorgeous wearing a black on black suit, whilst she shone, so elegantly, wearing a red David Meister halter gown.

Most Vibrant Award
I have not seen any movies with Viola Davis, so she was not really on my radar, but she surely grabbed my attention wearing a vibrant yellow David Meister draped stretch charmeuse one shoulder evening gown.

The colour really popped against her skin.

Best Red Award
There were a lot of red dresses on the SAG red carpet last night, but I loved the silhouette of Claire Danes’ Nina Ricci gown.

The dress was also set apart with it’s asymmetrical skirt, and its sheer cap sleeves.

She completed her look with Fred Leighton jewels and Jimmy Choo heels.

Best Couture Award
Couture doesn’t have to be about highly structured pieces. It can also be about gorgeous floaty ultra feminine pieces like this Anne Valérie Hash Fall 2008 Couture strapless gown, which Jennifer Morrison wore last night.

The lace skirt and embellished neckline look beautifully delicate.

Best Snap Back Award
The last time I saw Amy Poehler on the red carpet she was pregnant, now she has snapped back to her fabulous pre-baby figure.

The comedian also wore white, and looked angelic wearing a plunge-neck Roberto Cavalli Pre-Fall 2008 gown with a brooch detail on the empire waist.

Silver peep toes and diamond jewels completed the look.

Va Va Voom Award
WOW. I have said it before, and I will say it again. What an amazing figure Christina Hendricks has. Her racy red Carolina Herrera ruffle neck gown, does nothing but enhance it.

Glorious.

Quietly Consistent Award
Jenna Fischer does not wear anything that screams “Look At Me”, but she always manages to look fantastic.

She did so again last night wearing a dove grey silk chiffon plunge-neck Pamella Roland gown with yellow and grey beading along the empire-waist.

Best Deja Vu Award
Lisa Edelstein is wearing a red Reem Acra Pre-Fall 2009 asymmetric gown, we have seen many times before. Mainly because there is a Resort 2009 dress which looks very similar which was recently worn by Gabrielle Union.

Click here for the Worst Dressed.
Source & Source

Karolina Kurkova In Preen - Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Karolina Kurkova In Preen – Lucky FABB: Fashion and Beauty Blog Conference

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Rihanna or Rosario Dawson

Who Wore Dolce & Gabbana Better? Rihanna or Rosario Dawson

21 Responses to 2009 SAG Awards – Best Dressed

1. Nik January 26, 2009 at 06:29 #

I loved the back of Claire's dress.

Viola. It looked good on her skin.

Marisa Tomei is so misunderstood. I agree. Cute.

Anne looks great, but the dress looks like a R&B diva dress for me. Maybe it's the neckline and glitter. I can see Rihanna or Mary J Blige. Definately a juxtaposition look for me.

Longoria. All her dresses look the same, and they are all meshed together in my memory. Like a Bruce Sprinstein song. Still pretty.

I am so glad that Evan R got a tan.

If Kate wasen't such a big winner, I dont think people would like this dress as much. I dont like the shoulder thing or that hem…it looks like an incredibly long slip.

2. nicole (freida lover) January 26, 2009 at 06:48 #

LOVEE FREIDA (soo happy shes back on track) and kate looks amazing int that colour.
    diane lane looked stunning too.

3. Nik January 26, 2009 at 06:55 #

Kit Holmes didn’t walk the carpet?

4. 3yn20h9a January 26, 2009 at 07:16 #

totally agree about Marisa Tomei….so glad to see others realize how gorgeous that dress is!!!

5. ivette January 26, 2009 at 07:29 #

i loved marisa tomei she looked gorgeous one of my favorites
    i also loved freida and kate
    but again you forgot my favorite Laura Linney!! oh and Amy Adams cant wait to see what you think about them

6. Tiffany January 26, 2009 at 07:50 #

Viola looks amazing as does Kate. You always have great commentary as well a great pictures!

7. dc88tigger January 26, 2009 at 08:50 #

Freida Pinto and Diane Lane’s dresses look strangely similar. I love Kate Winslet’s dress but think it deserved some slightly more dramatic earrings. Evan Rachel Wood looks stunning!

8. Fashion Critic January 26, 2009 at 11:02 #

Katie Holmes did not walk the red carpet

9. Danika January 26, 2009 at 11:35 #

Kate Winslet looks amazing as usual, the dress fits her like a glove and the colour is perfect on her. Evan Rachel Wood also looks stunning.

Come on Angelina you can do better, it looks similar to a white/grey dress she has worn previously.

10. Anonymous January 26, 2009 at 12:32 #

What did you think of Amy Adams…she looked divine!

11. Isabella January 26, 2009 at 14:34 #

I think this is the first time I agree on every single dress on your Best Dressed list.
    But I would gave the “Best Deja Vu Award” to Eva Longoria. She wore a similar gown at the Emmy Awards two years ago. (Maybe three years ago?!) Haha, this sounds ridiculous, doesn’t it? But she looks awesome, so whatever.

12. antoneLLina January 26, 2009 at 14:58 #

OMG!!!!!kate winslet is absolutely STUNNING. everything is simply perfect: the colour, the hair, the make-up…she looks elegant,chic and not-safe…wonderful!
    anne…..as usual i don’t like her style!the hair,the make-up and the dress too..no no no!
    jennifer morrison is WOW!i think that i would gave her VA VA VOOM award!i don’t know why in particular,but she looks outstanding!

13. Ana Karla January 26, 2009 at 15:25 #

Marisa Tomei is Gorgeous! Don’t worry! You’re not alone!

14. WendyB January 26, 2009 at 16:25 #

I thought Marisa looked great!

15. drinkupthefashion January 26, 2009 at 19:13 #

christina hendricks looks MARVELOUS. so sexy. i bet she has NO PROBLEMS getting asked out for dates. i didn’t know having such an amazing hourglass figure was possible. O.O

jenna fischer looks fab. i love keisha whitaker in the dress. evan rachel wood takes my breath away, as does anne. your best dressed list is amazing, all for one: eva longoria. she should be off. her dress has too many frills. her hair is nice, but not with the dress. sorry eva :/

16. robbie January 26, 2009 at 19:53 #

kate was by far the best dressed out of them all, such a gorgeous colour, and she just looked perfect! i cant wait til the oscars, i hope kate wins she deserves the award.

eva would have looked better with nicer and hair, and if the mesh actually matched her skin tone.

17. whitestroke January 26, 2009 at 19:54 #

I think I’m not that impressed overall with SAG looks this year. I just realized that I don’t know how would I fill my TOP 5 Best Dressed, let alone TOP 8 or even more. Kate looked amazing, but I wasn’t too wowed with the dress. Too much electric blue these days, and I didn’t expect someone like Kate to be the one to follow that trend. Anne Hathaway disappointed me AGAIN. I only like her hair here. (That’s pretty much how my hair is right now. LOL) But the dress is so not her and quite boring. Why does she has to do this to us NOW? After an amazing year, she goes downhill RIGHT in the awards season. She should be the one choosing dramatic, fashion forward dresses, not Teri.

From these looks here, I loved Evan Rachel Wood the most. G.O.R.G.E.O.U.S. Words fail me. Generally, I’m not a fan of those type of dresses. But boy, she works it even better than the model. She’s been great on the red carpet lately. It’s almost like she creates another character for herself with each dress. Also, I LOVE her choice of jewelry, and colors combo… Teal and purple. LOVE IT.
    I agree about Marisa. I loved her, too. She worked that dramatic – and yes, very busy! – dress for me in the way that Teri couldn’t.
    I also liked Freida, Claire, Jenna and Jennifer Morrison. Jennifer shows Angelina that there are much better and more interesting dresses in her favorite shape.

18. Raquel January 26, 2009 at 23:18 #

My favorite dress is Teri’s, but her makeup was bad. She needed to either lighten her hair a little or wear a va va voom make up and that was not the case. I love the body photo, but in the close up she looks sort of washed out.

I’m not impressed but Winslet. Jenna or Cristina (honey, you got them, f-l-a-u-n-t them!).

LOVED LOVED LOVED Jennifer Morrison, Viola and Calire Daines. Sure on my best dressed lit.

19. Raquel January 26, 2009 at 23:20 #

Ooops, forgot to say that while I adore Marisa Tomei, IMO she had the same problem as Teri: lackluster makeup.

20. Vera January 27, 2009 at 08:14 #

Teri Hatcher’s dress is amazing, but it’s just not for her. For me she doesn’t LOOK in this dress.

Eva Longoria’s dress makes her look… wider.

21. Lia January 31, 2009 at 15:58 #

I second that, dc88tigger — I was just about to say that I wondered which came first … and I feel like I’ve seen it before somewhere else. It’s still beautiful (I particularly like the pale blue on Frieda) but the familiarity fails to wow.